The Marvel/DC Co-Fan Club 719 members · 575 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

So I've seen the first six episodes of DC's newest animated series.

What do I think about it? It's ok. The humor is alright, and the designs of the teenage superheroes are interesting and creative, but for all that it's just barely passable in my opinion. Why is that?
There is little to no conflict. No disasters, no bank robberies, and as for supervillians? They attend class right alongside the heroes. They aren't even part of a rival school, which would have at least led to some fun school rivalry story lines.

I think this is a problem with animation directed at girls in general. With a few notable exceptions, most young girl's programming is all about sugary, highschool drama omg-boys-makeup-makeovers-gossip-shopping. I think this is a crying shame, since there are some genuinely interesting female characters in comics, both DC and Marvel. Show of hands, who would watch a series about the female heroes banding together to fight crime and save the world? Instead what we have with this show is Barbie's Dream Highschool with superhero colors splashed over it. Come on Marvel, DC, give girls some strong female role models in shows that could rival Batman TAS or Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I'm tired of saying it over and over so I am done.

4866708 what have you said over and over?

4866797 the part about the heroes and villains both being in the same school. I've had to repeatedly point out that it most likely takes place before they become actual villains in the case of yonger characters like Harley, and after they have been caught and reformed in the case of staff members like Poison Ivy.

And the reason this got made is because of the success and popularity of mlpfim. They wanted to cash in on that popularity. It could be better yes, but it is also much better than ttg.

4867079 Ok, agreed, TTG is pretty fricking awful. However, I still stand by my assertion that the show is just a highschool drama with spandex. The things that makes MLPFIM so interesting, at least to me, is it's story, characters, and the conflicts. DCSHG has the characters, and I can forgive the story for being a little on the light side considering each episode is roughly 5 minutes, but there is little to no conflict. When I think of superhero stories, I think of them doing... well, superhero things! I just feel disappointed, like they had a good concept and characters and decided to do next to nothing with them.

4867433 Well hopefully after enough popularity is gained we might get a tv series or some tv movies lik EQG, and then we could see them in action.

4866702 I agree, what also ticks me off is that their episodes at most are 3 minutes long, web series or not if the episodes aren't even 5 minutes long, then they give us no reason to connect with the characters, or even watch the show.

4868558 on that I have to agree.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8