Equestria Daily 712 members · 2,253 stories
Comments ( 68 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 68

So has anyone other than Soge and I posted reviews of the stories?

Small revisions post-deadline are fine, but we reserve the right to have already seen and judged your entry at any point after the deadline. So you can make the changes, but there's no guarantee that we haven't already looked at/judged your entry by that point.

Oh? That's good to hear. I found a word repeat in mine that was bugging me to no end. "like like" :pinkiecrazy:

....and fixed it. :twilightsmile:

Is there some sort of score sheet showing results from the judges so far? Or at least which stories have been read?

If it's anything like the Outside Insight contest, they'll let us know when they have finalists, and some judges may comment on your story, but for the most part, it stays quiet until the end.

There's no real "results" document to present to begin with. The judging works by separating the judges into teams of three and giving each an equal amount of stories to read. The first round (which we finished a couple days ago) is just a screening, where we turn away stories that don't meet the contest's requirements, go against them, or are simply too low in quality to be a serious contender. From there, the list is narrowed down and then we give all the stories greater scrutiny, and the process pretty much repeats until we can get a short list of finalists. Each judge then ranks their favorites of the finalist pool, and we'll have our winners.

If you're looking for a specific metric, there really isn't one. Outside of who the winners end up being (and maybe some "finalist list" announcement), things will stay pretty quiet unless a judge comments on your story.

unless a judge comments on your story.

What he meant to say was "unless C2 reads your story." :rainbowwild:

Well then, I hope I get into your rotation soon! 'Cause it's not the fighting that kills ya! It's the waitin', the endless waitin', I tell ya!

Arrrrghhh!*

* See my previous post.

The first round (which we finished a couple days ago) is just a screening, where we turn away stories that don't meet the contest's requirements, go against them, or are simply too low in quality to be a serious contender.

Is there a list of stories that passed / didn't pass?

Yes. But we're not publishing it :scootangel:

Clearly someone needs to leak them to the papers. :moustache:

Ah, well. I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

THIS sappy drek is (partly) the reason why the judging is taking so long?
[EDIT: Ignore. I'm an idiot.]

Uh
Present Perfect isn't a judge. He (or anything he does) has nothing to do with the judging process.

Welp, time to go hang my head in shame. I guess I got his name mixed up with John Perry....somehow...

Why not both?
I think perhaps that and the fact he kept mentioning MMDGC reviews in his blog were responsible for my error.

Incidentally, what are the chances of us finalists getting some feedback now that it's all over? Especially those unlucky ones who didn't get a fancy dedicated paragraph in the winner's post.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 68