Displaced 4,427 members · 1,266 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Any new displaced fics posted recently?

It's not a recent one but does get updates every two months or so. Skeletor, Master of the empire if ya hadn't seen it. It's great

Eh besides the ones you've already seen. No, not really

Okay I'll give it a look
okay

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

If you want to see the latest updated Displaced story, you can do what I do. Sort by Updated while searching for the most common words in a Displaced description; Displaced, The Merchant, or Comic Con. Convention also works but its less effective in finding Displaced stories.

What is the definition of a Displaced story, if you don't mind me asking?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Well, alot of them involve taking Human A from their world, then given the appearance and powers of character B, and then sent into Equestria C, either the original Equestria, or an alternative reality of Equestria.
"Displaced (N.)- Displaced refers to mostly humans, though it can be other species or people, that have been removed from their worlds, possibly gone through changes, and placed in another world, commonly Equestria."
According to the 'Guide for New and Old Members topic.

Does being changed into a character from MLP qualify?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Yea, but I got a feeling that'd cause confusion, like they accuse them of being a changeling.

Thanks for the clarification.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

No problem, it would be interesting to see, I mean i've read humans turned into a mlp character either forced to live their life, being a clone of that character, or it some kind of swap. As a Displaced, not only will they be a clone of another mlp character, but they can meet other Displaced depending on what Tokens they find, which will lead to confusion as most Displaced who get summoned would expect a humanoid or a monster, but to see a normal mlp character, they'd at first think this is an accidental summon.

I'll link one of the stories of that ilk that I've written.

TRebirth of Magic: Zipping It
The life and times of a flightless princess.
The Blue EM2 · 31k words  ·  29  2 · 1.1k views
DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Come to think of it, I don't know if anyones made a Displaced in G5 yet.

I did get a lot of comments telling me that they were glad somebody was doing G5 stories with that involved being teleported to Equestira.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Might be due to G5 is still kind of new and everyones used to G4, I think I recall that there are people who don't like G5.

there are people who don't like G5.

In the words of Rarity, 'that's putting it mildly, darling'.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

lol, just taking a guess at it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18