PoME Library 188 members · 45 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
REBORN BY FATE
Group Admin

Hi there fellow readers! Ever wanted to know what to do and follow when making a chapter? Look no further! In this post, I'll be covering up the basic things that a story needs, some guidelines and some warnings if ever a story doesn't meet a certain criteria.

Story Standards:
1. Minimum Length of a story should be 1000 words. The more the merrier, the lesser the story has, the pacing gets worse.
2. Pacing. You should pay attention of the pacing. A rushed and cliche story isn't a good story.
3. Grammar. One the most important aspect. I suggest getting a proofreader if you have grammar problems, or just use Microsoft Word to correct your grammar. Works for me :D.
4. Again, no more CLICHE STORIES. Which means no "OC introduced, bumps into girl of his dreams, instantly falls inlove, then next chapter they hook up" or "OC meets bully, OC instantly becomes badass, beats up bully easily".
5. No extremely dark themes!
6. You can use other's OC's, but it's not really necessarily that you use all of our OC's. You can make a story with just your OC and have our OC's as backgrounds.
7. Most importantly, HAVE FUN! Have creativity and go create a sick-ass chapter!

OC Standards
1. No Gary Stus or Mary Stus! In other words no OC's who can do extraordinary things (Powers, Supernatural Stuff ETC.). Having those kind of personalities will make a bad story.
2. No more Gray, White and Tan skins. There are alot of colors out there.
3. Be unique on what your OC has. He maybe either shy, awkward or any typical teenager emotions.
4. Lastly, NO CLICHE STUFF. For example, don't make an OC that has that good guy-pretty boy personality. IT'S NOT ENTERTAINING!

Helpful Links:
For more info about how to write a good story, refer to this thread made by Jarvy Jared!

Here's a list of shippings that Celtic_Fire made. If you want to add your OCxCharacter to the list, PM him.

Wanderer312
Group Admin

5148646 Good to know. :ajsmug:
Looks like I'm gonna need a proofreader. :derpytongue2:
Better start looking for one. :pinkiehappy:

MrB

5148646 i need to ask but is my OC Umbra ok because he is already married and has two daughters that are both 20 years old, Umbra and his wife are both 45 years old, but Umbra works at CHS

5148646 Question. Would my OC being able to sense unhappy spirits and emotions count as supernatural stuff?

REBORN BY FATE
Group Admin

5206939 It's alright as long as he doesn't have superpowers.

5207229 But it also says no supernatural stuff. I was curious about that part in particular.

REBORN BY FATE
Group Admin

5207584 By that I mean like the ones you see in Superhero movies.

5207586 Ah. So the other half of his powers that I hardly ever use anyway? The "ability" to take whatever he wants from someone, whether it be memories, sadness, anger, or even joy?

REBORN BY FATE
Group Admin

5207588 ...Uh no, you can't use that. Let's just say we want something that a normal teenager would have.

5207591 So the spirit and emotion thing is ok?

SonicRPika
Group Contributor

5148646 What would you class as "extremely dark? :rainbowderp:

5207591 What if the power things is not just the OC for that story but a combination of other OC's, maybe one wondercolt, shadowbolt,siren? An example would be from the persona series

REBORN BY FATE
Group Admin

5702877 I haven't seen/heard/played Persona so I have no idea what you mean.

5702884 The persona or more correctly Shin Megami Tensei Persona is a spin-off series of the main shin megami tensei games. It allways(i think) revolves on a group of highschool(some younger or not even human) involved in a bigger event. The 3rd and 4th games in the series had a transfer student as the main character. The 4th game had murder mistery and how they awaken the power of Persona. (Basacly like a summon)

Despite this Persona's aren't always usable. In persona 3 when the clasic rpg thigs happend(battles) you could used them but it happend during something called the dark hour, and in 4 they could only be used in the tv world. While persona's have power their users are normal people, the are not super smart, strong, fast(any power the girls got in legend of everfree).

The mainterest atleast in the 3rd and 4th game's are something called Social Link in which the main character can make bonds with other character, this ingame gives the character acces to more powerful persona when the link is maxed. But also show up in the end in an interesting manner.

Persona 4 has an anime series that infact uses the english voice cast from the games. Persona 3 has a set of movies but i don't think they have been lincenced. If you don't want to play the games(as they are ps2 games) watch the anime of persona 4

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16