Fillydelphia Oracle: Literature Reviews 176 members · 139 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
rice
Group Contributor
EEven More Awesome Than Me
Yakyakistan is a cold place, and Scootaloo is starting to find that the chill is cutting deeper than she expected.
Emotion Nexus · 1.4k words  ·  58  2 · 641 views

Hello! Today I will be reviewing Emotion Nexus’ “Even More Awesome Than Me”. I would recommend you read their story beforehand as there will be a bit of spoil material ahead. 

Overview

Scootaloo lives in Yakyakistan and receives a letter from a friend. 

My Thoughts

This is a pretty sweet story which I think reminds us how sometimes one little action can keep us going. It can be talking with a friend or even getting a letter, knowing that someone cares is a pretty sweet thing and can get us through anything.

I think this story strikes a chord with me especially during these hard times we’re going through. We may not be living in Yakyakistan, but not being with the ones you love can take a toll on you. Which is why knowing that your friends are there to root you on is sweet and uplifting amidst these hardships. 

Characterization

There isn’t a whole lot to get from Scootaloo except that living in those cold lands are starting to take a toll on her. She still has a lot of love for her family and admiration for Rainbow Dash even during her stay, which is very Scootaloo. 

Now with Rainbow Dash, although she isn’t physically in the story, her letter just screams Rainbow. Reading her letter was like reading something from a big sister, both proud and caring. 

Also the part where Applebloom and Sweetie Belle wanted to write in Rainbow Dash’s letter is a nice touch. 

Critiques 

My only critique is that I wish I knew why she moved to Yakyakistan. I don’t see her as one to leave the CMC’s and her home so it’s a bit hard to understand why she’s there. Although going with a few clues of the story, I think she’s a carpenter or something of the sort? 

Final Thoughts

Although this story is short, it was very wholesome. I’ve never read a Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash fic but I feel like this was a good start. I’d definitely read it again and recommend it to others. 

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1