Twidance 654 members · 95 stories
Comments ( 770 )
  • Viewing 551 - 600 of 770

I was swinging by the thread to see why the collab hadn't updated in a while and I find this sad news. I'm sorry to hear that AP. Pets is family. I've lost too many of them over the years and it never gets easier. My thoughts go out to you and Jax.

Also claiming Appreciation

Appreciation Number 13 in My Little Dynamite

Six years ago.

Six years ago, she’d gotten the news. The order. She was to do her duty as an Equestrian Princess and alicorn. The job was something no one else could reasonably be expected to accomplish.

Cadance was the perfect tool for an impossible job. She could do things no one else could do and would benefit from the protection of her royalty. But it meant leaving her life behind. Leaving Canterlot. Leaving school and everything she’d grown accustom to. It meant leaving Twily.

She’d cried until she’d passed out, that night Princess Celestia passed sentence on her fate and Twilight had shown up out of the blue. Twily had sat with the crybaby she once was, holding her hoof and then holding her as she wept.

It took a year for the first stages of the grand plan to complete, for the stars to align and signal her departure. She only had a few hours warning, so Cadance spent the time saying her goodbyes. If things worked out, she wouldn’t see her home again for years. She’d miss the soft bed and the warm meals. She’d miss her friends more.

Cadance didn’t want them to worry. She knew Twily and Spike would be safe in Canterlot while she was away. Twilight hadn’t spoken of that night when Cadance had learned about her mission. Cadance appreciated that.

They met, like they usually did after classes, in the royal gardens. They’d both had botany lessons that day and Cadance had made a game of seeing how many flowers she could weave into Twily’s mane before the unicorn started tearing them out. Her current count was twenty seven bellis perennis, woven into a lopsided crown that trailed down the right side of Twily’s neck.

“Cadance...Cady, stop, my head is starting to itch.”

“Hush.” Cadance smiled warmly and slipped in a 28th daisy. “I’m almost to a new record.”

“But my head itches and it looks like a salad!” Twily made that noise in her throat that always made Cadance think of baby goats. She giggled at the private joke and reached for the next flower.

She spun the daisy in front of her in her magic for a moment and the blur of the petals suddenly reminded her of the blur the world around this peaceful island was moving in. Soon she would be thrown out into the blur to sink or swim.

“Twily...can you promise me something?”

“If it’s to let you try and beat your old record, I’m not going to.” Twiliy raised an eyebrow from under the waterfall of her own purple and pink hair. “It’s almost dinner time and I have homework tonight.”

“Twily, will you promise to always be my friend, no matter what?” Cadance wove in the next flower into Twilight’s mane. “Will you always be my Knight, even if I’m not a Princess?”

Twilight looked at her for a moment in silence and then nodded slowly. “You’ll always be a Princess to me, Cady. I promise to always be your Knight and keep you safe.”

She’d smiled at that. She could hear the truth in Twilight’s voice, see it in the set of her withers and the tenseness in her neck. Her heart beat just a little faster.

“You don’t mind if I don’t wear the armor, do you? I think it makes my dock look fat.”

Cadance laughed, genuinely amused. She could just imagine Twilight in the midnight blue and polished chrome of Luna’s Shieldmaidens and the battle skirt did indeed look like it would make her plot look fat. The robes and sleek leathers of Celestia’s Battle Mages seemed far more appropriate for Twily.

“Yeah, I don’t mind.”

When she woke up, Twilight was looking halfway normal. Her color had returned and she looked merely drawn and not like death warmed over. Spike had carefully given Twilight a bath the night previous and with her night sweats finally over with, she didn’t smell like a dead body either.

Cadance stretched and looked out the window at the moon as it peeked in between the tree canopy. Dawn was still a few hours away, it seemed. She rose and gently smoother Twilight’s mane for a moment before she stepped out of the room into the cottage’s main chamber. Spike, in his smaller biped form, lay in a hammock and snored gently. In the center of the room a long legged zebra tended hot coals in a fire pit under a huge iron cauldron.

“Princess Cadance, a word wit’ you, I ask.” The zebra mare turned and spoke quietly, her gaze piercing.

Cadance shook herself and nodded. “Yes? I was just about to head to the little fillies’ room.”

“Won’t take long. I t’ink you friend wake up soon. The dawn, not even up, mebbe.” She turned back to her cauldron and stirred the thick slurry of herbs and minerals. “S’e need you, t’en more t’an ever, ‘ere me? Potion done it work. Now time for you closeness. T’en, after t’at, you and ‘er listen to ol’ Zecora. I ‘ave t’ings to impart. T’h loa speak important t’ings.”

“Asante kwa kila kitu.” Cadance smiled and sighed happily.

“Wewe ni mwanamke a ajabu.”

Cadance chuckled and found her way to the toilet before she returned with her face freshly splashed with water to banish the drowsies. She pushed the door open to the small bedroom and her breath caught as Twilight groaned and shifted under her blankets.

“Twily?” Candace held her breath as the unicorn moaned again and rolled over to face her. She stepped closer and lit her horn to illuminate the room. “Twilight?”

“Hurrgh...Cady?” Twilight’s eyes fluttered open and she looked up at Cadance weakly.

“Oh Twily!” Cadance laughed, blinking sudden tears out of her eyes. “Are you awake this time? Like for real?”

“I...guess?” Twilight coughed and licked her lips. “I was having a dream. You were there.”

“I was?” Cadance smiled, the tears falling from her cheeks as she leaned in and kissed Twilight on the forehead. “You don’t feel feverish anymore. I think we are past the worst of it.”

“Where are we?” Twilight raised her head slightly. “Where is my staff? I need to be ready, if that thing comes back.”

“Rest, Twily. We’re safe. The changeling was defeated and Spike brought us here to see to your wounds. You were poisoned.” Cadance pulled the cover back and once again slipped into the bed with Twilight, her hooves wrapping gently around the frail feeling pony. “I thought I was going to lose you.”

Twilight shook her head and relaxed slowly into Cadance’s embrace. “No...too tough. ‘Sides, I’m your Knight. Can’t leave the Princess undefended.” She sighed tiredly and let her head rest on the pillow again. Twilight licked her lips again and focused on Cadance.

“How long was I out?”

“Three days.” Cadance hugged her tight. “It’ll be the dawn of the fourth day pretty soon. Faust, I’m glad you’re awake! I was getting really worried about you.”

Cadance crushed Twilight in her grip until she heard Twilight groan. She let go and looked into Twilight’s eyes. She could see concern there, concern for their safety, concern for Twilight’s own health, and concern for the pony in her arms. She wanted to reciprocate, to give back all Twilight had given her, given for her. Cadance wanted to show Twilight the love in her heart so she leaned in and brought their muzzles together and captured Twilight’s lips in a kiss.

She’d kissed Twilight before, even slipped her a little tongue. The night before the changeling attack, Twilight had awkwardly returned one of the kisses and given them their first sorta make-out. This kiss...this kiss was different. Cadance put her love into it, her whole heart. He hooves held Twilight firm, their chests rested comfortably together as the kiss stopped both their breaths. The wing that wasn’t pinned under her flared out and over Twilight like another downy sheet and her tail wrapped around the unicorn’s.

Twilight responded with a gasp just before her lips her sealed, the tension released in her body and relaxed completely, her own hooves gently holding Cadance as well as she gave herself over to the kiss. Candance growled slightly as they came up for air and Twilight’s hooves moved to cup and hold her head. Cadance parted her lips and leaned forward for more and Twilight did not disappoint. Zecora had not been wrong about her potions giving Twilight her strength back.

Cadance’s tongue dived and danced, it took territory and gave it, willingly. She wrestled control over to Twily, she fought only so that she was worth conquering. Her legs parted as their bodies shifted closer together and Cadance shuddered as she felt a whisper of coat over than her own slid across her inner thighs close enough she could feel the heat coming off whatever body part drifted near.

Cadance was in heaven until it all stopped.

“Cadance...Princess, no.” Twilight pushed her back gently, her eyes suddenly bright with tears and confusion.

“What?” Cadance blinked and pushed herself up onto one elbow. “What’s wrong, Twily?”

Twilight frowned and looked down, her voice a bare whisper. “This is wrong.”

“Twily...I want this. I want you.” Cadance leaned forward again, her eyes searching for Twilight’s. “What’s wrong?”

“Princess, this isn’t right. I...I want you too, Cady. But not like this. I want it to be genuine, not some hormone and euphoria-fueled grope session just because I didn’t die.” Twilight groaned and scooted back before she rolled over to face the wall. “I want to have a say in it, if that’s alright?”

“Of course that’s alright.” Cadance bit her lip to draw her attention away from her heated mare parts. “I’m sorry for being forward...that was wrong of me. But you don’t have to turn away from me.”

Twilight sighed. “I don’t think I can trust my hooves right now, Cady.”

“I understand.” Cadance shifted her position until she pressed against Twilight’s back and forced her own hooves under her body. “I admit I’m disappointed, but I understand.”

They said nothing and let their hearts return to something like a normal speed as the light outside started to get brighter.

Cadance felt her eyes closing and sleep nipping at her heels as they sat comfortably. She smiled and rested her forehead against Twilight’s back. “Thank you for calling me Cady again. I like that.”

Celestia grinned as she turned back from her balcony and the rising sun. Her new warmug sat on her desk, full of the hottest, blackest coffee. Her old one lost in the averted explosion of the southern safehouse a few nights earlier. Next to the mug, where only her customary breakfast bagel had sat when she went to raise the sun, there now sat a small piece of folded parchment.

Celestia lifted her coffee to her lips and sipped it slowly as she regarded the paper. Her horn glowed as she scanned it for traps and enchantments, her every test returning a negative result. Eventually, she lifted the note with her hoof and opened it.

Inside was a short missive penned in green ink, written in an ancient form of Equish that few scholars would even recognize at this point. It was as clear to her as the memory of the face of the creature that had sent it.

I didn’t send the assassin, this time. The Midnight Lord rises again.
-Chrystalis

Word Count: 1929(yay, consistency?)
New Prompt: Oh my...

I'll claim Germs :rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy:

Prompt: Pizza
“Well we made pizza that we can eat, that’s a success,” Cadance said simply as she and Twilight shared slices of their joint efforts.

“On the other hoof,” Twilight continued, “I need to ward my kitchen better especially against Discord, but for safety reasons next time let’s avoid any and all fruit next time especially the pineapple.”

Two continued to sit in the upper reaches of the crystal tree as massive boars comprised of fruit with razor sharp teeth and tusks prowled the streets of Ponyville. The residents all huddled in the upper reaches of their home and praying to whatever deity they could think of for the fruit beasts to vanish.

Cadance nodded, “Agreed.”

“I suspect it was the presence of Spike that this turned out well at all.” Twilight said, “Although it’s a change of pace, usually he throws me out of the kitchen and I quote, “Twilight leave this kitchen right now and get inside your basement bunker, I am not dealing with your magic messing up food again and I am not cleaning up after another of your food monsters,” that was his only cooking advice to me.”

Cadance looked down, “What’s the plan for the latest food mishap?”

Twilight shrugged, “The usual plan involves Pinkie or Celestia. We’ll ask one of them soon probably Celestia. Although I think we are getting far too used to this, especially since neither of us has done much since this mayhem started other than watch and eat pizza. Usually I would charge in with magic but it never seems to work but I did convince the residents to stay indoors this time.”

“I would help but my magic is ineffective against animated food as we found out with the popcorn golems.” Cadance added.

“We’ll have Spike flame a letter to Celestia soon,” down below a fruit boar charged quickly at the crystal tree making it shake, “or maybe sooner is better.” Twilight hastily added.

New Prompt: Elements

3659976 :raritydespair: I'm so sorry to hear about your cute little puppy, dude. This prompt was hilariously adorable, though. :rainbowkiss: I get dibs on Funeral.

Claimed Prompt: Funeral

Cadence was a very emotional pony. Anyone who knew well enough was aware of this, but to see her actually break down; with tears in her beautiful lavender eyes, and to hear choked sobs slip past her lips, it was painful. Right now, Twilight Sparkle felt bad to say that she was heartbroken...

She couldn't look at the gravestone, she just couldn't. Especially not with Cadence crying on her shoulder.

In honor, everypony in the nation wore yellow. Black was inappropriate for the death of somepony who was so bighearted and kind. The nation was grieving, but no one felt the pain more than Cadence, and that was clear as day. Twilight wanted to say something, anything, comforting, but words couldn't form. Even her thoughts were blank. No one would have expected a legend to pass; yet when the belief died, so did the pony that was apparently no Goddess...

"She was practically my mother," Cadence muttered, as she buried her face into Twilight's mane.

"I... I know," Twilight whispered.

Together, they briefly glared at the memorial. Glorious, a spitting image of Celestia. Luna had left the nation, isolating herself on the moon, and Discord had literally disappeared into thin air, seeing how he was too depressed by his wife's sudden death to attend. The only ones who could drag themselves to the ceremony were Twilight and Cadence. They couldn't help but feel overwhelmed as the entire nation wept over the loss of such a beloved figure; the mare who kept their nation safe for so many years. The sad thing is, none of them knew her as her family did.

Celestia's very small, but very tight-knit family.

"There might be an afterlife," Twilight said softly, as a form of encouragement. "You never know."

Cadence wiped away her never-ending tears. "I suppose you're right," she mumbled.

...the sun didn't shine as brightly as it used to anymore.

I'M SORRY GUYS I DIDN'T WANT TO KILL HER OFF BUT I DIDN'T WANT CADY OR TWILY TO DIE
New Prompt: The Talk

What kind of slipshod operation is this? Your prompt list wasn't even sorted alphabetically! So, available prompts.

Beer
Blackmail
Buffalo
Elements
Germs claimed by Cupcake_Swirl
Oh my...
The Talk

And claiming Beer

I'll claim, The Talk

Prompt: The Talk

Part of my "Lavender and Love" series

The Talk

By: Magicman7997

It was far too late in the evening for little fillies to be up. Even if they were studying. Even if they were the daughter of the greatest late night researcher ever. Even if she wasn't a little filly anymore (after all, she was 6th year student at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, that TOTALLY made her an adult). Nevertheless, here sat Twilight Sunshine, surrounded by mountains of books from every corner of the library. A great yawn escaped her muzzle as she gently closed another tome with her magic. She'd been at this for a few hours now. How in the wide world of Equestria could her mother's library not contain a single book that explained the feeling she got every time she saw HIM...

There it was again. That warm feeling between her nethers. It made her squirm on the cushion she was seated upon. It wasn't a bad feeling per say, just very different. Sunshine couldn't understand it. He was just an Earth pony. A handsome Earth pony. A rugged, handsome, muscular...

“UGH!” she exclaimed to no one in particular. “This is ridiculous! All this knowledge at my hooves and none of it HELPS!” It was in the midst of her fit that the sound of hoofsteps began to fill the lower library. Twitching her ears to the sound, the younger Twilight gathered her wits and realized that if she was caught out of her bed after lights out, she was a dead mare. Snuffing the candles she'd been using, Sunny quickly dove for a nearby couch and began the most obvious fake snores in the history of pony kind.

“It's too late Sunny dear. If the smell of freshly snuffed candles didn't give you away, then me seeing you from the staircase, did.” Strolling quietly down the remainder of the stairs, Princess Cadance entered the library proper accompanied by the soft pink light from her horn. Her daughter's snoring became a little louder in the hopes that it might convince her mother that she really was genuine. That all came crashing down when Cadance reached the couch that Sunny had flopped onto. With the speed of Celestia's elite guard, Cady quickly buried her muzzle into Sunny's barrel and blew the biggest raspberry she could.

“HEHEHEHEHEHE! Stop it mom! Cut it out!” Sunny rolled over to her hooves and stretched out. “Wow, huh, guess I fell asleep down here? Well, I'll just be off to my room now! Thanks for coming to get me mom.” Sunny attempted to pass by and was instantly stopped by her mother's extended hoof. With a nervous gulp, she looked into her mother's eyes, “I'm busted aren't I?”

“To quote Mac, 'Eeyup'.”

Sighing in defeat, the young pink unicorn sat on her haunches and hung her head. Looking like a prisoner waiting for the gallows, Sunny waited for her mother to pass judgment. “Mom, I can explain...”

“Please do.”

“I...I needed to find a book. A book on why...” Sunshine blushed hard as the thought of talking to her mother about this subject hit her. “Why I feel the way I do about er.. I mean why do I start thinking these kind of things I want to do with...”

Giving her daughter a knowing look, Cadance flicked her wing open to offer it in an embrace. Sunshine didn't hesitate to accept the offer of comfort. Pressing herself against her mother, Sunshine sighed, “Mom, Momma, what's wrong with me?”

Grinning to herself, Cady replied the only way she knew how, “What's his name?”

Shocked would be an understatement. Sunshine was absolutely floored. She couldn't believe that she was so easy to read. Course, when you're mother's special talent is love, maybe she shouldn't have been. Nuzzling into her mother a little closer, she dreamily sighed. “Crispin.”

Now it was Cadance's turn to be surprised. “Really? Fluttershy and Big Mac's son?” Her daughter nodded to the affirmative. “Wow, he's quite the handsome boy. Glad to see you got my eye for special someponies,” giggled the crystal princess. The blush against Sunny's cheeks reddened even farther. “So, have you told him?”

“Yes, we've been spending time together when I go to Sweet Apple Acres every weekend. I told him I thought he was cute and he, he...”

“Umhmm”

“He told me I was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen.” If it were possible, Twilight Sunshine was quite sure her face could ignite a forest fire. “Ever since then, I haven't looked at him the same. He's looked, better. Like he's the perfect image of a stallion. And, sometimes, when I think about him, I get this funny feeling in my stomach and my (ahem) filly bits get warm. Momma, I don't understand. I was hoping to find a book to explain these feelings to me, but I can't find anything. Can you tell me what wrong with me?”

Hugging her daughter tighter, Cadance spoke gently, “Nothing is wrong with you my dear Sunshine. You are growing up. You are about to become a young mare.” Cadance looked into her daughter's eyes and steeled her resolve. This was the moment she and her wife Twilight Sparkle had both looked forward to and feared in equal measure. Soon, Sunny would have her first heat cycle. Which, also meant, that soon, their little filly wouldn't be their little filly anymore. “You know all about estrus and how it works, right Sunny?” Her daughter nodded that she did. “Well, then you know, as part of the cycle your body produces a slew of chemicals that make you feel, a little bothered. All that is happening is your body is telling you that you are in season. And with that, your mind is taking your feelings for Crispin and just making them a little warmer.” Cadance did her best to give a gentle smile of reassurance to her daughter. If she was brutally honest with herself, the thought of her daughter being sexually active, with anypony, was a bit disheartening. Not because she was afraid (because, she was terrified), but because it was just one more nail in her daughter's fillyhood coffin.

“Do you...Do you ever feel this way Momma? With Mommy?”

As younglings, it had been decided that Twilight the elder was Mommy and Cadance would always be Momma Though in later years, both Sunny and her brother Shining Shield had taken to calling both parents just Mom. Hearing her daughter slip back into her fillyhood speech, even if just for a moment, tugged hard on Cady's heartstrings. With a warm smile, she looked into her child's eyes, “Yes, more than I can ever explain.”

“What does it mean?”

“It means, that in some small way, you connect with the pony you see that way. That you feel so safe and loved with this pony, that you're willing to share everything, including yourself with them.”

“And that's okay?”

“Well, there will be those that say you should really be married before you do anything like that. Course, those are usually the same that say ponies like your Mommy and I shouldn't be together. But the way I see it, so long as you understand that there are responsibilities involved with it, and that you two truly feel this way about each other, then there is no greater way to show your love for one another.”

Sunshine felt her body relax at her mother's words. She hugged her tightly, “Thank you Momma. I love you so very much.”

“I love you too my only Sunshine. But now, we really should both be in bed. So, scoot your happy tail up those stairs young mare. We'll talk more about this tomorrow.” Both mares raised to their hooves and Sunshine began to ascend. As she walked up, Cady said, “And Sunny, if you ever need to talk, ask questions, or feel like you don't understand something that's happening to you or between you and Crispin, please come to me. Or Mommy. We love you so very much and we'd do anything to help you.”

“I will Momma G'night!” Sunshine entered her bedroom and softly closed the door behind her. With a sigh and a smile, Cadance entered her own bedchambers. Easing herself back into bed with her wife, Cady nuzzled into her lavender alicorn lover.

“Hmm, Cady, where'd you go?” a groggy Twilight asked. “You've been out of bed for almost an hour.”

“Downstairs, with Sunny. Seems she inherited your knack for late night study sessions.”

“What in Equestria could Sunny have been studying this late? Finals are in the next couple of days at the school and she's acing all of her classes.”

“Oh, it wasn't cramming for finals. She was studying something else.”

“What was she studying?”

“Stallions.”

Word Count - 1464
Next Prompt - Holding on

I'll claim Holding On.

Cadance quietly colored as the filly across the table struggled to pick up a crayon. Cadance couldn't help but sigh; she looked up to see sparks shoot from the filly's horn. The crayon in front of her wouldn't budge.
"Need any help?" Cadance asked, dropping her pencil to peer over the table at the filly. The Alicorn's drawing was almost complete, she only needed to finish the shading. The filly hadn't even started.
"Hold on," Twilight grunted. More sparks shot out, and Cadance ducked as one flew above her head.
"Relax, Twilight," Cadance told her. "It's okay. I'll help you."
Twilight considered letting Cadance help her, but the stubborn Unicorn shook her head and went back to trying to pick up the crayon.
Cadance slowly built up a bit of magic around the crayon, and it lazily floated up. Now more confident, the filly's magic joined her sitter's. Cadance gradually let go of the crayon, until Twilight was the one holding it.
"I did it!" Twilight cried. She grinned and set to work, a neat yellow circle drawn on her paper. Cadance marveled at how exact the filly's circle was and smiled to herself. She finished shading her own picture.
"Umm... Cadance?" Twilight said sheepishly. "I need to change colors."
The Alicorn laughed, and pulled another crayon out of the box. She handed it over to Twilight, and after a brief moment Cadance would have sworn the crayon would fall, Twilight got back to drawing.
When Twilight's parents and Shining Armor got back home, two picture were sitting on the table. One was Cadance's, of her and Twilight, and the other was Twilight's smiley face.
"You can hold onto mine," Cadance told Twilight. "I don't want it."
And hold onto it Twilight did. She had it for many more years.
But for now, as Cadance left, she watched Shining Armor help Twilight pick up her crayon.
Cadance never forgot that day. It had been great to spend some time just her and Twily.
After all, she loved Twilight just as much as she did Shining Armor.

(Image not by me, I don't have permission to use it.)

Word Count: 346

Prompt: Changeling

3671776 Welcome to the Twidance collab! Great first prompt

Claiming Changeling

3668687 I'm going to claim blackmail

Changelings #14 in My Little Dynamite.

It was in the pre-dawn half light that Cadance and Twilight emerged from the small room where the battle mage had been recovering. The latter held and supported by the Princess as she limped weakly into the main room. Spike looked up and his face lit up into a toothy draconic smile before he leaped up from his spot next to the fire pit. He crossed the short distance in a blink of the eye and scooped up both ponies into a bear hug.

“Oh thank the Sisters! Twi, I thought you were never going to wake up!” Spike squeezed them until Cadance and Twilight groaned. Spike set them down gently and stepped back, his frills drooping bashfully. “Uh...sorry. I’m just happy to see you up and about, sis.”

Twilight smiled wanly and put a hoof on Spike’s shoulder. “I’m happy to see you too, but can you let me get to the potty? Cady says I’ve been out for almost four days now.”

“Oh. Oh! Sure, Twilight...need any help?” Spike brightened and flexed an arm. “Zecora has been keeping me busy with getting supplies and I feel like I could lift a house. I’d like to see that bug monster try again! I’ll smash ‘em like the insect it is!”

Twilight smirked but her face turned serious as she noticed the rapidly healing scratches and gouges in Spike’s scales. The zebra that had been silently mixing the cauldron’s contents over the fire pit cleared her throat. “Go, Twilig’t, clean yourself. We’ve important t’ings to talk ‘bout. You princess and dragon tell me ‘bout ‘ow you get poisoned. Now I tell you w’at did it and mebbe why too.”

Twilight nodded and started toward the bathroom as fast as her weak legs would take her. She paused at the door and looked back at Zecora. “Thank you, Zecora, for everything. I’ll repay you somehow.”

The old zebra mare smiled. “Aye, you will.”

By the time Twilight returned, Zecora had finished with her cooking and had set out bowls for each of them. It looked like some sort of thick brown gravy spread over small pieces of bread but smelled faintly sweet. She said it was a traditional breakfast in her homeland and directed her three guests to sit and eat as they listened.

Long ago, before the first stones of Canterlot had been mined from the mountain granite and the Royal Sisters ruled from their silvery and golden thrones high above Equestria, there was the Everfree.

Today, even the name - Everfree - is a curse, a cautionary tale told to foals, so great was it’s fall. All that remains are myths, old tales of old goddesses and demons, and the forest. The forest is not a legacy left for future generations to know where Everfree stood, nor is it a place of the past jealously guarded from the touch of progress by ghosts. It is a blight. A scar on the surface and spirit of the world, infected and scabbed over.

No one lives there. No one goes there. To do so was to invite madness and death and worse still. Or so say the bards when someone is paying bits or the beer flows.

What the bards don’t know is the truth of the Everfree. Cut away the overgrowth and the ruins were everywhere. The enchantments and magical enhancements placed into the land and the stones still carry a charge and a purpose from before pegasi controlled the weather or earth ponies master the land. The Everfree is not wild. It moves with purpose and without its masters it rejects the paltry attempts of others to direct the flow of nature within its demesnes.

Once it was a great nation, home to ponies, diamond dogs and dragons alike. They worshipped the Sun and Moon and were ruled by the Priesthood, who were in turn, ruled by the High Priestesses of Sun and Moon and their personal army of fanatical eunuchs. The priestesses were queens in all but name and all bowed before them lest they face the wrath of the Sun and Moon.

Everfree was powerful because the priestesses were powerful and wielded the combined might of all ponies with strength, flight and magic. Everfree lasted centuries because the priestesses did not age. Everfree fell because the priestesses fancied themselves goddesses above all others and they fell to earth.

The first to fall was the Moon and Her eunuchs followed her into the wilderness of the far frozen north. For a time, the Sun reigned over the Everfree unchallenged until the mortals began to demand more and more of Her and the high priestess was drawn into the running of a mortal kingdom. The trumpet call that signaled the end was blown by the priestess when She bowed to demand and agreed to find a replacement for the Moon’s priestess.

They came then, the hopefuls, the talented and fated. The ones that were promised the Moon. They trained, they fought each other in contests designed by the Sun to fail all applicants. She sat atop Her throne and guarded Her power jealously, dangling it like an unattainable carrot. She promised them a place at Her side and trampled them under Her hoof.

After a time, the Sun priestess realized what She had become and in a moment of humility, removed Her crown and became as a pony. The last Goddess fell and with her, so to fell the Everfree.

In the ruins left behind, a shadow stirred in the abandoned temples to the Sun’s glory. Before the vines claimed the buildings and the weeds claimed the streets, the shadow became as pony. Then as a dog, then a dragon and back again. The shadow became what it wanted to be and it wanted the light that had fled this sacred place. It wanted what was promised to it so many years ago by a Goddess that now walked as a mortal.

If Celestia could change, so could she, this shadow, once known as Crystal, now Chrysalis the Changeling. She would have her godhead no matter the cost.

The potion maker’s home sat in silence when Zecora finished reciting her tale. Spike sat with the spoon in his claw, topped off with a cold spoonful of gravy, frozen halfway to his open mouth. Cadance and Twilight sat side by side, their own meals finished and forgotten at their hooves.

Twilight recovered first and spoke quietly. “I’ve read every book in the archives about the Everfree. I’ve never heard of anyone named Chrysalis the Changeling. I’ve never read anything that says the Royal Sisters were there, let alone as political and religious leaders. But…” Twilight looked into the old zebra’s icy blue eyes. “I’ve heard rumors that parts of history have been forgotten and changed.”

“Everyt’ing is true, Twilig’t. We in Everfree now. Go look in the sunlig’t, you see.”

“I believe you, Zecora.” Twilight sighed. “I don’t want to. Why would the Royal Sister’s hide all this?”

“Because it reminds them of the failures they’ve spent a thousand years repenting for.” Cadance put a wing around Twilight. “Don’t think less of them, Twilight. Auntie Celestia and Auntie Luna do everything with a reason and that reason is always good in the long run. Sometimes it’s just had to see that.”

Twilight nodded slowly and leaned into Cadance’s embrace. “I’ve always had faith in them. But...why were we attacked by this ‘Chrysalis?’ Why would she do that?”

“Changelings have hounded me for the last two years now. I don’t know if it was Chrysalis herself though. Auntie Celestia always seemed to imply that there was only one changeling, but I’m not so sure.” Cadance ducked her head and sighed before she looked up and gave Twilight a quick peck on the cheek. “Chrysalis is supposed to be as powerful as an alicorn. That’s why you were assigned to guard me. You’re the only one who’s ever defeated one in combat before.”

“Everything is to your liking, Princess?”

Celestia looked up as she pressed her seal into the cooling wax that was holding the parchment closed she had been writing in. Her chambers looked spotless, the bed in particular looked deliciously clean with smooth, fresh linens, and every surface sparkled. She nodded and smiled at her mare-in-waiting. “It does indeed, thank you Sunchaser.”

The pegasus saluted and bowed with a perky smile. “You are most welcome, Princess! Is there anything else I can do for you?”

“Yes, actually. Could you take this letter by the post on your way out?” Celestia held up the sealed missive in her magic. ‘I would take it myself, but I fear I have to grab a quick shower before court.”

“Certainly, Your Highness.” Sunchaser grabbed the letter in her mouth and tucked it into a pocket on her maid’s outfit. “Anything else?”

“No, that’s all. Thank you again, Sunchaser.”

“I live to serve you, Princess.”

Celestia smiled again and nodded as Sunchaser let herself out. She rose to her hooves and stretched for a moment before reaching for her war-mug. She frowned when she found it empty of coffee but a quick thought activated its enchantment and the mug refilled itself with near boiling hot Neightucket Blend. Celestia took a sip and walked out on her balcony to nudge the Sun further along it’s daily trajectory.

“Faust Above, I hope this works.”

Sunchaser returned a flirty smile with one of the guards at the end of the skybridge that lead to Celestia’s chambers before turning the corner and heading for the stairwell that would take her to the kitchens below. She paused to kick open the door at the landing meant for staff and she glanced around to make sure no one was observing her. She took the letter Celestia had entrusted her with and stepped into the stairwell.

“Mmmm...I can smell her perfume on this one.” Sunchaser grinned as her eyes flashed from blue to green. “I approve of the new paper, Tia.”

The mare chuckled as she broke the seal and read over the message as she walked. Her wings fused with her body as her maid outfit pulled itself into her body only to re-emerge as a chef’s smock. Her main shortened and became a spiky mess of green locks while her coat became a softer shade of grass with a glass of milk on her hip while a horn burst from her forehead.

Creamy Goodness paused at the bottom of the stairs where she could hear the sounds of a busy kitchen coming through the doors. She re-read the letter to ensure it was memorized before she destroyed it with a quick bit of fire magic. “Time to go looking for that little wayward princess. I do hope the kitchens will be able to get along without me for a while. Tia hates it when they burn her favorites.”

Word Count:1830
New Prompt: Secret (or if we've had that before) Confidential

“It does indeed, thank you Sunchaser.”

Changeling. Calling it right now.

*continues reading*

Yep.

Don't mind me...just getting the principle players into position for the climax to Book 1...nothing going on here...

Claimed Prompt: Confidential
Takes place in between Darts and Strongbox. Theme music for this one here.

Cadence breathed heavily, and her smile was lopsided in loving ecstasy. The exhilaration of all this, it was indescribable. Finally, she was loved, she was cherished, somepony cared about her again. However, she could tell that the feeling was not one hundred percent mutual.

“You have to tell him,” was the simple statement that made Cadence’s heartstrings shake.

The voice was oh-so-sweet and calming, but the words made Cadence worry.

She stammered, brushing blonde highlights out of her face. “He cheated on me first,” she mumbled.

“But keeping secrets? Being with somepony else before the divorce papers are even signed? You don’t think that-”

“-Twilight, why can’t you just accept the fact I’m in love with you now?”

An awkward silence formed. The two mares stared at one another, only before Twilight broke the silence.

She placed a soft kiss on her lover’s cheek. “I’m glad you’re healing yourself,” she murmured. “We know it can’t be this way forever. At least, not at this point.” Twilight swallowed hard. “I know that what my brother did to you was wrong and that it hurt you. I’m still having trouble forgiving him, but this doesn’t feel right. Not now. I’m pretty sure that I’m falling in love with you too, but not until you make the right decision and come to terms with what’s right.”

Cadence frowned. “So what are you saying?” she muttered.

Twilight sighed. “I can’t help but feel like I’m a replacement,” she admitted. “An outlet for your anger, a plea for a second chance. And I want to help… but not like this.”

Everything fell apart, just by looking at Cadence’s expression. Her heart fell into her hooves, she felt tears brim her eyes and a strangled cry slipped past her lips. Twilight was unfortunately right; she had promised to do anything to help, but this wasn’t necessarily what she meant.

“I’ll stay for tonight,” Twilight whispered. “But no more of this, alright?”

A single tear fell, and Cadence managed a nod.

Who was she kidding? A secret relationship rarely got their happy ending in the books and movies, why would it work in real life?

I gotta get back to writing happy stuff for these two...
New Prompt: Fangirls

This took far too long, but I have no one to blame but myself for not writing my other stories earlier. Have Beer (both the prompt and just in general. Beer is good for you).

“OK, so this first one we’re going to try is going to be a lighter example. It’s a wheat beer, but they brew this with watermelon, so it’s fairly light and kind of fruity,” Twilight said, pointing her hoof to a tiny little glass filled with a frothy, light brown liquid. Next to it sat a dozen other glasses, filled with various shades of brown, frothy liquids. Some were clear, others cloudy. Some pale, others nearly black.

“Are you sure about this Twilight? I’ve always been partial to wine,” Cadance said, eyeing the tiny glass with distrust.

“That’s why we’re trying lots of different styles. We’ll keep trying until you find something you like, or we find that you just don’t like beer.” Twilight smiled. “And it’s time you expanded your horizons like you’ve always told me to do.”

Twilight and Cadance each took a little glass in their magic and sipped. Twilight savored hers and gave a little smile when she set her glass down. Cadance merely pushed up her bottom lip, looking contemplative.

“Thoughts?” Twilight asked.

“It’s like you said. Light and kind of fruity.” Cadance then nodded and set her glass down.

Twilight pointed to the next glass in the line. “OK, this one’s a honey brown lager. A bit darker in color, but still quite sweet. Lots of malt flavor here. Ready?” she asked as she raised her glass for a sip.

Cadance nodded once more and took her own sip. “Mmm, I like this one.”

“I’m not surprised. It’s pretty easy to drink. So let’s move up to something a little different.”

Cadance swayed as she walked forward, and the only thing keeping her from falling to the side was Twilight. The smaller lavender mare did a wonderful job of keeping her from crashing into everything or toppling over.

“Twiiiii-liiiight,” she sang.

“Yes, Cadance?”

“I’m drunk.” Cadance giggled and leaned further against Twilight.

“That’s why we’re walking you back to your room, silly. Now come on, maybe we can spare you from any more embarrassment,” Twilight replied.

“I’m not embarrassed, Twily. Besides, the rest of the bar agreed.” Cadance giggled again and bit her lip.

Twilight’s face glowed red, and not just from the alcohol. “That doesn’t make hearing that I’m ‘the hottest piece of flank this side of the Crystal Empire’ any easier!”

Twilight trudged on and practically dragged Cadance with her. She continued her giggle fit through the many halls and corridors of the castle until they finally reached her room.

“Well, here we are!” said Cadance as she smiled brightly. “Do you want to come in? Maybe for a cup of coffee?” She tried to wink but just wound up closing both of her eyes.

“Uh, I—”

“Please?” Cadance pleaded with a puppy dog pout.

“Fine, if only to keep you safe.” Twilight sighed and opened the door for them both, ushering in Cadance first.

Cadance bounced over to her couch and collapsed in an undignified heap while Twilight rolled her eyes and trotted to the kitchen to make them some coffee. After several minutes, two steaming mugs flew out of the kitchen in a magenta glow.

“Sit up, Cadance, I have your coffee ready,” Twilight said as she strode into the room.

Cadance obeyed and sat up, swaying in place slightly. Nonetheless, she grabbed her mug from Twilight’s magic with her own and set it on the table at the end of the couch. “Come here, Twily,” she whispered.

Twilight tilted her head and raised an eyebrow, but she set her mug aside as well and scooted over to Cadance, whereupon Cadance slid her forelegs around Twilight’s neck and pulled her in for a kiss. Twilight’s eyes shot wide for a moment as Cadance’s lips pressed into hers, and she let out a little squeak. Cadance still tasted of the three glasses of barleywine she finished the night with.

Twilight finally took hold of her senses and pressed her forelegs into Cadance’s chest, pushing them apart. “Cadance!” she nearly shouted, scandalized.

“Twily...” Cadance pouted once more.

“Cadance, you’re drunk, I don’t want you making a mistake you’ll regret later.”

Cadance turned around and quickly grabbed her mug of coffee and downed half of it in one gulp. She took a few deep breaths before turning back to Twilight. “Twi, you know I love you. I just... I’ve had difficulty expressing just how that love has changed recently. So, yes, I’m drunk and I’m a little more forward than normal.” She sat up straighter, put a hoof to Twilight’s chest, and set her face into a determined expression with her lips pursed and eyebrows pressed down and in. “But that doesn’t make that kiss any less intended.”

Twilight took a deep breath herself and nodded along. “And I love you too, Cady. But... let’s get some sleep. We’ll talk about this in the morning, alright? We’ll both sober up and—I don’t know, Cadance. I need time to think.”

“That’s all I can ask for, I suppose.” Cadance leaned forward and pecked Twilight’s cheek. “Good night, Twilight Sparkle.”

“Good night, Cadance.”

Cadance grabbed her mug of coffee and trotted off to her room, noticeably less wobbly, turned and waved to Twilight, and then shut her door.

Twilight looked down at her hooves. She mumbled to herself, “Dammit, Twilight, why do you always have to insist on doing the right thing? You wanted that, too.” She sighed once more and slid off of the couch to walk down the hall to Cadance’s linen closet and plucked a blanket and pillow from within. “But it was still the right thing. Right?”

Twilight set the pillow on the couch and wrapped the blanket around her shoulders. She grabbed her mug and held it in her hooves. The warmth of it did little to dispel the coldness of her surroundings. She sat in quiet contemplation and sipped her coffee until it was gone.

Once finished, she still sat quietly. Everything in the castle seemed to stand as still as she. Twilight eventually turned in, lying on her side and pulling the blanket over herself as she curled up for a fitful night’s sleep.

Cadance peeked out of her bedroom door. She had been watching for some time, at first just listening to Twilight’s mumbles. Once Twilight had gone to sleep, she tiphoofed over and kissed her forehead while caressing her mane. “I’m so sorry, Twilight. Hopefully we can make things right tomorrow.”

However, beer does appear to be good for Twilight and Cadance. Poor fillies.
Constructive criticism would be much appreciated, since this is my first stab at Twidance.
Edit: Wow, tense issues. Hooray for the perspective that morning brings.
Edit 2: noticed some other issues with wrong words.

Next prompt shall be Morning After

3676237 Yay, fluff person is here! :yay:

Well, other fluff person.

I like this. Twilight being responsible despite her own wishes, then cursing herself for it. This back and forth between showing affection and trying not to be too forward is how I think Twidance should be. Hopefully, you have decided to continue your work here. Then I will just fuse you and Fuzzy into one super-Twidance-entity!

3676237 To the surprise of nobody, you are just as awesome at Twidance as you are at Twilestia. Welcome to the team, we have fresh coffee and donuts in the lobby(but we don't have a lobby)

Mmm, I might stick around. I'll be pickier about the prompts I take on. Beer was fun, but I had a good idea of how I wanted it to start. Also, extra triple ultra bonus points if you can guess the two beers I mentioned. Or even the brewers. And no cheating.

And the first phase of my plan to absolutely dominate the Twilight X Princess shipping scene is complete! Onto Twiluna, and then, THE WORLD!

Dominating the Twilight x Princess shipping scene, eh? That is it, Fluff Person and Fuzzedy need to fight it out in a fluff-off. The loser will be lowered into a really fluffy bed filled with kittens. Or the winner will. It all depends on personal preference.

As for the beers... uh, they might be... possibly...like...SMOKEBOMB!

Claiming "Morning After".

You two are already following me, so I'm sure you'll see this in your feed, but
3676237 is now published as A Girl's Night Out.

Also claiming "Blackmail".

Prompt: Blackmail
Flying high above the Crystal Spire was the Crystal Empire’s flag a proud symbol of the Empire; usually it flew at its summit today however it flew at half-mast. Today was a day of mourning for the Empire but none more so than for its Empress. Cadance sat on her balcony, her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying since she received the news yesterday. The past night had been rough, all night long sleep eluded her and she felt the empty presence next to her even more keenly than she had these past few weeks. Exhausted but unable to claim even a bit of sleep, she had walked out onto her balcony and watched in the dim predawn light as flags throughout the Empire were raised to the summit before being lowered to half-mast.

Clutched in her magic was the accursed letter that had set the Empire into mourning. A few weeks ago her wife, Twilight Sparkle the Archmage of Equestria and the Crystal Empire was asked to help an expedition to what was presumed to be the ruins of a long-lost civilization. The Unicorn was asked for her expertise as the archaeologists at the site were encountering some difficult and powerful magical barriers guarding the inner sanctum of some of the abandoned buildings. It was theorized that the buildings there were attempting to make headways into was either an old temple or an old palace which would have warranted such powerful defences.

The area where the ruins were located was remote and near potentially hostile territory but there was also heavy amounts of magical inference in the region which made communication somewhat difficult. Despite her best pleading Twilight insisted on going, Cadance knew that Twilight would not back down from the opportunity but at the same time she feared for her wife’s safety. With the nature of this expedition in mind a contingent of Solar and. Crystal Guards was arranged by Shining Armour and Cadance to accompany her and to provide additional aid to the established camp. As well the circumstances of the expedition meant it was expected that contact with the base camp may be difficult and it was given the "Dangerous, High Possibility of Complications" rating by the Guards.

A week ago she received her first piece of news that something had gone wrong, a flame-letter was presented to her in Court by a Guard. The letter tied by a black ribbon with a broad white stripe down the middle was a Notice. A Notice of Missing in Action, the MIA Report as her Guards called it. This Notice meant two things; one, communication with the expedition had been lost for a week and two, Guards were being sent in to investigate.

Yesterday the news got worse; she had been presented a new letter by the Guards. By now two weeks had gone by without any communication with the expedition and when she saw what the Guards was presenting she knew what had happened. This letter was tied with a black ribbon and upon seeing it she did not even have to open it to know what it said; growing up in Canterlot Castle and being tutored by Princess Celestia meant she was familiar with the concept. The accompanying report was also grim, no evidence could be found of the camp. Seemingly it had disappeared without a trace, at least that's what she understood from the report of the Guards that had been sent to investigate and hence the presence of the black ribbon letter. Two weeks was the maximum length for a "Dangerous" mission to have no established communication, or “Blackout” as her Guards called it, before the group was declared dead and this letter was that physical confirmation. The black ribbon on the letter indicated this was a Notification of Death sent to their next of kin. She knew that the rest of Twilight’s immediate family had also received the news; they had also received the Black Letter.

That was yesterday, today was sent aside as a day of mourning. The entire Crystal Empire was draped in black, the flags flown at half-mast, the citizens crying for their Empress’ loss. Cadance could barely move since hearing the news yesterday but she knew that she had to. Their family and friends had travelled to the Empire early this morning for the memorial service that was to be held later today in the memory of Twilight Sparkle. Cadance took once last look before returning inside, she watched as the sun finished it’s Rising and knew it was the start of a new day yet Twilight would not be there with her.

New Prompt: Trifecta

3676095 I just realized I never commented when I meant to, but this was really good. It does feel a bit odd coming before Strongbox, considering in Strongbox it seems like they haven't gotten together yet

I'll take Elements.

Reclaiming "The Morning After".

3678628 They separated for a while. I think I'll make a series to keep everyone on track, or whatever. I've been meaning to publish Twidance anyway...

*adds it to never-ending To Do List*

Prompt: Morning After
Twilight slowly awoke to a dim room; faint light could be seen through some curtains that were not fully closed. She winced and began to slowly rub her forehead, the rubbing did little to aid in dulling the lingering sharp pain in her head. As she was doing that, she could feel movement from beside her; slowly she could see Cadance waking up.

“Morning Cadance,” Twilight said sleepily before wincing again.

“Morning Twilight,” Cadance said before wrapping her forelegs around Twilight who was still trying to alleviate the pain in her head.

“How did I even manage to get this hungover….” Twilight began before trailing off.

“What do you remember from last night?” Cadance asked.

“Not much, besides too much alcohol, a large party. Oh and lots of chaos from Discord.” Twilight answered.

“Oh? You sure you don’t remember anything else?” Cadance said in a teasing tone.

Twilight continued to rub her head with her forehoof, ‘Things are slowly coming back…. You…. A question….” Twilight’s eyes widen and she yelled, “The ring!”

Twilight winced again; the loudness of her voice had just aggravated her headache.

Cadance’s horn lit and she cast a quick spell on Twilight whose expression went from pained to relax.

“That’s here, Twilight.” Cadance said pointing to a table near the bed. “I think you had too much to drink last night.”

Twilight shook her head and said clearly, “No, I remember more of last night now. I had an enjoyable evening with you before you proposed, we went to my home where Pinkie and her Pinkie Sense learned of our engagement and threw a giant party.”

Cadance chuckled, “I remember seeing the party and it was quite a party, I think your friend may have invited the whole town.”

Twilight shook her head, “You have no idea. I’m fairly sure Discord or Pinkie may have messed with the drinks since earlier felt far worse than any hangover I’ve experienced. I think testing the drinks would reveal them to be more potent than what is usually found in those drinks.”

“I would disagree and say you just drank too much.” Cadance said. “Now our options are either to get out of this room and find some breakfast which would likely involve waking Spike since I do not trust either of us with cooking….”

“That’s one option not two,” Twilight countered.

Cadance smiled, “Option two, we just stay here together relaxing and enjoying the new day.”

Twilight returned with a smile of her, “Option two sounds much better.”

New Prompt: Feather

Claiming Trifecta

Claiming Feather

Current Prompts:

Feather
Trifecta
Buffalo
Elements
Germs
Oh my...
Fangirls

I should not be this bothered, but it really does bug me that the prompt list isn't alphabetized. It's like you don't even know Twilight. Organization, people!

And Trifecta is coming soon. Drunk pony princesses lead to hungover pony princesses. That, and I seem to really want to make Twilight suffer. Poor girl.

And as promised, Trifecta, Soon(TM)

Twilight woke up to the sounds of sizzling and metal-on-metal scraping. She tried to sit up, but her head started to spin and she groaned loudly, gripping her temple with a hoof as she laid back down.

“Cadance?” she croaked. Her mouth felt like she had been gargling sawdust.

“Good morning sleepy head. You look rough,” Cadance replied.

“Ha ha. You sound way too chipper. You drank more than me,” Twilight croaked again.

“And I’ve been drinking for far longer, hun. Come on, breakfast is almost ready.” Cadance tugged at Twilight’s forelegs and Twilight reluctantly sat up. She groaned when she was finally upright. At least there’s no nausea, Twilight thought.

Twilight strained to open her eyes against what felt like the sun’s entire light for a day compressed to a few seconds. The bright light and the stabbing pain it brought slowly gave way to unfocused shapes and colors.

She blinked several times to clear her vision, and the room began to come into focus. She glanced left and right; she was still on the couch she slept on last night and was therefore still in Cadance’s apartment in the castle. That explains the sounds of cooking food, she mused, Cadance never did like to leave until she made her own breakfast.

Twilight looked directly ahead and a saw a bright pink smile. Cadance tugged on her forelegs once more and dragged her off of the couch to walk her into the dining room and sit her at the table. Twilight still held her head in her hooves and groaned, keeping her eyes closed for the time being.

Cadance brushed a hoof through her hair and kissed her forehead. “We’ll get some breakfast in you and you’ll start to feel so much better. Just you wait,” she whispered softly.

Twilight nodded slowly, and took her leave to finish off her cooking. More scraping from the kitchen and a few minutes later, Twilight heard a plate slide across the table and liquid being poured into the glass next to her. She opened her eyes and glanced over the spread.

“Toast with peanut butter and raspberry preserves, fried eggs over easy, and orange juice. My own personal hangover cure trifecta. I haven’t found anything else that works quite this well,” Cadance said after she sat down across from Twilight and dug into her breakfast.

“It looks delicious,” Twilight said. She started with the eggs, splitting them with her fork. She watched as the yellow yolks spilled onto the plate before she mopped them up with the rest of the egg and took a bite. “Mmmm.” She swallowed. “Cadance, this is really good. Thank you.”

“No problem, Twi. Thanks for taking care of me last night.”

Twilight smiled, and upon remembering the exact events that led to her sleeping on the couch, looked down and pursed her lips. “We... we still need to talk about that. But after breakfast.”

Silence, save for the clattering of cutlery, took hold. Twilight finished off the eggs and took hold of the toast in her magic, munching on it slowly. When she was halfway done, Twilight noticed that it was now completely silent across the table; Cadance had finished her breakfast and sipped on a cup of tea.

Cadance evidently saw Twilight looking at her, and simply said, “Take your time. There’s no rush. We’ll talk when you’re ready.”

Twilight nodded and returned to her toast. Several minutes later, both the toast and orange juice were gone. She poured herself a cup of tea for herself and Cadance refilled her cup. They meandered into the living room and sat down on the couch where Twilight slept and they kissed the night before.

Cadance took another sip of tea and set her cup on the table at the end of the couch. She turned back to Twilight and leaned against the couch, showing off her long, slender torso unadorned with any regalia. Or clothing, the naughtier part of Twilight’s mind said.

“I want to thank you again for last night, Twily,” Cadance started.

“It’s no problem,” mumbled Twilight, “I’d do it for any of my friends.”

“Friends.” Cadance hung on the word. She paused for a few moments, staring at Twilight with a slight smile. “I still meant what I said last night. I did mean that kiss, drunk or not. And you know I’ve always loved you. It’s just... changed a little. You’re hardly the same little filly I used to babysit. You’re a hero.”

Twilight blushed and waved her hoof dismissively.

“You are! Sure, times have changed and there is a new group of Element wielders.” Cadance looked down and swallowed hard. “And Shining passed away a few years ago. Held on for a good long while, that colt.” Her smile returned and she looked up at Twilight, pressing a hoof under her former sister-in-law’s chin. “But that doesn’t diminish the fact that you’ve saved the lives of the citizens of the various kingdoms so many times over.”

“I... I know you’re sure, Cady, but I’m not. And I love you too; you’ve been my best friend for... ever!” Twilight said as she leaned against the couch as well. She sniffled. “I miss them. All of them. And I know I have you and Celestia and Luna and Spike. And everypony at the school and my own duties as the Princess of Friendship. But goddess above, I miss my friends and parents and Shiny.” A few tears formed in the corners of her eyes.

Cadance reached out her hoof and tenderly wiped them away. She then pulled Twilight into a soft hug, stroking her back and rocking her. “There, there, Twi. Let it out.”

“I want to talk to them about this! Help me figure out what it is I’m feeling. I... I did enjoy that kiss. And I kinda wanted it, too. But I knew—I felt like I would’ve been taking advantage of you if I let it continue.” Twilight wiped away a few of her own tears and then wrapped her forelegs around Cadance’s neck, pulling her in close. Sobs wracked her body and the tears flowed freely.

Cadance held her tighter and stroked her back while she whispered, “Ssh, Twilight. I’m here. I’m here.” She squeezed Twilight once and nuzzled her neck as she held her close until the sobs faded and Twilight just leaned against her, relaxed. When Twilight finally pushed herself back up, Cadance offered the sweetest smile she could as she stroked Twilight’s mane, pushing it over the mare’s ear. Cadance let her hoof rest on Twilight’s shoulder. “Feel better?”

Twilight nodded slowly.

“You know that I’m here for you, always. And I’m still the Princess of Love. If you’re at all confused about your feelings toward me, who better to help you, right?” Cadance giggled.

Twilight sighed. “It sounds cliched, but one of the big reasons why I’m nervous about this is because you are one of my best friends. I don’t want to lose that. I don’t want to get hurt.”

“Then we take things slowly. We wait until you’re sure. A few real dates, like a trip to the bookstore where we write little notes on slips of paper and leave them in our favorite books. And I want you to know, you silly filly, love can hurt, but it’s worth the risk.” Cadance snaked her hooves around the back of Twilight’s neck and leaned closer. “Plus, do you really think I’d let you get hurt? You’re my favorite, Twily. So you have my permission to set Celly and Lulu on me if I ever do hurt you, OK?”

Twilight chuckled and blushed, glancing between Cadance’s magenta eyes and her soft lips. “I think I could give this,” she paused, “us, a try.”

Cadance smiled and closed the distance between their muzzles, pressing her lips ever so softly against Twilight’s and holding the kiss for just a few moments. “I’m glad,” she whispered. “So what are you doing tonight, then?”

Dunno why, but Twidance makes me write more. Or the ideas I have need more time to be expressed. Who knows?

Next prompt: Fade

Properly Organized Prompt List:

Buffalo
Elements(Claimed by Fuzzy)
Fade
Fangirls
Feather
Germs
Oh my...

Elements Number 15 in My Little Dynamite

Celestia sipped from her tankard-sized warmug as she took her seat on the throne of Canterlot. The throne room was empty at the moment save for herself and a smattering of her Battle Mage guards and some castle staff that were busy cleaning the great frosted glass windows. She settled herself comfortably into the giant chair and let her thoughts calmly flow around the niggling issues that she was dealing with.

On one hoof, there was the issue of her niece, Cadance, being missing along with her top Battle Mage, Twilight. Spike had sent her a cryptic note days ago about going to a trusted place. She felt that they were still together though and she held on to that hope. Twilight would keep Cadance safe no matter what.

Celestia exhaled slowly through her nose. Twilight, I wish you well and pray for your victory. I shall endeavor to apologize to you properly once this is all done. You are the only one I can trust for this. After you beat Luna...I knew you were the one. Celestia huffed and took another long sip of her Neightucket Blend.

Cadance’s safety went shoe-on-hoof with the second issue: Chrysalis. The changeling was becoming more erratic again. She had been doing so well too. I just hope she gets my note and is too distracted to get into real trouble. But the appearance of new changelings...this bothers me. And what did Chryssy mean by ‘the Midnight Lord’ sent the assassin? The name seems vaguely familiar. Maybe I should ask Luna?

Celestia turned and nodded her head to signal her majordomo. The light grey colored mare stepped forward and straightened her glasses. “Yes, your Highness?”

“Raven, is there anything important on this morning’s agenda?”

Raven lifted her clipboard and scanned the itinerary briefly. “No ma’am. Nothing more important than deciding on today’s lunch.”

“Excellent.” Celestia stood and stretched. “Tell Creamy Goodness I want a full platter of protein-rich sushi and miso on the side. Her choice on ingredients. Otherwise, I am going to check on my sister, call me if I am needed.”

“Yes, your Highness.”

Celestia nodded and trotted off toward the tower where her sister’s chambers were. It was early yet, but she knew Luna would be up for her physical rehabilitation session. If the doctors were to be believed, she’d soon be back to the point of walking around without needing the aid of her wheel harness. Luna was proud of her achievement of just being able to stand and walk slowly. But regaining her full range of motion and stamina for simple movement without pain was still months of training away.

When she reached the doors to her sister’s room, Celestia nodded to the two Shieldmaidens posted there. She opened the door and stepped into the dimly lit antechamber before proceeding on to the main room where Luna took her sessions. The room held exercise equipment, weights and balance bars where she had seen Luna ease her way along, wings spread for purchase as she wobbled forward on weak legs.

Twilight really did a number on her. I’m still surprised Luna doesn’t hold something of a grudge about - wait a tick. Where is Luna? Celestia blinked. The space was empty.

“Luna?” Celestia’s ears perked up as she count a muffled sound. Was it a voice? She turned and regarded the side door that lead to Luna’s bedroom. Had her sister decided to sleep in? She drew a deep breath and pushed the door open, a mantra of ‘please be alone’ repeating in her mind. She was met on the otherside by a yellow colored pegasus that was hastily placing her nurse’s cap on her head.

Celestia blinked and smiled awkwardly. “Um...hello again, Miss Fluttershy.” She looked over Fluttershy’s tousled mane and mussed coat. “Is my sister in?”

“Oh, uh, hello, your Highness.” Fluttershy adjusted her cap slightly and blushed deeply, going silent for a long moment before answering. “Um...yes, she’s resting. In bed. Alone.”

Celestia chuckled and rubbed the back of her hoof against her shin, her eyes shifting around uncomfortably. “Yes, of course she is.”

They both stood there, their cheeks flushed and neither one able to look at the other until Luna cleared her throat loudly. Fluttershy jumped at the sound and slipped around Celestia in a gallop. The door to Luna’s chamber closed with a bang a second later, leaving the sister’s alone.

“What is it, Celestia?”

“Sorry. I came to speak with you, Luna.”

“Then make it quick.” The darker colored princess struggled into a sitting position on the bed and glared at Celestia from behind sweaty bangs. “I was technically in the middle of a physical therapy session and I’d like to continue it before she tries to fly away.”

“I’m sorry for interrupting.” Celestia shifted nervously. “I wanted to ask you if you recall hearing of anyone called the Midnight Lord?”

Luna stared at her blankly. “No. Was that all, Celes...wait - Midnight Lord? That rings a very old bell, I think.” Luna rubbed her chin. “I’ll need to think about it though. Can it wait?”

“For now.”

“Then go fetch my physical therapist, Tia, and return her here. I wish to continue my session with her.” Luna crossed her hooves over her chest. “I will speak to you again at breakfast.”

Celestia nodded sheepishly and backed up. “Sorry. Again.”

Luna huffed. “At least I’ve never walked in on you and your shapeshifter.”

Twilight stretched her legs and rolled her shoulders. She grimaced at the snaps and pops she heard. After breakfast she was feeling much improved but her long downtime had played hell with her muscles. She needed to walk and work up a sweat.

“Hey, Spike, you said Zecora has been sending you out for supplies?”

“Yeah.” Spike looked up from where he was sitting, listening to Cadance and Zecora speak with each other in the zebra’s native Swahay-li. “Like specific herbs and things for Ms. Zecora’s potions that she was giving you.”

“Have you gone out for any today?” Twilight looked over her shoulder and out the window at the rising dawn.

“Nope.”

“Then let’s go get some.”

“But I don’t think Zecora-”

Twilight cut him off with a hard look. “Let’s go get some, Spike. I could use the exercise.”

“Um…” Spike looked back at Cadance and Zecora for a moment and then stood. “Yeah, exercise would be good for us both.”

Spike lumbered over to the cottage’s door and pushed it open for Twilight. The canopy of the forest kept the small clearing in the front shady in the early morning and there was a slight chill to the air. The underbrush swayed in a light breeze that felt heavenly as Twilight stepped outside.

“Watch for the choking vines there. And that over there is some sort of giant fly eating plant. Eats more than flies, so watch out from the bones underfoot.” Spike pointed as they walked. “I don’t know what that is, but best to not touch it. Almost lost my arm last trip out.”

Twilight stopped a short distance from the clearing and the cottage. She turned and faced Spike who already had his arms crossed and was regarding her with an expectant expression.

“So…” Twilight started and sighed, her gaze falling to faint trail that they had been following. “I need to ask you something and I want your oath, Spike, that you will never speak of this to anyone else, ever.”

“You know you have that, Twi. What’s eating at you, sis?”

“Well...it’s just...last night, when I woke up, Cadance got in the bed with me.”

Spiked snorted. “She’s been doing that since we got here. So what?”

Twilight blushed and looked back in the direction of Zecora’s cottage. “Well...she sorta...offered herself. To me. And I’m not sure how I’m supposed to respond to that. I mean, I like Cadance. I really like Cadance, but I don’t have any experience with mares! Or...anyone, actually.”

“Wait. Wait wait wait! Cadance…Princess Cadance...like, one of the top five prettiest mares in the world… has offered herself to you? Are you serious?” Spike gaped at Twilight’s nod. “And you turned her down‽ Did the poison make you crazy or something?”

Twilight startled. “What? No! I just...I just wanted it to be something we both decided on, ok?”

“Twi. Sis. You have been given explicit permission to touch the booty of an Equestrian Princess. The goddess has smiled upon you, so stop looking all scared and depressed!”

“I don’t think she said anything about touching her butt…” Twilight blushed harder and looked at her hoof. “I mean, I wouldn’t mind touching her…”

Twilight faded off, her eyes locked on her hoof as her blush intensified to the point she should have been giving off steam and whistling like a teapot. I could touch Cady’s plot. Like, whenever I wanted.

Spike snapped his claws in front of her eyes to get her attention. “Twilight, focus. This is awesome news!” He grinned and put an arm across her shoulders. “Now, we aren’t just siblings. We’re bros! We can talk about all the hot mares together!”

Twilight raised an eyebrow and looked at Spike skeptically. “As a mare myself, I’m not sure how I feel about that.”

Spike smirked. “Don’t be weird, Twi. Just bask in my full support of you and Cadance being special someponies.”

Twilight continued to look at him in silence until her face softened slightly and leaned into him. “Thanks, bro.”

“Now...my advice on how you should proceed…”

Celestia looked up from the newspaper in front of her when the door to the private dining room opened and Luna, once again in her wheeled harness, entered with Shining Armor in full parade dress. She blinked at the polished cobalt-colored plates and chromed rivets that framed black lace around the neck and at the vambraces. The battle skirt flared much wider than the usual battle dress version and had more black lace and white satin ribbons that floated gracefully behind the stallion as he marched with military precision.

Shining helped Luna into her position opposite of Celestia and then turned smartly on his hooves so that he could begin fixing a plate of breads and cheeses for her.

Celestia raised an eyebrow and took a sip of coffee while her horn flashed and established a psychic link with her sister. What’s that all about?

I was feeling grumpy after having my physical therapy session cut early this morning. This makes me feel better.

Isn’t that a bit foalish, Lulu? Celestia put down her warmug and levitated her own plate of breakfast over to herself.

Hush. I don’t tell you how to conduct your battle mage underlings, now do I?

Celestia shrugged and rolled her eyes before picking up the Canterlot Times from the table and folding it back. “The ‘light show’ down in the Southern Ward has finally fallen off the front page.”

“Oh? It hasn’t even been a week. The citizens move quickly these days, don’t they?” Luna nodded to Shining as he set her plate in front of her and then look a step back to assume a rigid ‘at-attention’ posture. She smirked when she was certain only Celestia would see it and continued silently. At least the press is unaware of Cadance going missing.

There is that at least. Celestia turned the page of the paper. Speaking of that, about this ‘Midnight Lord;’ you said it rung a bell?

Luna nodded. Celestia could feel the sharing between them cloud as Luna kept her thoughts to herself for a moment.

It was from a long time ago. During myself banishment. I met a unicorn that was called the Midnight Lord by his slaves. I don’t recall if I told you about it, but he was the reason that I returned when I did. He killed all of my guards. Luna paused, gathering her thoughts as her body went through the mechanical motions of eating. My army, back then, numbered in the thousands and one pony killed them all. I sealed him away, before he could get to me. That’s why when I returned, I was weakened so much.

Celestia put the paper down and looked at Luna, her eyes searching. Her sister appeared calm and collected, at peace - at least on the surface. She could see the small tells, the angle of her ears, the near invisible frown at the corners of her mouth when she wasn’t chewing. Luna had always been the more reserved one of them, when it came to showing strong emotions, but Celestia could tell she was reliving a memory that hurt her deeply.

No, you never told that. How could a single unicorn do that? And what do you mean by ‘seal him?’ I have heard from my contacts that the changelings sent to kill our niece were sent by him.

Luna reached out with her hoof and pulled a glass of water closer. She took a long sip and sighed gratefully. He never ran out of magic. He had enslaved his entire empire. They were mostly earth ponies, I think, but he did something to them, made them look like living crystals. He used them as arcane batteries, Tia. He killed all my forces by draining the life and magic out of them the same way a mage recharges with a mana gem. When I ran out of eunuchs, he came for me. I had to stop him. So I crafted a shield that would seal him and all his vile magic away. Like what I used on that explosion at the safe house, though larger and permanent.

Luna looked back at Celestia and smiled in a way that she hadn’t since the Everfree fell. I sealed Sombra and his whole crystal empire outside time and space. I spent the last of my godhead on erasing that evil from the world. I paid for my past transgressions that day when I cast my Gibbous Shield. There is no way he sent any assassins. Your pet bug is lying to you.

Celestia shot her sister a look over the rim of her warmug. Perhaps, but that is a highly specific name, you must agree. Why try and pin this on the ghost of a pony long gone?

Celestia cleared her throat and picked up her toast. She isn’t my pet, Luna.

She’s a lot more than merely your enemy. I did some digging and now that I know what to look for, finding her prints in our history is not so difficult. I noticed that on more than one occasion she went by false names that match up with ponies you’ve been known to have a...close relationship with. Luna’s eyes sparkled playfully. Several times. If it were just once, that might be a coincidence…

Celestia blushed and looked away, shutting down her end the sharing as memories flashed in her mind. She was fairly positive which of her few dalliances over the years Luna suspected were actually the changeling in disguise. She knew of two for certain, both one night stands separated by more than a century. She regretted neither one. They were part of the reason she knew in her heart that Chrysalis was redeemable.

That might be, but back to the point, why indicate Sombra? Is he still as sealed away as you claim?

“It’s about time you two got back.” Cadance leaned against the door frame of the sage’s hut and smiled lightly. “Zecora wants us to accompany her on a little trip into the Everfree ruins. She needs to gather some plants and she thinks we might find some more info on Chrysalis and the changelings.”

Twilight smiled and nodded. “Ok, I think we can do that. I feel pretty much back to normal now.”

“You look good.”

Twilight chuckled nervously. “Um...thanks. Really.”

Cadance grinned and stepped out into the little bit of sunlight that made it past the canopy at this early hour. “You’re welcome.” She looked at Spike and tilted her head. “Ready to fly big guy?”

Spike laughed and thumped his chest. “Am I! I haven’t felt the wind in my face in days now.”

The door to the hut closed with a solid sounding bang and the old zebra, Zecora joined them in the small clearing. She was wearing a harness that had dozens of loops and pouches on it with small bottles filling most of the loops and rope was looped loosely through her belt. “I am ready. We ‘ave far to go, but you dragon make it quick. It will be dangerous, but you make it safe.”

“Alright. If this gets us closer to some answers, all the better.” Twilight’s horn flashed and her cloak and staff appeared on her. “Ok, Spike, let’s get some air."

So...there was once a Word Limit. Once. I killed it long ago. Now, I return to shotgun and teabag its corpse.

Word Count: 2880 (New record, maybe?)
New Prompt: Limitless

I'mma claiming Fangirls

Comment posted by Peachy Moon deleted Oct 30th, 2014

Okay, after spending a week tearing through an 8-book series(His Majesty's Dragon, if you're looking for a good read. Seriously, it is awesome) and another week for vacation, I'm back in force. We've been pretty inactive for a while, so let's shovel some coal into the boilers and get this ship moving again!

Our current prompt list, with a few extras thrown in for incentive(and alphabetized in accordance with JKinsley's wishes) is:

Almost
Buffalo
Fade
Fangirls(Fuzzy)
Feather(Claiming Myself)
Germs
Goodbye
Haunted
Limitless
Oh my...

Word Count: 2880 (New record, maybe?)

I think that's a new record across all the Princess ship collabs(including Chrysalight.)

• Viewing 551 - 600 of 770