• Published 16th Oct 2023
  • 325 Views, 11 Comments

The Angel of Chaos - iconicgg



Twilight get a vision just before the gala. She goes to the gardens to think about it when she meets someone who had a vison of there own.

  • ...
5
 11
 325

Antlers and Fear

Twilight meets Discord's smirk with a glare. The two gazed at each other before Discord broke it by looking around the dream room. The room seemed to be a library or some sort with seemingly natural shelves. Discord realized the room was made from a hollow tree. He chuckled to himself as he looked back to Twilight.

“Well, my dear, you certainly have an interesting dream.”

“What do you want, Discord!?”

“Oh, what can't I just visit my little pony.”

“I'm not yours.” Twilight stated, annoyed.

Discord rolled his eyes but regained his smirk. “Right, you're Celes' special girl.”

Twilight's eyes widened. “How did you know I was Celestia’s student.”

Discord burst out laughing, Twilight blushed in embarrassment. “Well, you just told me”

“What but you said”

“Doesn't Princess Sunflaps call you all her little ponies?”

Twilight’s blush intensified. “Don't call the princess that.”

“Oh, sorry, I believe it's impolite to joke about the mother swan with a generous behind.”

“Great, I'm being held hostage by a pervert.”

“Oh, please, you all walk around with nothing to cover yourself, there's children around you know!”

Twilight then realized herself and covered her body with her tail the best she could. Discord snorted after seeing this. Twilight looked at him, her face burning red. “What are you doing here?”

Discord rolled his eyes. “All work makes dissy a dull boy, you know.”

Twilight glared at him. “What do you want?!”

“Okay‌, I have a proposal for you. One I think you would find quite interesting.”-Discord snapped his fingers and a book made of pure platinum materialized. “This is all the magic you can ever access right in this book. Come with me and by the end of our little adventure, It’s all yours.”

Twilight's eyes widened but then she shook her head. “How do I know that's real?”

Discord didn’t say anything; he just flipped open to a random spell and gave it to her. Twilight read it and lit her horn to simulate it. Twilight noticed the spell's properties and it was quite different from unicorn magic. Discord looked at her confused. “Aren't you going to cast it?”

“When I'm awake. Make sure you're not just tricking me.”

Discord was about to mention it wouldn't matter but then realized it would be better if she didn't know that. Twilight closed her eyes and did a breathing exercise. Discord rolled his eyes and snapped his fingers. Twilight opened her eyes seeing trees around her. She stood up and felt her magic get pulled from her horn. She looked in the direction and saw Discord holding an increasingly large ball of magenta magic.

Twilight let out a pulse of magic, only for that to be absorbed as well. Twilight began to hyperventilate as her magic was pulled. She looked around trying to find something to stop him. When she couldn’t, she let out a sigh and charged him. Discord had to choke back a laugh as he saw her getting closer. His smug expression gave way to befuddled one when Twilight tackled him to the ground.

“Stop stealing my magic!!!”

Discord looked at her shocked, how did she just. Discord shook his head and looked at her with a not-too-convincing smile. “Well, if I stole it then surely you're powerless now.”

Twilight lit up her horn, and then she stopped. She backed away from Discord and checked her mana level. It was recharging as if she just cast a potent spell. Twilight turned back to Discord and looked at the ball of magic in his hand. She lit her horn and scanned the magic. She couldn't recognize the spell but she certainly knew it was powerful.

Twilight let out a sigh and remembered the spell from her dream. She cast it on the surrounding ground. Tree roots jetted themselves out of the ground and wrapped around Discord. The magic still floated beside him. Discord tried but was shocked when he found out he couldn't. He looked over to Twilight, who also looked baleful.

“It worked, that spell worked.” Twilight muttered to herself

“Yes, it worked now. Can you let me go, my dear?” Discord asked, trying not to sound freaked out.

She looked over to him and weighed her options. After a moment, she released him; the roots residing back into the ground. Discord stood up and punched a tree next to him, sending shattered wood everywhere. Twilight squeaked and threw up a shield, wood bouncing off of it. She looked at him, expecting him to threaten her, but was shocked when he looked at his lion's paw, confused.

“Strange how I can do that, but not take those branches.”

Twilight dropped her shield and trotted over to Discord's side, and cleared her throat. “Okay, so you said I will get that spell book if I go with you. What our we doing anyways?”

Discord looked at her, then over the horizon. The sun was coming up, and Discord rolled his eyes. “Yes, my dear, we're going to meet a set of old friends of mine.”

“And why do you need me?”

“I don't know, really. The old man put you in front of me and I always like figuring this kinda stuff out.”

Twilight rose her brow. “Old man? No one sends me to your statue.”

Discord let out an annoyed sigh. “Trust me, my dear, he doesn't need to order you, to get you to do what he wants.”

“Who is he?”

“My father, but let's ignore him. I'm sure he's used to it, anyway.” Twilight looked at him slightly shocked and slightly angry. “Now there's no more to it, but I guess you have your requests.”

“I want to send a letter to Spike.”

“Who might he be?” Discord smirked. “Is there something you're not telling me?”

“He's my son and I want him to know what I'm agreeing to.”

“So you do want to come with me.”

“I don't have much of a choice but If you want me to cooperate you'll let me send him a letter.”

“Sure, why not? But if anyone else sees it, it will burst into flames.”

“What!? But what if he's around some pony when it appears.”

“I can just make it appear when he's alone. I thought you would know how to do that at least.”

Twilight glared at him. “Fine, now let's find some paper.”

Discord snapped his claw and a paper, and pin appeared in front of her. He smiled and reached out a hand. Twilight looked at it, but then reached out and met it. The two shook for a few seconds before both hands and hoof were covered in golden flames. Twilight eyes widened but calmed when the fire didn't hurt her.

Finally, the two separated, and Twilight spoke up. “What was that about?”

“Just to make sure we hold our end of the deal.” Twilight wanted to ask more questions but Discord cut her off before she could.

“Come on my dear we have plenty of work to do and I don't doubt you want to get this adventure started.” Discord walked into the treeline north of the pillars. Twilight trotted after him doing her best to write the letter as clearly as she could.


Spike wrote down another location where dragons built a pillar-like structure. He looked at the other two pages filled with sites and he growled. Spike stood up and went to the shelf with books about dragons. He grabbed one about the fall of the Dragon Empire when Princess Luna trotted into the room followed by Applejack.

Spike saw Luna and scowled. “What do you want, princess?”

“To see what thou know about the dragon in the dream.”

“All I know is he knows a lot about me and probably about the rest of us.”

“Are you sure you don't know much about this dragon?” Luna asked testily.

“If he said he doesn't know, then he doesn't know, princess.” Applejack butted in

“We are not so certain.”

“Well, I don't know no offense princess, but can I get back to looking for Mom now.”

“She is your caretaker, not your mother.”

Spike glared at her and then went back to the shelf. Applejack shook her head and moved to Spike's side. “So, what are we looking for?”

“Books about anything with old draconian” Spike pulled out a book about ancient Equestria “Hopefully we might be able to narrow down her location with this stuff.”

“Thou know she will be fine. The vision demonstrates it.”

“How do we know what gets us to this vision? He might become a friend if we don't go but what if we're supposed to? What If the only time he becomes our friend is if we stop him first.”

“Spike might have a point, princess.”- Applejack pulled a book from a shelf. -“if we're supposed to befriend him. That would be kinda hard if we can't ever speak to him.”

“That is a fair point, but I am still skeptical that we must do something.” Luna stated

“Didn't Princess Celestia and you say Discord is very dangerous?”

“Indeed, he is, but as we mentioned, we could not defeat him without deception and the elements of harmony. To which we have neither.”

“Come on, princess, I'm sure there's a way to stop him.”

“We have utilized every resource available to us. You will not be able to stop them.”

Spike glared at her and was about to snap back at her when Applejack gave him a stack of books. Applejack cleared her throat and turned to her “Princess, he's telling the truth about the dragon feller, but Spike's got a lot of work to do and I think I should help him.”

“Are thou sure it's not too much for thou of a low birth?”

Applejack raised her brow. “I help Mac study for his master's in mathematics and architecture. This shouldn't be so hard.”

Luna's eyes widened, and she gained an uncomfortable expression. “Forgive me, I wasn't aware that education was so accessible nowadays.”

Applejack let out a sigh. “You ain't the first to assume it and you ain't going to be the last.”

Luna nodded her head “It is befitting thou station.”

A long silence held in as those words were processed. applejack snorted. “Mighty kind of you.” she said sarcastically.

Spike glared at Luna, and it had just occurred to the mare on how that statement could have been taken. Luna sighed and turned around, heading for the door. “I will be taking my leave, Mis Applejack. I didn’t mean to offend.”

Without another word the night princess left the archives leaving behind a dragon and pony to stare at where the alicorn fled. Spike shook his head and growled suddenly before heading back to work. Applejack joined him, peering at him as she did so. After a while, the duo wrote down two more pages of locations.

Spike growled as another paper was added “This is getting us nowhere!”

Applejack jumped back as Spike shouted just before She could ease Spike’s worry, Shining Armor trotted into the room sword drawn. He approached them and glared at Spike. “The princess wants you and the dragon back in Ponyville.”

Applejack met the stallion's glare. “What’s your problem with Spike, anyway.”

“Be careful ms, you keep him around and he’ll burn your damn house down with everypony in it.” Shining kept his glare on Spike as he said this

“Spike is a sweetheart, he would never do something like that!” Applejack shouted at him.

Shining Armor rolled his eyes. “If He hurts anypony, you let the local guards know.”

“I got a feeling it ain't him I have to worry about.” -He kept his glare at Spike, acting as if Applejack didn’t say anything at all. He trotted out of the room, leaving two tickets on a desk. Spike let out a sigh grabbed the papers and hugged Applejack.- “You didn’t have to do that AJ.”

“I felt different. Twi your ma, I know what it's like to lose that. I can't believe everypony is treating you like a feral dog instead of the young colt you are.”

Spike's eyes filled with tears but he quickly wiped them. Applejack grabbed the books they were studying and trotted towards the door. Spike grabbed the tickets and left. He looked down at Applejack, her fur was orange like a bright flame. A flame, a fire, and screams filled Spike's head while a crying lavender filly and a vengeful white teen glared hate towards the young Drake. Spike fought back a sob as a stray thought entered his head. ‘I deserve it.’


Twilight finished writing her letter right when Discord gestured for her to stop. She looked at her surroundings. The trees were covered in snow and they seemed to be pines instead of the oak from the clearing. She added the extra detail to her letter. She then noticed that she wasn't as cold as she should have been.

She looked down at herself and noticed she had a thick windbreaker on with a yellow scarf that almost looked gold in the reflection of the sunlight. he chuckled to himself, grabbing Twilight’s attention. She saw Discord with a bright orange scarf and purple earmuffs. He smirked at her before snapping his fingers, causing snow to appear above her, falling and burning her in the snow.

Discord chuckled once more as she let out a squeak, leaving the letter unguarded. He grabbed the letter and read it. Discord couldn't help but chuckle before bursting out into full-blown laughter. Twilight dug herself out of the snow with a scowl on her face. “What was that for!?”

Discord kept laughing, looking at the letter with the utmost amusement. Twilight blushed and rushed to the letter. “Give me that!”

Discord moved the letter away from her hoof before she could grab it. “no can do my dear. This is way too funny.”

“Funny?”

“Yes, why are you telling your colt about the terrain, what is he going to do? to find us!” Discord fell back to his enormous fit of laughter.

Twilight blushed in anger and shouted. “of course, he will.”

Discord's laughter gained intensity as he understood she was serious. “and then what will he do? You send that letter. You then have to come with me wherever I take you.”

Twilight eyes widened as she realized what the deal was but then she remembered something. “He might be able to help us actually.”

“Really and how is that?”

If he finds us, he might be able to bring us things we need?”

Discord's amusement calmed, he gained a thoughtful look and snapped his talon. Twilight felt a set of full saddlebags appear on her. “This might be interesting I guess. Let's sweeten the pot, why don't we.”

Discord snapped his lion's paw and three action figures appeared in front of Twilight. A derconquess and a mare appeared to the left of her and a figure of a little colt appeared to the right of her. “if your little colt finds us before we can get this adventure on the road. Then I'll give you the book and you don't have to come with me but if he doesn't and he won't then you'll need to be my servant for the rest of your days.” Discord smirked.

“What?! No way!”

“Oh, come on my dear, I can treat you well. Be a good servant and I'll even teach some chaotic magic.”

Twilight glared at him. Did he think she was stupid “Why would I even take that deal? There is nothing you can offer me to make me agree to that.”

“Everyone has a price, my dear. The question is what's yours.”

“If you really believe that then you clearly don't know anything.”

Discord gained an annoyed expression. “I severely doubt that. Look, I will be a fair master. You can keep your son and get whatever you want within reason of course.”

“Enslavement is still enslaving. No matter how “well” you treat me. Come on everyone looking for a master, you would just be trading Celestia for me.”

“Celestia is not my master! She's my mentor and trusted friend.”

“Sure she is. I've seen her type before. She makes you think it's your choice but really she pushing to it.” -Discord growled.- “I hate those types.”

Twilight backed away from him fear shooting up her spine. Twilight cleared her throat and did her best to get her trembling under control. “Look, h-how about if Spike finds us before, you come with me and learn about friendship. I will keep you out of stone and vouch for you. If he doesn't then, I'll help you with whatever you need if you ask but within reason, and I'm allowed to ask questions.”

Discord looked at her with a raised brow. “Now. If you win, I have to be your friend. If I win, you're just my servant with extra steps.”

“Not your servant, but a friend. everypony needs a friend.”

“Is this really what you'll agree to?”

“Yes, I don't know what that vision means but I know we have to deal with it together.”

Discord remembered what he saw in his vision. This mare's head, severed lying at his feet. He felt strange looking at that and unbeknownst to him Twilight saw his uneasy expression. Twilight smiled hopeful that Discord might not be as bad as she suspected. Finally, Discord looked at her and sighed. “Fine, I gain the cards either way.”

Twilight raised a brow wondering what he meant but then a golden aura envelope around them then subsided. “Okay, then.”

Discord snapped his fingers, and the letter rewrote itself, making Twilight panicked. She rushed over to read it. “What did you do?”

“Since you're so confident, why don't we make it A bit more fun for him.”

Twilight looked it over and noticed what he had done. The information was hinted at in a poem. Twilight sighed. “Okay, but what do we need before going on this adventure of yours.”

“You mean ours, and if you must know, then we need a set of antlers, a dragon scale, and a blue rose.”

Twilight raised her brow. “That's a rather random list, don't you think.”

“If you knew more about magic, you would know what I was doing.”

“Why don't you enlighten me then.”

“Figure it out, my dear. If you can't, then I guess Tia prefers her blades dull.”

Twilight groaned at the insult and shook her head. “I'll figure it out. Also if we're going to be friends, we shouldn't insult one another.”

“Sure thing my dear.” Discord said, dismissively before moving into the foliage. Twilight followed him ready for another long walk.


Discord floated through the trees, lost in thought. Why did he agree to her terms? He doesn't gain much with them, but then again he doesn't lose much either. Maybe that's why but still he needs a new angle to approach her with. She'll mostly likely lose the bet so she won't be able to refuse basic orders when framed correctly but still her no doubt constant questioning might cause some trouble.

He looked behind seeing Twilight following in a similar state to him then he got it. Emotions cloud judgment and her vision certainly allows him to explore. Discord smirked, he could work with this. He floated over to her and lay her on his back. She let out a squeak as they flew through the woods. “allow me, My dear.”

Twilight stared at him confused. “um thanks.”

The two flew and hid in the bushes. The bush was next to a clearing with an animal. Twilight parted the leaves in front of her and saw the most majestic elk she had ever seen. It was an Eikthyrnir, it seemed to have golden fur with greenish overtones. Twilight wished she Had a camera to capture a once-in-a-lifetime fine. She looked over to Discord, who had a malicious grin.

Twilight felt uneasy as Discord eyed the animal. “Discord, what are you doing?”

“Well, we found the first item.” Discord stated handing her the rewritten letter. “Send it why don’t you, we don’t unfair now do we.”

Twilight grabbed the letter but still felt uneasy about Discord. She looked down at the letter and felt a quick gust of wind. She then heard a cry of pain coming from the direction of the Eikthyrnir. She looked over and saw a grizzly sight. Discord stood there covered in blood playing with the now severed antlers.

Discord turned to her and smiled “Well what are you waiting for, send the letter already.”

Twilight shut her eyes, tears filling them. “How could you do that to that poor creature!?”

Discord rolled his eyes-“well it's not like I killed him or anything.”-as he said this the Elkthyrnir stood up and ran into the trees, blood pouring from its head.

Twilight galloped after the elk ignoring Discord who was shocked at her actions. He was about to follow after her right when a golden light showed down on him. He covered his eyes as the light was far more intense then forty stars combined. The light dimmed and Discord could see a silhouette of a dragon coming down.

Discord got into a defense stance, ready for the figure to attack him. A booming voice came from the dragon. “Do not be afraid brother, for it is I.”

Discord lost his defense posture immediately as the visage of a white dragon with a gold spine appeared. Discord rushed over to him and wrapped him up in a hug. “Mikey! It's been too long! What like a thousand years.”

The white dragon gave Discord a sad smile “Indeed it has been although I wish it was shorter.”

Discord gained a devious smirk “so you're here to see me or are you going to help me.”

“I am here to assist someone else brother, father assigned this to me personally.”

Discord’s expression turned shocked. “So is the old man going to finally give Ponykind a holy book or are revelations coming to pass.”

Mikey let out a sigh “I do not know why Father wishes for me to do this task but it is one I will gladly perform.”

It was Discord time to sigh “Yeah of course you would. Well, I hope it goes well for you. The old man gives you some pay for all your work.”

“Doing father’s will is payment enough.”

Discord groaned. “Yes of course all glitter is gold and all that, but seriously, at least ask for something.”

“Brother, it is not my place to demand or ask.”

“Uh, your brick wall, anyway if you ever have some time why don’t you come with the pony and me and get some much-needed understanding, he ain’t going to tell me what that vision meant.”

Father sent you a vision?”

Yeah and the pony, well at least he picked a cute one.”

Mikey smirked. “You find her attractive.”

“Not like that. I just appreciate good work. That's it.”

Mikey nodded “Indeed, but I do know what you're doing, and I ask you to reconsider.”

“Reconsider what?”

“If you take down the ward, then the forces of Evil will be welcomed here.”

“True, but how else am I supposed to take her with me.”

“You could leave her here, come back when you have answers”

“Also true but you know me I like to cut out the middleman.”

Mikey let out a sigh. “I know I can't dissuade you so I suppose I will be taking my leave.”

Discord looked at him uneasily. “You're not going to try to stop me.”

“Only you brother, no one else.” Mikey flew away, leaving Discord confused. He thought about those words but stopped when a feminine scream grabbed his attention.


Twilight galloped to the whimpering cries of the Eikthyrnir. She passed snow-covered bushes and trees. She came to a clearing where the Eikthyrnir was whimpering, clutching its injured hoof to itself. Twilight rushed to it but tripped from a hole in the ground. She groaned in pain but lit up her horn and healed her injured hoof.

Twilight carefully approached the elk and gently patted it on the side.- “It's okay, I may not be Fluttershy but I can still help you.”- Twilight told the elk kindly.

She lit up her horn and mended the animal’s injuries. The Eikthyrnir cried in pain as its bones were righted and its torn horns were calcified and scabbed over. Finally, Twilight cut off her magic and patted the Eikthyrnir soothingly. “There, that should do it.”

The elk stood up and pressed its hoof on the ground testing it, to see if what Twilight said was true. After declaring it true the Eikthyrnir turned to her and gestured to her to follow. The Eikthyrnir galloped into the treeline only stopping to check if She was following. Twilight nodded and caught up then they both moved farther into the woods.

The Eikthyrnir moved quickly through the trees with Twilight just behind. They moved through the branches and bushes till they reached a river. The elk gestured towards the water, then it lowered its head and drank from the river. Twilight nodded and smiled at the elk. She lit her horn and covered a small portion of the river with a filter spell.

As the bacteria and germs die under the spell, Twilight took a sip from the clean area and then took a breath “Thank you. I didn’t think I was that thirsty.”

The elk moved over to her and sat down, tilting its head. Twilight smiled at the elk then it quickly fell as the events from last night along with this morning suddenly fell upon her. She looked up to the elk and gave it a pat on the head. It brought its head closer to Twilight and nuzzled her. She giggled at the act.

“Thanks, bud.” Twilight then sighed “I wish I knew what to do. I just made a deal with someone I barely know and that guy is supposed to end up as my… coltfriend? Husband? Uh, I don’t know.” Twilight paused patting the elk once more.

“Then there Spike.”- tears welled up in her eyes- “what happened to him. He looked so beat up when I saw him in the dream and he seems to be worried sick, I don’t want him to worry about me, I just…” Twilight sniffled as tears fell freely.

She sobbed into the elk's chest and pulled it into a hug. The animal, not knowing what to do, pulled away and licked at Twilight’s tears. She giggled as the elk’s tongue tickled her. She gently pushed him away and smiled. “I can see why Fluttershy likes spending time with you guys so much.”

Twilight went to pet the Eikthyrnir, only for it to stand up, alert. Twilight looked at the Eikthyrnir concerned, and then she heard it. Growling, vicious feral growling came from the woods behind them. Snow fell to the ground as unseen creatures moved between them. The Eikthyrnir stood between Twilight and the woods. Three wolves jumped out of the bushes and circled around them.

Twilight kept her eye on the wolf to the right of her. It snarled at her with teeth dripping in a disgusting ribbed saliva. It jumped directly at Twilight. She shut her eyes, ready for the teeth to pierce her flesh. However, it never did, for Eikthyrnir jumped in front of her, getting its throat ripped out, blood splattering on Twilight's face.

Twilight screamed in horror as two wolves consumed the Eikthyrnir's corpse. She threw up a shield just before the last wolf snapped its jaws at her. The two other wolves joined in and attacked the shield. Twilight was terrified but she could lose her focus, the shield would if she did. The wolves slashed and nashed at her barrier.

She looked about for an opportunity to get out of the wolf's grasp. Anytime she saw an opening a wolf closed it. Twilight whimpered as her shield started to crack. She shut her eyes, tears falling from her face. Every strike felt like a hammer hitting the base of her skull. The pain gives her a headache, every throb consigns with cracks.

Twilight decided to wipe her tears and stand up strong, just like Princess Celestia taught her. She shook in fear but did her best to stay standing as a jolted of pain ran through her. Twilight let out a shaky breath and was ready to drop her shield when a splatter of blood on it. Her eyes widened in horror as she saw Discord standing where the wolf's gore was.

Discord rose a brow, gore-soaked at the two remaining wolves. “Well hello muts, I hope you don't mind, but this fine young mare is all mine.”

One of the wolves jumped directly at Discord and bit down at his throat. Discord looked down at the wolf uninterested. He grabbed the wolf's head and crushed it with no effort. The last wolf whimpered and decided to run away. Discord was about to kill it with a snap of his fingers but decided it wasn't worth the effort and turned to Twilight.

She backed up to the back of her shield doing her best to reinforce it. Discord knocked on her shield with the best reassuring smile he could muster. “It's safe now my dear, you can come out now.”

Twilight trembled as she looked at him. Discord rolled his eyes. “Come on my dear trust me there's nothing dangerous here.”

Again twilight didn't drop her shield. Discord was getting annoyed. He placed a hand on Twilight's shield and shattered it, making Twilight scream in pain. She fell to the ground. Discord's eyes widened. Anger overcame Discord and she looked at her writhing on the ground. He snapped his fingers, healing Twilight's headache.

“Really, you feel your shields, do you know how stupid and dangerous that is? You could have passed out you ignorant-” Discord stopped as he saw Twilight curled up in a ball of tears falling from her face, shaking in fear.

He wanted to keep ripping into her but some strange pressure was in his chest telling him not to. He let out a sigh and sat down next to her. He gently patted her on the back and looked around making sure no animal was on their way. Twilight felt the talon on her back, its soft calming rhythm calming her down a bit. She looks at Discord still covered in blood yet with an unsure expression on his face. She had no idea who she was dealing with but now she was certain Discord wasn’t like anything she had a face.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment