• Published 31st Aug 2023
  • 1,079 Views, 13 Comments

Empress Cozy Glow part 2: The Reckoning - Betty_Starlight



Empress Cozy Glow adjusts to her bizarre new life and title

  • ...
3
 13
 1,079

Chapter 1: A New Beginning

“I literally killed ponies!” I say to the purple alicorn, currently lovingly holding me from behind as we both cuddled in the soft warm sky-blue blankets with their weird floral print.

“I know!” She says as she cuddles me close…

I’m really confused right now, “Well, don’t I need to be punished, or?”

“Why? You’re reformed now!”

There’s that word again! “You don’t know that!”

“Yes I do!” She happily replies before holding me closely.

I can’t help but feel irritated at this whole thing, “Am I still Empress of Friendship though? I brought Celestia and Luna back and that other pink one!”

“Cadance!”

I nod, “Yeah, her too! And you! All the original princesses are back!”

“And so are you, Cozy! My wonderful cuddly wuddly Empress of Friendship!” She says before clasping her forehooves over me again to hold me close to her body tightly.

“Cuddly! Bleh!” I stick my tongue out while the alicorn behind me happily cuddles my body to her… I suddenly wonder just who’s idea this was?

“I love you Cozy Glow!” I hear her say from behind me!

I manage to stammer out, “I-I love you too… m-mom…” And as she clings onto me tightly, I think that this love isn’t really meant for me… It can’t be! I’m evil!

“Cozy? Are you okay?” She compassionately asks.

I robotically reply,”Yes! I am fine! Just fine! Yes! We’re all fine here… How are you?”

“Cozy? Can I ask you a question?”

I frown, “Why wouldn’t you be able to? You’re my uh, mom now, right?”

I hear her softly giggle and feel the warmth of her breath on my neck, “Of course! Now, Cozy, why are you cuddling me?”

“Because it feels nice!” I reply without thinking… I blink and nod my head.

“Tell me something Cozy, you know I like holding you and snuggling you. Now, are you doing this for you or for me?”

My eyes widen and snout frowns, “What do you mean?”

She’s silent for a moment… “Do you believe you deserve love, Cozy?”

I grimace as I suddenly wonder if she can get inside my brain somehow? “Of course, I deserve love! I restored Equestria to it’s former happy magical glory, right? And, I’m all nice now, yes? Why wouldn’t I deserve love?”

“Well, you seemed so hesitant? I just want my cuddly wuddly Empress of Friendship to know that she needs snuggles!” She excitedly says before tightening her grasp on me and I suddenly wonder just how I got here again and refrain from yelling at her about how I’ll break every bone in her body!

“EEP!” I squeak!

“I love you so much, Cozy!”

My eyes widen, “We’re domestic now! HELP!”

<*****>

I look down at the bowl on my area of the table while the other larger, more purple alicorn says to me from the other side at the grand dining table in the castle… Everything is still purple now, thank goodness! I raise my eyes up to her before she stares back at me and asks, “So, do you get it now Cozy? You’re smart!”

I stare up at her with wide eyes as I’m not sure what the hay she’s talking about? “What do you mean?”

She nods, “Well, you have this new title now!

“Empress of Friendship!”

She nods, “Yeah, that! And you get to start over now!”

“As royalty?”

She blinks and nods again, “Yeah, pretty much!”

“And an alicorn!”

“Yes!”

And I frown suddenly, “And not to mention the overwhelming desire to do good!

Her eyes widen, “Exactly! You made your trade with the amethyst earlier!”

I stare up at her, “You know, I didn’t realize exactly what I was signing on for, right?”

Her eyes are peeled at me, “But you are happy, right?”

“I think so?” I lie while my eyes go skyward and I scrunch my mouth.

“Cozy?” She addresses me.

My eyes widen because I’m starting to wonder just how much this mare knows about me? “Yes?”

She smiles, “I worked with you to better Equestria for months, now…”

I grimace when I realize that she isn’t wrong! “Yeah!”

“And you seem upset by that?”

I stare up at her and finally just admit what’s really on my mind, “Mom! I don’t know if this is real?”

“What do you mean?”

I sigh and stare forward, “I don’t know, okay? It’s just that, I…” I close my eyes…

“What is it honey?”

I note that that’s literally the first time she’s ever called me that! “I just don’t know if this is real, okay?”

“What?”

I open my eyes to her, “Your bones! I wanted to break them!”

Her own eyes widen as a confused frown forms on her snout, “Huh?”

“I uh, okay, I was annoyed earlier when you were snuggling me…”

She frowns, “Well, if I’m ever bothering you, you could just tell me?”

I frown when I realize that she’s right! “Oh! Uh, yeah! Okay! So uh, no more bone breaking?”

She smiles and widens her eyes and I’m not sure she was expecting that? “Right!”

I close my eyes and say to myself, “I’m actually good now! I’m good now and I’m admitting to it!”

“It was only a matter of time, you know?”

I open my eyes to her again, “What do you mean?”

She nods, “Well, how long did you really think you could pretend to be evil, anyway?”

My eyes widen, “I have no idea!”

She smiles, “Well, this has to do with observing yourself!”

I stare at her very carefully… “What?”

She giggles softly under her breath, “Well, you just had a bowl of oatmeal, right?”

I nod, “Um, right!”

“And how did you prepare that?”

I continue to stare as I’m not sure where she’s going with this? “My usual! Two spoons of brown sugar and some butter!”

“And raisins!”

I nod, “Right! I added those last!”

“This has to do with observing yourself! If you are in fact doing good, you really need to acknowledge that!”

I finally just admit the problem, “But if I do that, I might have to admit that I-I’m a good pony!”

She frowns, “So?”

I stare at her, “But I don’t wanna be good!”

Her face straightens, “Are you sure?”

I stare at her and say, “I’m not sure if you’d understand?”

Her eyes remain affixed to me, “Try me!”

I sigh and gulp, “Well, all this time, I thought I was a baddie, you know? A villain! A bad guy!”

She nods, “Well, I believe this is true!”

I blink, “Right! And now, I just don’t know if this is really me, now?”

“I think I see what you’re trying to say?”

I frown at her, “You do?”

She smiles down at me, “I think so? You just LOVED being evil, didn’t you?”

I widen my eyes as I’m not sure I’m prepared to admit this? “Yeah, I kinda did?” Or maybe I am ready?

She continues to smile, “And now that you can’t burn, torture, and kill ponies, you’re just wondering what you’re going to do with yourself, is that right?”

I continue staring with my enormous gaze, “Uh, I guess so, kinda, sorta, maybe?”

“Right!” She nods again, “Then it’s settled!”

“It is?”

“Yup! It’s time for your reformation, Cozy!”

“Wait, what?”

Her smile widens, “I think it’s time you met the team!”

(To be continued…)