• Published 6th May 2024
  • 145 Views, 1 Comments

A Lonely Path - JDeck306



With her ascention to the throne just ahead, Twilight sets out on her final, and toughest journey yet...

  • ...
 1
 145

Epilogue

Eventually, Twilight slowly managed to stand up again, wearing a small smile on her teary face, and quietly asked her friends to join her back to the Castle. Though she knew not whether she wanted to tell them anything about her journey, she did know their presence was something she dearly desired.

After the group made it back to Ponyville Palace, Spike and Fluttershy flew inside to grab the tea, joined by Applejack a moment later, as she still had to trot to the kitchen. The rest of the group, meanwhile, sweetly led Twilight into the Hall, where they sat her down in front of the open hearth.

Before she could utter a word, her friends helped to make her and themselves comfortable by placing many pillows on the ground around her, and covered her with a blanket. Then, as the others returned with tea and cakes for everyone, Twilight's eyes welled up again, but this time, with tears of joy.

As Spike quickly and carefully poured out the tea, Twilight softly asked him if he had arranged all of this, to which he merely looked around at the group with a smile on his face. After he sat down, he told her that he figured her journey would be challenging, even before Cadance's letter arrived.

It only helped to encourage them even more to give her a warm welcome upon her return to Ponyville, where she had one final thing that she had not yet done. For a brief moment, Twilight looked around in confusion, until Spike offered her the scroll, addressed to her, which arrived earlier that day.

In response, Twilight politely thanked Spike for keeping it safe, before she opened it, and read:

"Dear Miss Sparkle..."

"I hope the rest of your journey passed without issue, and that you have achieved your objective. I wish I could give you advice on how to carry on with such a great burden upon your mind and heart."

"There are no pains worse than what follows the loss of a loved one, but to feel twice that pain in your chest, yet to continue wearing a smile regardless, requires strength far greater than I know."

"Always remember that there are countless beings in your life who will be there to support you, and listen to you, and stay by your side during the toughest and darkest moments, such as these times."

"Until our next meeting, which I dearly hope is soon."
"A hopeful friend, Doc"

Doc's letter left everyone speechless, but eventually, Twilight took a scroll and quill, and wrote:

"Dear Doc..."

"Few things in my life had been tougher than this impossible task, but it should please you to know that I have completed my Parents' last wish, and I am writing to you in the company of my friends."

"I am certain there are many things that both of us prefer to leave far in the past, but the advice you gave, the kindness you shared, and the compassion you showed are all memories I shall cherish."

"Though I may never truly know the weight you carry with you, I know that one should never carry it alone. Know you are welcome to visit at any time, no matter how long it may take us to meet again."

"Your friend indeed, Twilight Sparkle"

Then, Twilight sent the letter, drank her tea, hugged her friends with her wings, and laid down.

Simultaneously, elsewhere in Equestria, Doc also finished drinking his tea, and reading her letter, when he took off his ring, and gently placed it in front of a painting of Selene and himself. Then, he and Twilight turned off the lights in their rooms, and fell asleep, with warm and calmed hearts.

Both the Ageing and the Ageless looked forward to meeting again, but in happier and easier times...

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment