• Published 19th May 2024
  • 474 Views, 9 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur - ponydog127



During the Summer Solstice Festival in Maretime Bay with the dragons attending, the Mane 6 reunite with Mystery Incorporated to solve the mystery of a ghostly dinosaur, called the Phantosaur, who is haunting the town of La Serena.

  • ...
1
 9
 474

The Maretime Bay Summer Solstice Festival

It had been about two weeks since the Mane 6 returned from their latest Unity Quest, helping the Jetsons, along with some WWE Superstars and some flying leopards, save Orbit City from Allura and Big Show (the latter was who Allura was using to get what she wanted, since she already had her own star shard).

And since then, things have been peaceful... well, as peaceful as things could be.

One of the most popular events in Maretime Bay history was approaching-- the Summer Solstice Festival, and the Mane 6 had been busy helping to set everything up, like the food vendors, getting entertainment, setting up the games, and Sunny's favorite part... the Summer Solstice Firework Show at the end of the night.

But this year's festival was going to be different-- the dragons from the Isle of Scaly were going to be in attendance, so the ponies had to be sure that things were going to go smoothly to please their dragon guests... especially since the dragons were going to be bringing a tradition of their own to the festival this year.

But then again, we all know that a Unity Quest will be waiting around the corner for our Equestrian heroes.

XXXXXXXX

“Sunny, according to my official tracking radar,” Zipp said as she glanced at her FlyPad, “Spike and the dragons are only a few minutes away from us!”

“Great work, Zipp. Let us know when they come into sight,” Sunny told the pegasus mare before turning to the rest of the festival committee. “All right, let’s make sure everything is set to go. Fifi, do all the food vendors have the required ingredients?”

“They sure do!” the lavender pegasus mare saluted. “And in record time too! Plus, nothing spilled!”

“Great work!” Sunny checked the food off the list. “Entertainment?”

“Electric Blue is all ready to go whenever you give the signal, Sunny,” Pipp said as she fluttered over. “Ruby Jubilee and the Dreamlands couldn’t make it, but I’m sure the fans will be over the moon to have Electric Blue here, nonetheless.”

Sunny nodded and checked entertainment off the list. “Crafts and games?”

“Those are all set up too!” Izzy chirped. “And Spike told me that if the foals and fillies wanted,” Misty added, “he and the rest of the dragons would give out free rides!”

“Great! Something else to add rules for!” Hitch pranced in place, causing Sparky to grumble and blow a raspberry at Hitch’s idea of ‘fun’. “Okay, Sparkeroni. Fun first, rules later.”

“And all the festival decorations look perfect!” Posey concluded the pre-festival report with a smile. “As they should be, since I told Izzy and Misty exactly where to put what.”

“Then, it looks like everything is ready for the festival to kick off,” Sunny smiled. “And not a moment too soon!” Zipp said, pointing to the sky. “Here come the guests of honor!”

True to her word, the ponies looked up and saw all the dragons from the Isle of Scaly (Dragon Lord Spike, Blaize Skysong, Luxxe, Leaf, Tumble, Fountain, Jade and Lava) flying through the clouds and descending on the edge of town. Spike was first to approach Sunny with a bow. “Sunny, we appreciate you and your friends inviting us to your Summer Solstice celebration.”

“Yeah! But, uh… what exactly IS a summer solstice?” Luxxe asked in confusion. “It’s the longest day of summer,” Zipp explained, “when the sun is out even longer than usual.”

“But the night will come,” Misty quickly added so the dragons wouldn’t panic, “even if the sun is out a little longer than usual.”

“Well, we’re happy you invited us nonetheless,” Jade smiled before sniffing the air. “Is that… dragon berries I smell?”

“It is! We set up a whole patch, along with some crystals in case you guys got hungry,” Sunny smiled. “Excellent,” Spike nodded. “And, we have a tradition of our own we’d like to share with you all as well-- the lighting of the Dragon Torch. It’s normally used to signify special occasions, but we’re happy to extend the tradition to ponies who brought back Equestria’s magic.”

“Thank you so much, Spike,” Zipp smiled. “Well, what are we all waiting for? Let’s get this festival started!”

XXXXXXXX

Pretty soon, all the ponies of Maretime Bay were gathered together for the start of the festival, standing with the dragons as the Mane 6 stood on the stage, with Sunny speaking into the microphone as the official spokespony. “Attention, Maretime Bay citizens and those beyond Equestria! Welcome to the Maretime Bay Summer Solstice Festival! And for the first time in moons, we have all three pony kinds, plus dragons, here and ready to celebrate the longest day of summer!”

Everyone cheered and squealed in delight-- the dragons even roared in pleasure. “We’re so honored that our friends from the Isle of Scaly could join us this year,” Sunny continued, giving Spike and the dragons a wink. “And, if you foals or fillies want to get a free dragon ride, see Sheriff Hitch and Zipp for details. And now, without further ado, please welcome your entertainment for this evening-- the one, the only… ELECTRIC BLUE!!”

At this, the ponies cheered as Electric Blue took the stage and everypony began to explore the festival grounds, feeling that this was going to be the best festival in moons.

XXXXXXXX

The festival seemed to be going rather smoothly after the first couple of hours had passed. Electric Blue rocked the stage, ponies bought different kinds of food, played games, made things at the arts and crafts table and best of all, the young ponies got to ride giant dragons, who were life-size gentle giants, and had incredible abilities.

While Spike, Blaize, Lava and Tumble took the first couple of fillies and foals on the first set of rides, the Mane 6 decided to talk to the other dragons about what had been going on since they last saw one another-- both good things and terrifying things.

Needless to say, the dragons were a bit surprised at what their pony friends told them. “Seriously?” Luxxe asked in shock. “You guys went to the future to stop Allura from taking over Orbit City?”

“And you saved a haunted summer camp by catching some seriously bad creeps?” Fountain asked with surprise. “Wow... you guys have a lot more guts than I do.”

“Heh... thanks, Fountain. I can't say that it's been easy,” Pipp said, “but... we have to do what we have to do in order to protect countless realms, not just Equestria, from mortal enemies.”

“Dragon Lord Spike always said that since we've met, you've showed that you're just as brave as the Guardians of Harmony once were,” Jade spoke up. “Anyone who can face the evil fire alicorn Opaline and make it out alive earns a lot of respect in my book.”

Leaf shuddered at the mention of Opaline’s name. “That name still makes my scales stand up...”

“Well, I wouldn’t worry about that,” Misty told the dragons as Spike and the others returned and let the foals and fillies off. “All right, little ones, go and enjoy the games,” Spike said. “We’ll take a quick break and be ready for the next batch of riders in, say... a half an hour.”

“Thanks, Mr. Spike, sir!” a young colt giggled before he and his friends ran past the Mane 6 and into the festival grounds again. “If everything goes well,” Blaize said to the Dragon Lord and ponies, “we should be ready to light the Dragon Torch by the time the sun goes down.”

“And before the Summer Solstice Firework Show starts!” Sunny giggled excitedly. “You dragons are gonna love that part!”

“We're excited about it too,” Fountain said before glancing down and gasping. “But that's something I'm never gonna get used to!”

The ponies looked down at what Fountain was looking at and noticed their cutie marks were glowing. “I guess that's our cue to get moving to the Brighthouse,” Hitch said before handing Sparky over to Spike. “Be a good boy for Spike and the rest of your aunts and uncles, okay Sparky-Malarky?”

Sparky nodded in affirmation at this. “You ponies go do what you need to do,” Lava smiled. “We'll take care of the festival and this little guy until you get back.”

“Thanks, Lava,” Sunny said with a smile. “All right, ponies-- to the Brighthouse! We have a new Unity Quest to go on!”