• Published 16th Dec 2016
  • 776 Views, 3 Comments

Aria Blazing Star - OneOverTwo



After one of them listens to a new album, the Rainbooms are shocked to see that the singer on its cover may be one of the Dazzlings.

  • ...
0
 3
 776

Conjecture

It was a cool summer’s day. Music was playing on a laptop in the background as a teenage girl sewed outfits in her bedroom; Rarity had recently purchased an album to listen to on a whim and this was her first time listening to it, she had to admit that she was liking what she was hearing.

“Oh what is the name of this singer again?” said Rarity, mostly to herself, “Her voice is positively divine.”

She finished up the stitching on her last dress of the moment and got up to put everything away. As she went to take the CD out of her laptop she took the opportunity to look at its case.

“Aria Blaze,” said Rarity as she read the artist’s name, “That’s a good name. I think I’ve heard plenty of my classmates talking about her, now that I think of it.”

Then something caught her eye. The singer was visible on the cover and she saw...

“Is that one of the Dazzlings?!” said Rarity.


The next day at school, Rarity sat in her first period history class. She couldn’t really pay attention to what the teacher was saying throughout the class.

“Rarity?” said Applejack.

“Oh it simply must just be a coincidence,” mumbled Rarity, “I’m sure that plenty of people look like one of the Dazzlings.”

“Rarity! Hey Rarity!” said Applejack.

“Hm?” said Rarity as she snapped out of distraction, “What?”

“First period’s over, Rarity,” said Applejack.

“Sorry,” said Rarity, “something that I saw yesterday has been distracting me since then.”

“Shucks, what’s troublin’ ya?” said Applejack as the two girls walked out of the classroom.

“Well…” said Rarity, “you remember… the Dazzlings?”

“Uh… what about ‘em?” said Applejack.

“I think that I might have seen one of them on an album cover,” said Rarity.

“Really?” said Applejack, “I guess we don’t really know what happened to them after the battle of the bands, do we?”

“But it’s not like I just saw her on the album cover, Applejack,” said Rarity, “I looked up the artist, Aria Blaze, online later and she definitely looks like one of the Dazzlings. The fuchsia one.”

“What-sha?” said Applejack.

“The pinkish purplish one,” said Rarity rather flatly, “Her hair was styled differently, but the colors and her face, it’s just too close to be a coincidence.”

“Oh, well it’s not like it can really be one o’ the Dazzlings,” said Applejack, “They all lost their voices when we defeated them remember?”

“Yes, Applejack, I remember,” said Rarity as they neared a door.

“Wait…” said Applejack, “you don’t have next period with me.”

“Oh dear! I mustn’t be late!” said Rarity right before quickly going off to her next class.


An apparently teenaged girl was sitting in her room in a mansion. She had her head between her hands and her elbows resting upon a desk. She was definitely not stressing about anything.

“You can do this,” said Aria Blaze, “You’re the ffffffffff- the best, the best at singing.”

Aria Blaze breathed out violently, or at least in an aggressive sounding way.

Knock Knock, a knock knocked upon the door.

“Ya okay in there?” said Sapphire Shores from behind the room’s door.

“Yeah! Just fantastic!” said Aria Blaze.

Aria Blaze punched the wall and made a loud THUMP.

“Ya don’t sound so ‘fantastic’,” said Sapphire Shores, “I’m comin’ in.”

Sapphire Shores opened the door and found an annoyed looking Aria Blaze disgruntledly glaring at her.

“Ya look a mess, kid,” Sapphire Shores, “Now I’m really doubtin’ you’re ‘fantastic’.”

“Ugh,” groaned Aria Blaze.

“So what’s troubling ya?” Sapphire Shores, “And I know somethin’s botherin’ ya.”

“It’s nothing… it’s stupid,” said Aria Blaze trailing to be quieter as she spoke each word.

“Lemme guess,” said Sapphire Shores, “you’re nervous about your concert later this month, right?”

“NO!” said Aria Blaze with insistence, “That wouldn’t make any sense, I’ve sang at plenty of concerts.”

“This is your first time headlinin’ though. That’s gotta be a bit stressful,” said Sapphire Shores.

“I’m FINE!” said Aria Blaze, “I’m going to be fine.”

“Yeah,” said Sapphire Shores as she patted Aria Blaze on the back, “I know, kid.”

“Whatever,” mumbled Aria Blaze.


The six girls who made up the band known as “The Rainbooms” walked together towards their homes or respective means to drive/be driven home as the school day had ended.

“So the singer, Aria Blaze, looks like one of the Dazzlings?” said Sunset Shimmer, “But we took away their magic when we last saw them. They weren’t able to sing after that.”

“Well it’s not like anyone has been mind controlled listening to her music, darling, at least as far as I can tell,” said Rarity, “I’m guessing she might have retrained her voice to make it good again.”

“Maybe it’s like Filli Vanilli!” said Pinkie Pie.

“What now?” said Rainbow Dash.

“Oh it was, um, a band that, um, used lip-synching to a recording instead of actually singing,” mumbled Fluttershy.

“Oh I just wish I could investigate it,” said Rarity who then flipped back in an overly dramatic pose, “Oh if only there was a way!”

“Well…” said Applejack, “Ah was talkin’ on the phone about it earlier durin’ lunch with mah friend Rara and it seems like she was actually signed onta the same label as this Aria Blaze. Maybe she can get us tickets to one uh Aria Blaze’s concerts. Maybe backstage passes if that’s possible.”

Everyone went silent in confusion.

“Um, excuse me Applejack,” said Rarity, “but whatever do you mean?”

“Yeah, who’s Rara?” said Pinkie Pie who then gave Rarity a suspicious look, “Rarity, have you signed a record deal without telling us?”

“No, Pinkie dear,” said Rarity, “I would never do such a thing.”

“I guess y’all’d probably know ‘er better by the high falutin ‘moniker’,” Applejack made air quotes, “of ‘Countess Coloratura’. A bit ridiculous for her if ya ask me.”

“WHAT?!” said Rarity, “When, pray tell, were you going to tell us this little tidbit? Hmm?”

“I dunno,” said Applejack, “is there anything particularly interestin’ ‘bout it?”

“Is there-?! Is there something interesting about it?! Applejack!” Rarity grabbed Applejack by the upper arms, “Countess Coloratura is perhaps the most famous new talent to rise in recent times! People are saying that she’s going to overtake Sapphire Shores as THE Person of Pop any day now!”

“Wow really?” said Applejack, “Ah guess Ah should congratulate her or somethin’. Never really thought about it.”

“Never?! Never thought about it?! Applejack!” said Rarity as she shook her friend vigorously, “You are not treating this like the big deal it is!”

“Woah Nelly!” said Applejack, “Ya don’t have to shake me so hard, Rarity.”

“You do seem to be more casual about this situation than most people would be, Applejack,” said Sunset Shimmer.

“Yeah, I’m not exactly a fan, but I know how freakin’ big a deal The Countess is,” said Rainbow Dash.

Everyone aside from Applejack murmured in slight agreement that Countess Coloratura was a pretty big deal.

“Shucks, Rara’s just an ol’ summer camp friend that Ah got back in touch with on one uh them socialism websites.”

“Um, I’m pretty sure you mean social networking,” whispered Fluttershy, “not socialism…”

Rarity took a deep breath in through the nose and a long breath out through the mouth.

“I suppose I shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth,” said Rarity.

Sunset Shimmer gave her a bit of a look.

“Ah mean Ah can’t really guarantee that Rara’ll be able to get us tickets to Aria Blaze or anythin’...” said Applejack, “but Ah mean it can’t hurt to ask at least.”

“Very well, Applejack,” Rarity snootily turned her head to the side, “but we are going to have a long conversation about this later!”

“Er, alright,” said Applejack, “Uh Rarity?”

“Hm?” said Rarity.

“Ya can let go of me now,” said Applejack.

Author's Note:

I wish to take this moment to point out that the Rainbooms never actually heard the names of any of the sirens. Heck you, yes you, didn’t hear Aria’s name either! (Unless you listened to the commentary, I guess.) Interesting note, Aria is the one who said the names of the other two. Guess the writers just couldn’t find a good place for her to refer to herself by name.

Also, this is pretty much the only story I had any workable ideas for at the moment.