• Published 1st Jun 2022
  • 2,969 Views, 940 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: IDW Comic Story - JesusG0987



What IF: The IDW story of the G5 MLP as Sunset, Sunny and their friends continue their adventure.

  • ...
3
 940
 2,969

Issue 4.

Author's Note:

Okay. I know that the Lighthouse looked like what it used to be like in ANG movie, but it looks like after little times has passed, it turned into the Crystal Brighthouse, but looks like after two issues, it has become the Brighthouse after what Queen Haven just spoke of the name, so lets just go with it.

Issue 4.

In the Brighthouse bedroom, Pipp is on her phone while livestreaming to her Pippsqueaks to give them the news about Discord and the magic glitching with the Pegasus Crystal still missing.

“Goooood morning, everypony!” Pipp announced through her phone. “Today I’m trying something a little different.” She told them about something she will do differently for her Pippsqueaks .


In Zephyr Heights, Pipp’s live stream is on the screens of the giant TVs on the buildings as she speaks. “Instead of streaming, I’ve decided to write my next major life update.” She told her fans that she will write about her major life instead of live streaming this time.for now. “I know, I know! But this is the kind of update that calls for lots of selfies.” She explains her reason that she will write about her next major life since it’s about the pictures she got and wants to write all about it.

The ponies however, don't like Pipp’s idea. Sure they are her fans, but they like to see her live streams, not something that is supposed to be written about.


“Plus… It’s about Discord.” Pipp told her another reason so that the ponies can know about Discord without her going into details by livestream since the Lord of Chaos is hard to describe so seeing it by picture will save enough time. “Okay, love you, gotta go write! Pipp, Pipp, hooray!” She announced as she ended her live stream.

Pipp put her phone down as she went to her laptop to get to work. She opened up her gallery that she manage to take during her and her friends time with Discord when he first greeted himself, thanks to Discord’s magic, he politely charge her phone so she can take pictures of him and the caverns while also taking pictures of Canterlot on their way back to Maretime Bay.

‘Pippsqueaks, when I went flying with my friends, I had no idea it would lead to a journey that ended in Discord and a Unity Crystal…’ Pipp typed in what she thinks about their journey of the Unity Crystal and Discord as she typed like crazy at 9 in the morning.


‘...And that’s where we are now, searching for Discord before he destroys the crystal!’ Pipp continued typing all day as she hit nighttime at 7 p.m. Looking a little tired while being on her laptop all day, writing about what has happened and about Discord. ‘If anypony knows how to find him, we need your help! Thank you, love you, Pippsqueaks. Pipp, Pipp, hooray!’ She finished typing as she posted her story down as she walked off with a yawn to get something after being on her laptop all day.


Pipp returned two hours later with some hot coffee as the time on her clock next her shows 9:02 p.m. at night. Pipp checked her laptop and saw that it has 100,157 views, 99,398 hearts for lives, and 6,780 comments on it.

Pipp took a sip of her coffee as she checked her stats before making a facetime call to her mother, having a thought of something that she’s been thinking about.


In a room in the Zephyr Heights’ palace, Queen Have, with Cloudpuff next to her, have received the call from Pipp from her laptop as she answers it.

“My little filly! How are things in the Brighthouse?” Queen Haven asks after greeting her daughter.

Great!” Pipp answered through the laptop. “Um, Mom? Can I ask you something?” She asks her mother.

“Of course.” Queen Haven answered as Cloudpuff tries to grab a makeup accessory on the mirror stool.


“Well, I’ve been thinking, maybe, about getting a little more real with the Pippsqueaks.” Pipp told her mother about something she wants to reveal to her Pippsqueaks, while Queen Haven is trying to get Cloudpuff to drop a makeup accessory in his mouth.

No, that is not for pets!” Queen Haven scolded Cloudpuff, trying to get the accessory out of his mouth as she turned her attention back to Pipp. “Sorry, darling. ‘Real’ how?” She asks her daughter how real she means.

“I want to write about the day everypony learned I can’t fly.” Pipp revealed, thinking about writing about the time when everypony in Zephyr Heights learned that the royalties can’t fly from the middle of Pipp’s first adventure with her friends and sister.

WHAT?!” Queen Haven asked in shock while squeezing Cloudpuff, who barks from the tight hold Queen Haven is giving him.

“It’s a little different from what I usually post, but I think it’s important.” Pipp reasoned, wanting something to show her Pippsqueaks about her.

But, darling, that day was so hard on you.” Queen Haven said to her with a concerned look, knowing very well that day was so humiliating and hard for Pipp when everypony saw that she couldn’t fly.

Pipp then turned to a couple of pictures of her and her friends with a smile. “It was such a difficult, confusing, awful day. I want to show ponies that side of me. That it’s okay to be sad sometimes.” She said, while wanting to show ponies that it’s okay to be sad, even on the most hard day they had, which is something the ponies need since Discord is on the loose and when he took the Pegasus Crystal, to know that it’s okay to be scared. “And after what Sunset told me about honesty when we escape Zephyr Heights in the elevator, it’s better to tell the truth than keeping it contained for so long. And we learned that the hard way.” She added, remembering what Sunset told her about being honest to the ponies close to her instead of using the lies to gain their trust when the royal family made them believe that they could fly.

Queen Haven then gives her daughter a touching look, finding her words touching on wanting to express her feelings to other ponies instead of just hiding it.

Mmmp?” Cloudpuff whine in concern for Queen Haven as the queen hugs Cloudpuff with a smile.

Queen Haven then faced her laptop as she placed her forehead on it as Pipp did it back as they shared a heartfelt connection. “Of course, my brave filly. It’s a wonderful thing to do. But if it doesn’t go exactly the way you want it to, you’ll come tell me, won’t you? You know you’re always welcome back home.” She said, wanting her daughter to come home and tell her in case things didn’t go as she planned.

“Of course, Mom! What could go wrong?” Pipp asked her mother, thinking what could go wrong if she tells the truth on how she felt.


After having that chat with her mom, Pipp got to work on typing in on how she felt when everypony saw that she can’t fly.

“Done!” Pipp cheered as she finally finished typing. She moved the mouse to the ‘Post’ button to post her story, but then stopped as she was having second thoughts about this. “Maybe I should ask my friends what they think before I post it.” She said to herself to see what her friends think of this idea before she posted it to her Pippsqueaks. She moved the mouse to the ‘Save’ button as she saved her gallery. “Yes, that’s a good idea.” She said to herself as she turned off her laptop and headed to bed. “I’ll get up suuuuper early and ask everypony what they think before they head out for the day.” She suggested as she went to sleep.


The next day, Pipp is still asleep on her bed as she snores. But then once she woke up, she widened her eyes in shock as she saw the time, it’s 12:00 at noon already.

“Oh no! I overslept!” Pipp cried out as she quickly got off, quickly did her mane, and then flew to the door in flight after seeing that everypony in the Brighthouse was not around. “Everypony’s already gone! I have to find them and ask them about my post!” She exclaimed, going to find her friends and ask them about her post before she posted them.


After a bit of searching in Maretime Bay, Pipp spotted Sunny, who was strapping her smoothie cart while having a worried expression.

“Sunny! I knew you’d be close by. You’re just who I wanted to talk to!” Pipp cheered as Sunny is the right pony to talk about her post, since Sunny has her fair share of bad days before reuniting the tribes.

Sunny turned once she heard Pipp. “Oh, hey Pipp. Late night?” Sunny asked, since Pipp wasn’t with them all morning.

“Yes. I was… creating.” Pipp answered. “Sunny, you’re like, the smartest pony I know. I need your advice.” She said as she put Sunny closer so that nopony could hear them. “I want to post on social media about the day everypony learned I couldn’t fly. What do you think?” She asks.

“Oh, that…” Sunny said with a concerned look as she placed a hoof on her face. “Sorry, Pipp. Everything with Discord has me so distracted. I can’t really focus on anything else.” She explained to Pipp that with all that has happened with Discord and him having the Pegasus Crystal, planning to destroy it, Sunny has too much to worry about to think straight.

“Oh. Okay. I can ask somepony else.” Pipp said, understanding what Sunny is going through.

Sunny then gives a comforting smile. “Why not try Hitch? He’s who I go to when I need a grounded opinion. Uh, so to speak.” She said while remembering the times when she goes to her childhood friend for some opinions, in a manner of speaking from before the three tribes reunite and from before Sunset came into their lives.

“That’s a great idea! But what about Sunset? Isn’t she with you for the smoothie stands and from giving opinions now and then?” Pipp stated, while seeing that Sunset isn’t with Sunny today and she usually gives opinions since she’s an expert on these things.

“Sunset is searching all around Maretime Bay for any signs of Discord. So I don’t know where she is right now.” Sunny answered Pipp’s question about Sunset. “But Hitch, he’s in the Main Square, I think, helping set up for the street fair…” She stated what Hitch is doing right now and where he might be.

“Thanks, Sunny!” Pipp called out as she flew to where Sunny said about where Hitch might be.


Sometime later, Pipp found Hitch, who is helping other ponies setting up a festival fair as Hitch instructed ponies on what to do.

“Careful with that banner! We don’t wanna block hoof traffic!” Hitch called out. “...Again” He whispered the last part to himself.

Pipp then flew in once she saw Hitch. “Hitch! Just the pony I wanted to see!” She called out as she flew to him.

“I am?” Hitch questioned, a little confused on what Pipp meant.

“You’re so silly sometimes. Yes!” Pipp answered. “I wanted to ask you about my next big social media post!” She explained her reason to him.

“Uh… Okay.” Hitch said before turning his head around to other ponies around him. “Raise the banner more on the right side!” He called out before facing Pipp. “Sorry, Pipp. Go ahead.” He said for Pipp to continue.

“I want to post about the day everypony learned I couldn't fly. How sad I was and how ashamed I felt.” Pipp told her reason. “What do you think?” She asked Hitch what he thinks of that idea.

“Er, isn’t that a little different from your normal posts? You know, your brand?” Hitch asked, knowing Pipp well enough that this is a little different than her other posts as Pipp starts to see Hitch’s words are true. “Isn’t it usually singing, sparkles, and glamour?” He asked, since those are what Pipp usually does.

“Yeah, but that doesn’t mean it can’t change. It can be sparkles and real feelings.” Pipp pointed out as she began to fly away, while having conflict in her head about this post.

“I suppose.” Hitch said, agreeing with Pipp on that thought.

“Well, thanks, I guess.” Pipp said to Hitch, at least he gives her some words to think about, but still down as that didn’t help.

“Anything!” Hitch called out to Pipp before he turned his attention to another pony. “No, no, no the banner’s all crooked now!” He cried out that the banner is now crooked, meaning that they will have to set it up the right way.


A little bit later in Maretime Bay, Sunset is walking around the streets, keeping a lookout for anything strange, after hearing from Twilight from talking about Discord, he can be anywhere with any strange outcomes.

“Discord is still out there. And me and my friends are gonna find him and get that crystal back.” Sunset said to herself, focusing on finding Discord and getting the Pegasus Crystal back to keep Twilight’s legacy alive and the magic stable.

“I’m sure we will, Sunset.” Pipp’s voice was heard as it startled Sunset as she turned and saw Pipp standing behind her with an innocent smile.

“Pipp! Don’t scare me like that! I’m already stressed with Discord on the loose!” Sunset exclaimed, a little jumpy from being startled by Pipp.

“Sorry.” Pipp apologized to Sunset. “I’ve been looking for you and figure I can ask you for advice.” She said her reason for why she is looking for her.

Sunset took a breath as she spoke. “Okay. What is it?” She asked Pipp.

“I’m making a social media post on how I felt when everypony learned I can’t fly.” Pipp explains.

“Wow. You’re making a post about that day? That's shocking.” Sunset commented.

“I know. And I wanted to know what you think before I posted it.” Pipp said, wanting to know what Sunset thought of this.

Sunset thought of what Pipp just said as she took a deep breath. “Pipp. That’s very thoughtful of wanting to post how you felt that day…” She stated.

“I always wanted ponies to know how I feel.” Pipp said with a proud smile.

“But after what you just posted the other night, about Discord and his plans, I don’t know what to think.” Sunset said, having read the gallery that Pipp posted last night.

Pipp turned in shock before giving a sheepish look. “Oh. You read about that?” She asks with a nervous chuckle.

“Everypony knows, Pipp. I thought I told you to keep that secret to keep the ponies calm. But now that you posted that blog, Discord must’ve heard of it if he hasn’t thought this through, we have lost the element of surprise!” Sunset said with a facehoof to the face, stating that it will make it twice as hard to find Discord now that everypony knows about him and he must’ve known of their search if he hadn’t already.

Pipp chuckled nervously, clearly she didn’t think things through. “Sorry. But c’mon. It’s me. What did you expect?” She stated the obvious.

Sunset sighs as she figures as much. “Good point. But your idea of how you felt during that day when everypony learned you and your family couldn’t fly that day was harsh. And you making a blog about it seems very thoughtful to make ponies understand how you felt. I learned that as well during my time.” She said, remembering the time when she wanted the people in CHS to understand her better than she was when she was the biggest bully in the whole school before Twilight and the Rainbooms taught her the value of friendship and helped her see the light. It took time for CHS to accept her and her apology, but she made it happen in the end. “Pipp. I think your idea is great. But be careful what you post. Some ponies might think of it as a sad or understanding post but others might not like it since you and your family lied to your subjects and followers that day, since you kept it a secret for who knows how long that is.” She advises them since that time in Zephyr Heights during their first adventure didn’t exactly leave without causing everypony to hate their royalties now after a whole lie. “Look. I gotta continue the search for Discord if we are ever going to get that Pegasus Crystal back. I got a lot in my head right now, but think about what you feel is right.” She gives her some advice on what to do, since she’s busy looking for Discord, she can’t lose her focus since Discord has that Pegasus Crystal and they need to get it back.

Pipp then thought of what Sunset just said as she took a breath. “Okay. I’ll think about it. Thanks for the advice, Sunset.” She said as she took flight.

Sunset sighs. “You’re welcome, Pipp!” She called while having a worried expression. “I hope you know when to make the right call.” She said to herself, hoping that Pipp makes the right decision her heart was telling her.


Some time later, Izzy is in her old home in Bridlewood, where she can do her Unicycle skills in private and not make a mess in the Brighthouse, and right now, she is using her Unicycling skills to put together something.

Pipp then pops up in front of her through the open window. “Izzy!” She called out.

“Agh!” Izzy got startled as she fell to the floor.

“It took me forever to find you!” Pipp added, stating that it took a while to find Izzy.

Izzy got up, some stuff on her mane, as she looked at Pipp. “Yeah, I came back to work on big crafts projects. I find La Villa Izzy ‘Creatively Stimulating’!” She told her reason that her home is the best place to work on her crafts projects.

“That’s great!” Pipp cheered. “Because I wanted to ask your opinion.” She said as Izzy then paid close attention to Pipp as she kept a cute smile on her face, lost in her own world as Pipp spoke. “I want to do a social media post about when everypony found out me, Zipp, and my mom lied about being able to fly. What do you think?” She asked Izzy.

“Um…” Izzy thought for a sec before answering with a smile. “That’s a great idea!” She cheerfully said as a rainbow appeared behind them as Izzy clapped her hooves.

“Really?!” Pipp hopefully asked with a smile as she clapped as well.

“Yes! It’s just so brave!” Izzy called out.

Pipp was confused when Izzy said that. “Brave? Why is it brave?” She asks, wanting to know why Izzy thinks it’s brave.

“I would never, ever want to tell 1.6 million ponies about the worst, most embarrassing, most horrible day of my life!” Izzy pointed out why it’s brave to share the most hard moment of your life to everypony.

“Oh, right.” Pipp said as she headed for the window, feeling more conflicted than before. “Well I, um, I should go. Bye!” She said to Izzy before flying out of her home.

“Bye, Pipp!” Izzy called out as she waved bye to Pipp who flew out.


Back at the Crystal Brighthouse, looking really downtrodden as ever as she is so conflicted as she heads to the door upstairs and knocks on the door as Zipp opens it.

“Pipp?” Zipp said as she hadn't seen her sister all day.

“Zipp! I need your opinion about my social media post!” Pipp frankently said.

“Ummm… Ooookay…” Zipp said as she is confused on why her sister would ask that.

“I want to get really, really real with my followers. I want to tell them about the day everypony learned we couldn’t fly.” Pipp explained, which caught Zipp by surprise.

“Whoa.” Zipp said as she was surprised that Pipp would want to get that real.

“Yes! I want to show everypony that it’s okay to feel scared or hurt, like I did.” Pip stated her reason.

Zipp then turned to the window as she looked on and thought of what Pipp just said as she spoke. “I mean, I think it’s a great idea, Pipp, but…” She stated while having second thoughts about Pipp’s idea.

“But what?!” Pipp cried out, wanting to know what her sister thinks.

Zipp then turned to her sister as she spoke. “I don’t know, you used to worry a lot about what other people thought about you.” She said, stating what her sister used to worry about.

“I still do! I mean, my online persona is part of who I am.” Pipp admittedly said.

“I know, and I’m afraid if everypony doesn’t respond nicely to your post, you might take it personally.” Zipp explained, stating that if her sister’s post doesn’t get nice responses, Pipp will be so sensitive to it.

“Of course I will!” Pipp exclaimed. “It’s extremely personal!” She pointed out.

“That’s my point.” Zipp said as she placed a hoof on her sister's cheek. “You know I’m all for being yourself, but maybe you should keep some distance between you and the Pippsqueaks, you know?” She said, suggesting that Pipp needs some time to herself and some distance away from her Pippsqueaks to clear her head.

Pipp sighs at this as she looks at her sister. “I suppose I see what you mean.” She said to her sister as she turned and walked away. “Goodnight, Zipp.” She said to her sister before heading to her bed.

“You too, Pipp.” Zipp said to her sister as she went to bed as well.


Sometime later at night, Pipp is looking at her laptop. Looking at the draft of the blog she made last night while feeling conflicted on what to do after hearing from her friends.

Pipp groans as she flop on the table, having a hard time to pick until she gives a determined look as she opens her draft and posts her blog into her social media.

Pipp waited five minutes as she saw the views going up to 48 and the hearts up to 27.


One day later, Pipp grew nervously, with Cloudpuff next to her when he came to visit, as the views went up to 102 while the hearts went up to 38, grewing nervous as she never expected her views to be this slow to receive.


One week later, Pipp is starting to have a teary breakdown as her views went up to 326 while the hearts went up to 92, seeing that her views shouldn’t be this slow.

“Bork?” Cloudpuff barked as he covered his eyes nervously as he had a feeling that Pipp was about to explode at any moment.

And then, Pipp then snapped. “What is happening?!” She cried out.

“Bork, bork, bork!” Cloudpuff barked from being startled by Pipp’s outburst as Pipp held Cloudpuff in front of her face.

“My post about Discord had over a hundred thousand views in five minutes! Why doesn’t anypony want to read this?!” Pipp cried out, having no idea why this new blog about how she felt when everypony learned she and her family couldn’t fly to get slower views than the Discord blog got more views in a short amount of time.

“Bork.” Cloudpuff barked as he placed one of his paws on her muzzle.

Pipp put Cloudpuff down as the dog flew in the air as Pipp typed in her laptop with teary eyes. “That’s it! Hitch, Sunset and Zipp were right! I’m deleting it.” She said tearfully as she moved her mouse to the delete button. But before she could press it, however, she got an email on her indox from the blog she posted, which surprised her to see a message as she moved the mouse and clicked on it as she read the message on it.

‘Dear Pipp, my name is Felicity. I’m a Unicorn, and my family just moved to Maretime Bay…’ Pipp read the message as she kept reading it while picturing the unicorn mare whose coat is green, her mane and tail is pink with a cutie mark that looks like a star while wearing glasses. ‘... I didn’t know what to expect. I’d never even seen the ocean, and I’d never talked to an Earth Pony. I wasn’t sure if I would fit in…’ Pipp started to feel bad for this unicorn as she kept reading it. ‘...Or if I’d be able to make any friends. I was scared that if I tried to talk to them, they’d think I was boring or weird. So I decided to make things up.’ That caught Pipp by surprise for that unicorn to make things up to make friends. ‘I told them about me, my family, and Bridlewood. But none of the stories I told were true. I told everypony that my hobbies were skydiving and surfing. I said my aunt was a princess and my grandma was a queen. I said I had two full-grown dragons as pets and a sphinx was my best friend. At one point, I even said Bridlewood was made of cotton candy.’ She read, while seeing how similar Felicity is compared to how her family lied to Zephyr Heights about being able to fly. ‘Everypony loved it… But none of it was true. I’ve never seen the ocean, I’m not royalty, I don’t know any dragons or sphinxes, Bridlewood is made of normal trees, and I hate, hate, hate heights.’ She read the part of how Felicity lied about this to make friends and how she never saw anything new outside of Bridlewood while being afraid of heights. ‘It didn’t take long for my new friends to figure out I was lying. Someone visited Bridlewood, and, well, you know what I said about the trees.’ Pipp then pictured one of Felicity’s new ponies friends eating a tree branch from Bridlewood, thinking it might have been cotton candy and figured they realized it’s not as she continued reading. ‘Everypony was really upset with me, but they weren’t just angry, they were hurt. They said if I’d told them the truth, we could've all stayed friends. But I hadn’t. I’ve been afraid I couldn’t make friends, but that day, I found out it’s even worse to make them and lose them.’ Pipp began to tear up as she understood how Felicity felt, feeling sorry for her for being afraid to make friends and losing them if the wrong choices were made as she continued reading the rest. ‘I thought I was the loneliest saddest pony in the world… Then I saw your post. You made me realize I wasn’t alone, not really. Sometimes we lie because we’re scared that our friends won’t accept us. What I did was wrong, but I knew that if you could admit the truth and work past the fear and sadness… So could I.’ Pipp read as she tearfully smiled at this message as her post has encouraged somepony to move past their fears and be brave to overcome them as she finished the last part of the message. ‘Thank you, from the Pippsqueak who thinks you’re the coolest pony ever. You helped me get my friends back. Love, Felicity.’ Pipp finished the message as she stared at it for a good long moment, taking in the message by heart as she has helped a pony make amends with her friends and overcome her fears.

After seeing the message, Pipp decided to leave her post as it is, not gonna delete something that helped a pony overcome their fears as she went to bed with a tired, but proud, smile on her face as she went to sleep.


The next morning, Pipp woke up and then grabbed her phone as she went to her live stream with a smile. “Gooooood morning, Pippsqueaks. I wanted to talk about a post I recently put up. Most of you probably haven’t seen it…” She said to her followers.


In the main room of the Brighthouse, the rest of the Mane 6 are watching Pipp’s live stream as they have proud smiled on their face, Zipp is more proud that her sister has done what she felt is right as Sunset is proud that Pipp has embrace the way she posted something she want real in as they listen to Pipp’s live stream.

What you’re seeing right now is my authentic self, bedhead-mane and all. A little over a week ago, I showed another version of my authentic self.” Pipp said through the live stream on Sunny’s phone as the rest of the Mane 6 listened.


In Zephyr Heights, the Pegasi are watching Pipp’s live stream on the big screen.

Part of me is the bubbly Pipp who loves to sing, dance, and talk to all of you.” Pipp said to the viewers.


The Unicorns in Bridlewood are listening to Pipp's live stream on their phones.

But there’s another part of me. The Pipp who’s sometimes lonely, sad, and afraid. Who makes mistakes.” Pipp said the other part of her that she kept and shared it to her followers so they can know more about her.


In the Zephyr Height’s castle, Queen Haven is watching her daughter’s live stream on her laptop with Cloudpuff next to her as she gives a proud smile, proud that her daughter is sharing her feelings to her followers.

Last night, I was afraid that you wouldn’t accept me the way I am. I thought maybe I should do a better job of hiding it.” Pipp said to her viewers as her mother continued to watch her daughter’s speech.


At someplace in Maretime Bay, Felicity and her friends are watching Pipp’s live stream through her phone.

Shout-out to Felicity for reminding me that who I am--everything part of me--” Pipp said to her views as Felicity smiled, then looked at her friends huddled close to her as they smiled back to her as Pipp continued. “--is enough. Love you Pippsqueaks. Keep doing what you do best: Being you.” She said to her Pippsqueaks to keep being themselves and not something they should hide behind, and embrace who they are.


“All of you. Pipp, Pipp, hooray!” Pipp ended her live stream as she put her phone down and walk out of her room as she gave off a happy look, glad to have embrace of who she is and to show ponies that there’s no need to be afraid hide and be alone as long as you embrace you are and that friends will always be there for you as long as you tell them about your true self.

But what Pipp didn’t notice as she walked out, is that her laptop has gotten a new message, and it was from Discord himself, apparently having read Pipp’s post and her live stream and left a message for her.

End of Issue 4.