• Published 11th Jan 2024
  • 1,544 Views, 1,437 Comments

MLP G5 Sunset: Tell Your Tale: Season 2 - JesusG0987



What If: The Mane 7 adventures continues while facing a snow leopard enemy that is on the lose in Equestria.

  • ...
7
 1,437
 1,544

Chapter 12: Where the Rainbows are Made

Chapter 12: Where the Rainbows are Made

In Maretime Bay, a rainbow magic is flying by as Zipp saw this and gasped before she quickly flew up and avoided it before she saw more rainbow magic is sucking all the rainbow colors out of some items like Rufus’s popsicle and a colt’s balloon.

Zipp followed the rainbow magics with a suspicious look as she turned a corner. “What is going on?” She questioned before she saw something that made her eyes widened. “Huh?!” She gasped when she saw the rainbow magic being sucked up into the clouds while a big rainbow was in the middle.

Dapple appeared with a gasp when he saw it too. “Somepony is stealing our rainbow unicorn magic!” He cried out.

“Somepony or something?” Zipp questioned as she took another look at the rainbows flying up, feeling like something else is stealing the rainbow magic before her phone vibrated as she answered it and saw Sunny and Sunset in facetime.

“Emergency meeting!” Sunset called out seriously.

“Everypony to the Crystal Room!” Sunny added with the same tone.

“NOW!” They both called with slight worry.


A little bit later, the rest of the Mane 7 entered the Crystal Room with the elevator before they saw the rainbow around the Unity Crystals being sucked up as well before they turned to Sunny, Sunset, and Misty. “Ponies, this is a disaster! All the rainbows are disappearing and we don’t know why!” Sunny cried out while gesturing to the rainbows flying up to the clouds.

“It just started happening as soon as the rainbows were being blasted to the sky! And this is really weird, even for rainbow magic standards!” Sunset exclaimed with a serious tone.

Zipp and Pipp then stepped into the balcony as they looked out to the sky where the rainbows were going as Zipp put on her visor. “It looks like they're all getting sucked up into that huge cloud.” Zipp said to them.

“Huh.” Pipp said with a hoof to her chin. “Looks kinda like…” She started.

Then the two sisters gasped in realization as they gasped before they smiled. “The place where rainbows are made!” THey said in unison with sparkles in their eyes.

The others were confused while Izzy smiled with sparkles in her eyes as well. “I'm sorry. The what?” Sunny asked in confusion.

“Yeah, because I’m drawing a blank on what you two just said.” Sunset said in agreement.

“It was a bedtime story Mom used to tell us.” Zipp started as Pipp nodded in agreement.. “Some giant cloud with a rainbow-making machine in the middle.” She said as they looked up to the rainbows being sucked to the cloud. “I never thought it was real.”

“The place that makes rainbows must be... taking them back?” Pipp theorizes in surprise while the others are surprised by this while Sunset gives a thoughtful look.

“Sounds to me that this machine might have a glitch in it.” Sunset theorizes. “I remember the rainbow factory on Cloudsdale when they made rainbows, and how Rainbow Dash used to work there, but a rainbow-making machine? That’s a new one.”

“Sounds like the Pegasi must’ve made one before the magic faded and before the division from Opaline.” Hitch commented.

“Make sense. Especially with so many rainbow magic around lately.” Sunny nodded in agreement before they turned to the Unity Crystals, which made a pulsation sound and a sphere shape in the middle of the rainbow beam, shocking the group. “And it looks like not even the crystal’s rainbow is safe!”

Zipp then gave a serious expression as she flew close to the rainbow with a determined smile. “Right! Come on, everypony! It's time to save some rainbows!” She declared as she flew into the rainbow beam. “Whoo-hoo!” She cheered as she disappeared.

“Okay.” Sunny said with a nervous smile as she gave a nervous laugh. “You're just jumping straight in there. Okay. Good. Let's go.” She said with a smile.

“Wait.” Sunset said with her hoof raised. “Before we go, I want to be cautious.” She said as her horn glowed and shot a magic beam on Sunny, Izzy, Hitch, and Misty as they glowed for a bit. “There we go. Now we can go.” She said with a smile.

“What did you do?” Misty asked in confusion.

“A little insurance on where we’re heading.” Sunset said with a smile. “Now let’s go!” She called as they all jumped into the portal as they all cheered with laughter through the rainbow portal stream.


(Is This a Dream? Song)

On the other side of the rainbow, the Mane 6 appeared through the cloud floor as they landed on the clouds, which they bounced on with smiles before they realized something. “Wait? We’re standing on clouds?” Hitch asked in surprise. “How are we not falling off them?!”

“That would be the spell I cast on you.” Sunset said with a smile. “Since only Pegasi and Alicorns or other winged creatures can walk on clouds, I casted the rest of you ponies the spell that will allow you all to walk on clouds.”

“Quick thinking, Sunset.” Sunny complimented with a smile.

Zipp was looking around with a thoughtful look. “According to the story, there's a hidden staircase that leads all the way to where the rainbows are made.” She said as she flew around and poke her head through some clouds.

“Hidden staircase? That's what I'm talking about!” Sunny said in excitement as Zipp appeared in front of her and Sunset. “Let's split up and—!” She tried to say before Zipp found a button that is shaped like a rainbow.

“Found it!” Zipp called with a smile as her friends crowded around her and she pressed the button as the cloud wall cleared out to reveal a staircase.

“Wow, you're really nailing it today.” Sunny complimented Zipp with a smile as Zipp smiled proudly.

“Well, time to find that rainbow maker.” Sunset declared as Zipp took the lead while the others followed with cheering and whooping in excitement.


(Pipp Petals)
Brighter and brighter and brighter

Zipp watched in awe with sparkles in her eyes with Pipp standing beside her as the two saw many cloud stairs with rainbows as they smiled and continued forward. Izzy then laughed as she ran forward and spun Pipp around as she tossed her in the air as she flew around with a laugh as the group continued on.

(Pipp and Zipp)
Magic, colorful moments, unlocking a new world


Is this for real or is this a dream?

Zipp flew through a cloud as she was in the air while the others were jumping on clouds while Zip was recording them with her phone.

Don't wake me up if this is a dream
Is this a dream?

Zipp was then suddenly hit by a cloud ball as she turned and saw her sister giving a mischievous smile while tossing a cloud ball. Zipp gave a challenging smirk as she threw a cloud ball as well.


(Is this a dream?)
(Is this a dream?)
(Is this a dream?)

The Mane 7 are then walking on cloud steps, while at different points as Izzy, Pipp, and Sunny was walking upside down, Hitch, Sparky, and Misty were walking on other steps normally while Sunset was walking sideways as the group met up and Zipp flew to them.

The Mane 7 then stopped when they saw the edge with multiple clouds as they all smiled and jumped over as they cheered.


A bit later, the Mane 7 kept going while Zipp was laughing before she stopped with her wings spread as they gave a startled scream before they saw a cyclone where all the rainbows were being sucked in. “Yikes. They definitely left this part out of the story.” Zipp said with a cringed look.

“Quick question: anyone want to go back to happy singing cloudy land?” Izzy asked with a nervous smile.

“Not if we want all the rainbows to stay, Izzy.” Sunset said with a serious tone. “Zipp, can you see what’s down there?”

“On it.” Zipp said as she put on her Z-Goggles and set it to X-Ray mode and looked and saw a machine at the center of the cyclone before zooming into a spot on it that had something in a clog. “It looks like something in the middle is blocked.” She informed them as she took off her goggles. “If I can just get past the storm, I'm sure I can unclog it.” She said.

“Are you sure it's safe?” Sunny asked in concern.

“Yeah, because that cyclone looks a bit dangerous and too rough, even for you.” Sunset added with the same expression.

Zipp gave a smirk as she flew up. “I'm a princess of a different kind. Always trying to figure out why. When my cutie mark comes to life, I blast bravely across the sky!” She declared as her Cutie Mark glowed and she flew into the cyclone.

“And there she goes.” Sunny said with a dull look.

Sunset sighed as she facehooved herself. “Sometimes, I think she has too much Rainbow Dash in her since she can’t always do things on her own.” She muttered.

“That’s my sister for ya.” Pipp commented in agreement.


Inside the cyclone, Zipp is fighting against the wind as hard as she could. “Come on! Come ooooon! Hah!” She called as she flew down harder and dodged some rainbows flying around as she kept going to the rainbow machine as thunder clashed, but then the machine created a boom, which sent Zipp back. “W-Whoa!” She cried out.

“Gotcha!” Pipp called out as she grabbed her sister’s hooves and held her from flying away. “You can't do this one on your own, sis!” She called with a determined smile.

Sunny and Sunset flew down, with Sunny in her Alicorn form, as the two then formed a barrier around them that blocked the strong wind as the three smiled. “We’re stronger and united, we work together as one, Zipp. Remember that.” Sunset said to her as Zipp gave a smile as she turned to her sister as she returned the gesture as the sister’s Cutie Marks glowed.

“Uh, a little help here! Please?!” Sunny called out as she struggled to block the rainbows that were hitting the shields.

“Right, sorry, Sunny!” Sunset apologized as she and the two royal sisters came up to her.

“Let's do this!” Zipp called with a determined smile.

“Together!” Pipp added with the same expression.

Sunset gave a determined smile before she turned to Sunny. “Let’s show this rainbow machine how sisters can handle its force!” She called as Sunny gave a smirk.

“You read my mind!” Sunny nodded with a determined smile as she blocked another rainbow and the four flying ponies then started moving towards the cyclone center as thunder clashed while dodging the rainbows.

The four then hit the center of the cyclone as they were fighting its force. “Keep going! Harder!” Sunset encouraged as she, Sunny, Zipp, and Pipp all gave yells as they pushed harder before they successfully burst through the cyclone as they entered the center as they landed on a cloud. “Yeah! That’s how it is done!” She cheered as she and Sunny shared a hooftap.

“Phew! Easy peasy!” Pipp said with a fling of her mane as she gave a laugh and a smirk before they saw the rainbow machine in front of them. “Um... now what?” She asked the three mares in confusion.

“We fix the rainbow machine, obviously.” Sunset said as she went forward and inspected the rainbow machine. “Mmm, well, I’m no rainbow maker like the Pegasi back in the old days, but every machine works fine, but I can’t tell what is wrong on the inside.” She said.

“I can help with that.” Zipp said as she took out her Z-Goggles again as she looked through the x-ray settings and saw a Pegasnail stuck in the pipe of the machine. “You're not gonna believe this.” She said with a smile as she reached her hoof down and pulled a bit before she managed to get the Pegasnail out of the machine. “Hey, buddy, you okay?” She asked in concern as the pegasnail puke out some rainbow.

“So that’s what’s the problem.” Sunset said with a chuckle. “Don’t worry, little guy. When we get you to Hitch, we're going to ask how you ended up flying so close to the rainbow making machine that you got sucked in." She said.

“Uh, Sunset, I’m right here.” Hitch’s voice called as he, Izzy, Sparky, and Misty are above them.

“Oh, right. Sorry, Hitch!” Sunset called out as the pegasnail flew around Zipp in gratitude.

“Ponies, look!” Sunny called as she pointed to the clouds as they then cleared up while the wind died down and the sun started shining again as the four mares smiled as the rainbows then flew around the sky as the rainbow machine started rattling as more rainbows started coming out of it.


(Pipp and Zipp)
Brighter and brighter and brighter

The rainbows then shot out from the clouds back into Maretime Bay as they shined through Equestria and the rainbow magic returned to their right place in Equestria.

A rainbow magic went into Dapple’s horn, which made him smile happily as his horn glowed. “Thank hoofness!” He cheered with a smile.

Rufus was staring sadly at his grey popsicle before rainbow magic hit it, causing it to regain its rainbow colors as he smiled and ate it happily. “Mm-mm-mm! Yummy!” He cheered.


Sunset, Sunny, Zipp, and Pipp all looked at the rainbow machine with smiles as it made more rainbows as Zipp turned to her friends. “There's no way I could've done this on my own.” She said with a smile as her friends smiled in return.

“What are friends for, Zipp? We look out and always watch each other's backs.” Sunset said with a smile as Zipp returned the gesture and walked up to them with her hooves around them.

“Thanks, ponies.” Zipp said as she brought them in a group hug as they all kept it for a moment.

(Pipp and Zipp)
Is this a dream?

They then saw Misty, Sparky, and Hitch waving to them while Izzy is hopping on the clouds while humming happily. “This is more like it!” Izzy cheered while waving some clouds around.

They then landed on the cloud with the others before it split apart as Hitch, Sparky, and Misty looked down. “Whoa-ho-ho! We're so high up!” Misty called with a nervous look at seeing how high they were in the clouds above Maretime Bay. “How are we gonna get back down?” She asked the others while Hitch was also nervous.

“Yeah. Even with all of us, we’re too high up for the others to fly down.” Sunset noted while rubbing her head. “Even we have limits. And since the rainbow in the Brighthouse is only a one way ticket to the clouds, we need another means to get back down.”

Zipp thinks for a moment before she sees some rainbows flying around as she smirks. “Leave that to me.” She said to them as she gave them a wink.


A bit later, the Mane 7 are flying down back to Maretime Bay on rainbows like sleds as the mares and Sparky cheered in excitement while Hitch gave a frightful look as they cheered and flew around in the sky on rainbows back down to their hometown after fixing the rainbow making machine and bringing back the rainbows.

End of Chapter 12.