• Published 4th May 2024
  • 125 Views, 7 Comments

A Sour Hearth's Warming Breeze - Digi Sprites

  • ...
 7
 125

Sibling Trouble

"Hey uh... thanks for-"

"Don't care."

"Well sorry for showing gratitude."

The mare continued to walk ahead with the plush in her mouth, ignoring everything Zephyr was saying.

"You see- uh- nopony really stands up for-"

"I wasn't standing up for you." Limestone replied bluntly, "I don't really care if you fall down a ditch or something."

"Wha- but... but you almost killed that guy!"

"Because he was being unfair."

"T-to me... right?"

The mare looked back; the plush still in her mouth, raising an eyebrow. The pegasus groaned, "Right- you wanted that dumb rock."

He sighed, "Why exactly do you need that thing?"

"..."

"Well? You're not gonna leave me hanging, are you?"

She continued walking, not saying a word.

Suddenly, the pegasus had an idea, and flew over in front of her.

"It'd be rude of me to let a mare like yourself carry weight. Why don't you give that to me?" he grinned smugly.

"No thanks. I'm good." Limestone replied nonchalantly; but after making sure he couldn't see her face, she scoffed to herself.

He's such a loser.

Meanwhile;

What does she want from me!? Ugh! Mares are so hard to read!

Zephyr cleared his throat, "Ahem, it seems you're clearly just- uh- busy... so- I'll just- leave you be."

He stepped back, waiting for her to notice.

No response.

He stepped back again.

Nothing.

He began to flap his wings.

Nope.

"S-see ya around... I guess..." the stallion finally decided to leave... and hide in a tree, covered with snow thanks to the weather.

Limestone looked behind her.

Huh... he actually left.

She placed her "gift" on the snow.

Did I go too far?

She scoffed.

Nah.

The mare picked up the plush again and continued heading back to Sugarcube Corner. When she was finally out of reach, Zephyr put down his binoculars and sighed.

"Heya Zephyr!"

The pegasus jumped and almost fell out of the tree, if his hoof wasn't stuck between the branches.

"Ugh... what do you want, Sprinkles."

"Pinkie! And why are you upside down? Are you a bat?" the pink mare giggled, "This is Hearth's Warming Eve! Not Nightmare Night, silly!"

"Can you at least help me get-" the branch cracked, causing him to fall on his face, "-down..."

"But you're already down!"

"No shit, Cupcake."

"Aaaanyway... have you seen my sister? She's about this tall, has earmuffs about this wide and-"

"No, no I have not." he sat up and brushed off the snow off his coat.

"Really? huh... I swear I saw Limey go through here..."

Zephyr paused, "H-hang on... Limey? "

"Mhm!"

"Can you... elaborate?"

"What's there to elaborate about Limestone? She's short, grumpy..."

Huh... guess Spike wasn't lying.

"...aggressive, quiet, short-"

"She went that way." he pointed to the path that leads to Sugarcube Corner.

"Oh, thanks!" she bounced away in said direction.

"W-wait... didn't you just come from-"

"Byeeee!"

"...nevermind."


"Oh... I'm really sorry if he made you uncomfortable... He's not very good with boundaries..."

"Why does everypony keep saying that? He seems fine to me."

During her walk, the gray mare had come across Fluttershy, little did she know-

"You're his sister?"

The yellow pegasus nodded, "And if there's anything you want me to say to him, let me know." she smiled, a bit intimidated by Limestone's gaze.

"Right... do you know where he is? He disappeared while we were talking and hasn't shown up yet."

Fluttershy's eyes widened, "Oh there's no reason for that! Haha... l-like I said- n-no need to attack him, I-I'll talk to him."

Thanks to Applejack, Fluttershy had known about the mare's attitude and roughness. From her perspective, it felt as if she was going to beat her brother to a pulp.

This made Limestone more confused, "What in Equestria did that stallion do!? First the rainbow one tells me I shouldn't waste my time with him, now you're saying he's a bad person?"

"Nonono! You misunderstand! Z-zephyr is... well... uhm... how do I say this... full of himself? I-I'm sorry if he made you mad or... anything..."

"He got me this cool rock."

"He did?"

"Yeah."

"Oh... then... why were you looking for him?"

"Because I-"

"I hope you're treating my sister with kindness." a familiar voice spoke up, "I'm honestly surprised why Pinkie hasn't found you yet."

"Pinkie? Don't tell me-"

"Yes... Limey, she's looking for you."

"Don't you dare call me that."

Fluttershy spoke up, "I-if I'm not... interrupting... h-how did you find us before Pinkie Pie?"

"I have my ways." He smirked.

"Ugh, now I see why half the town hates you."

"Oh please, just say it already."

"it already." the mare spoke up, annoyed.

"Not... literally-" he groaned, "I was talking about your obsession with me."

Limestone blushed, "I am NOT obsessed with you!"

"Uhm... Zephyr... maybe you should-"

"Oh really? Then why were you trying to find me just now?" he teased, a cocky grin on his face.

"B-because I- uh-"

"LIMESTONE PIE!!!"

"Oh, thank Celestia." as if out of no where, a pink hurricane came by along with the disappearance of Limestone.

"Hey! We were still-" the hurricane disappeared, "-talking..."

Zephyr felt a tug on his tail, and met the eyes of a very disappointed Fluttershy.

"Zephyr Breeze, we need to talk."

He gulped and forced a smile, "S-sure thing, sis! W-what seems to be the problem?"

"Can you... explain what exactly you've been up to today?"

"I- well... nothing of interest."

"Then why was Pinkie's sister looking for you?"

"Oh you know." He smirked, "About time a mare realized my talents."

The yellow mare raised an eyebrow.

"A-after you of course... hehe..."

"Anything else?"

"Oh nothing... just that she's the most beautiful mare in equestria and the fact that we met today is a sign for Celestia herself!"

"Zephyr, we talked about this."

"What do you mean?"

"Last Hearth's Warming Eve, you bumped into Cheerilee and didn't let the poor thing go until she knocked you out with that golf club."

"I- well- yes but- that was last year! I'm practically a whole new pony now!"

"You say that every day." she spoke up, anamused.

"Besides! I promised myself I wouldn't bother her if she didn't have any interest in me."

"No offense, brother, but you really need to -"

"Need to what, huh?" the stallion spoke with an angry tone, "Need to get a job? Got it."

"I-"

"Need to live on my own? I have an apartment."

"But-"

"Need to believe in myself I can do better? It's hard as HELL but I try my best!"

"O-okay, y-you can-"

"Need to force myself to wake up at early hours of the day to go pick up lotion from the fancy store outside of ponyville because Lotus keeps forgetting to get them every. single. day? Well guess what? I do that too! What more do you ponies want from me!?"

"Zephyr..."

"Is it so selfish of me to have a simple crush on a simple mare that I'll probably never be able to see again!?"

At this point, he had completely broken down, his lip quivering and tears down his eyes, "I've just- tried to do everything I can... I really have..."

"Is this about mom and dad?"

He looked away, "I-I was never able to make them proud. N-not that it matters now."

The mare wrapped him in a hug, "It's okay... Zephyr... I'm always going to be here for you."

He hugged back, "P-promise?"

"Promise."

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking too long guys
mbad

Comments ( 1 )

Ok that is something so apparently limestone is sort of playing hard to get with zephyr and also Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy wondering what was going on between those two and Fluttershy was the one who asked and yeah he admitted but he also want to try his best any felt really discourage and upset about this whole situation and it's sweet that Fluttershy is still going to be there for him I wonder what Pinkie Pie is going to say to Limestone I guess we'll find out next time

Login or register to comment