Austraeoh 773 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I realized I wasn’t very clear of it the first time when I asked about scene depictions.

Imagine that you are a cinematographer (or an animator), and you are directing(animating) a scene of this book series. For any scene of the series to your liking, how you would film(animate) it? For example, what type of shots would you use. What sequences, and what camera angles? Et cetera, et cetera.

For instance, this chapter https://www.fimfiction.net/story/254555/107/ynanhluutr/a-pictures-worth-a-thousand-trusts
Chapter 107.

During the conversation, when Rainbow turns outwards and puts her chin on the railing before talking about herself, the camera starts off in an outwards shot of the balcony railing off the side by a foot or two, just a few feet before Rainbow Dash. (In this scene, I imagine the balcony going to the left from the patio door leading inside. Theamin mane is a time the left end and R.D. Is to the right, and they are few feet apart, but the camera depicts them being side-to-side to convey a close and somewhat personal conversation). Then, from then on until Theamin finishes his monologue (before he passes the camera on to her), the camera slowly moves forward in the direction of Theamin Mane. After Rainbow Dash finishes her monologue, the camera would show her in the foreground of the shot while Theamin Mane would be a bit more in the background. Then, when Theamin Mane does *his* monologue, the camera continues to zoom in (to imply that the conversation is leading up to something while also implying that Theamin is running out of any other options in this scenario) until it stops just when Theamin is in the foreground now and he is in close shot.

Then afterwards, some switching camera positions between Theamin and Rainbow’s point of view before the camera then shows the two in a frontal shot of the balcony with both of them at different ends of the view. This is when Theamin tells Rainbow that he’s giving his camera to her, where the camera shot shows some mutual understanding in the situation that he needs to partake in.

However, I’m no expert in cinematography, but i’m curious in how you guys would depict the scenes.

Future Regret
Group Contributor

The stories got two modes- the original Australopithecus feel and the frantic companionship feel. For the former think some 2001 space odyssey shots could be pretty cool to show just how long she’s alone.

I haven’t seen 2001 Space Odyssey, so I do not have a firm idea of how Kubrick filmed this movie.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4