The Accusation Fic Collection 1,049 members · 2,017 stories
Comments ( 44 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 44

We may have a plethora of fanfics in this group already, so perhaps we can discuss what kind of accusations they are. Here are the types I've come up with for sorting.

Underrated
First, there's the underrated kinds. These are obviously the kinds of accusation fics we need a lot more of and on rare occasions we can't get enough of. In some cases, these tend to include "A Canterlot Wedding", "Ponyville Confidential", and "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" accusation fics, but sometimes, they'll move higher up the color wheel because if they're done too often, we're more likely to get tired of them.

Average
These are plain, ordinary accusation fan fics that stay in the moderate zone. They're neither underrated nor overrated and they tend to come and go decently. Smooth sailing, easy reading, all that stuff.

Overrated
This is the point where accusation fics of certain subject matter have overstayed their welcome. We've seen them done a bajillion times, so it gets to the point where they can't be taken seriously. But sometimes, if accusations fics end up here, it's possible for the tension to die down after a while, and so every once in a while, the subject can be brought up again.

What Is This? I Don't Even...
At this stage, accusation fics have little to no credibility. This is for fics that don't make any sense, or less than no sense. They're usually spawned from subjects that we simply choose to get mad over before we even look into a deeper meaning. Examples include Spike on the ice block from "Winter Wrap-Up" or his absence in "Maud Pie". Nothing of those instances was explained any further, so we can't just assume Spike was left out as a means of being a Butt Monkey or something.

NOT WARRANTED
Finally, because red usually means stop, this is for fan fiction in which accusations are, what the title says, not warranted. This includes subjects not worth bringing up or just done to death so many times that we have to scream "Enough is enough!" Examples include Discord's betrayal accusation fics and any that focus on directing hate towards Starlight Glimmer, meaning fan fiction capable of driving unnecessary hate to her or any other character that deserves way less than what we give her. These include any fan fiction that shouldn't even be an accusation fan fic, but it is. And that's so we know not to follow those examples.

So now, feel free to list any Accusation Fics we currently have and I'll have a quick look and see where they might belong. Maybe this could be a fun little activity that a few users can take part in.

I've read a couple of "Newbie Dash" fics that didn't even involve Rainbow Dash yet still touched the idea that nicknames can still have a damaging effect on their psyche.

I feel as though "A Canterlot Wedding" belongs in the red zone since there's SO BUCKING MANY OF THEM!!! I mean I know it's bad, but come on! There are so many other episodes to tear into!

Comment posted by Humanity deleted Jul 2nd, 2021

We need more Ponyville Confidential accusations, so far there's only like 3 accusation fics of it.

Actually, that's more orange, and I'll tell you why. Accusations against what happened in "A Canterlot Wedding" are in fact warranted because what Twilight's friends did to her was unforgivable, putting two total strangers ahead of her. This would have worked in the episode had the bride and groom been total strangers and not ponies that Twilight already knew. So, sorry, but I think you're missing the point of what I said about the red zone.

Then they'd be considered either Underrated or Average.

We need more Ponyville Confidential accusations, so far there's only like 3 accusation fics of it.

Really? I could have sworn there were more. But then again, I myself do not have time to scour this entire site.

You know, I feel like some of us didn't read fully and thoroughly how I started off this thread, so I'll go back and highlight some stuff I think people either ignored deliberately or just plain skipped.

These are obviously the kinds of accusation fics we need a lot more of and on rare occasions we can't get enough of. In some cases, these tend to include "A Canterlot Wedding", "Ponyville Confidential", and "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well" accusation fics

This is the point where accusation fics of certain subject matter have overstayed their welcome. We've seen them done a bajillion times, so it gets to the point where they can't be taken seriously. But sometimes, if accusations fics end up here, it's possible for the tension to die down after a while

I'm just saying, there are so many stories about that one episode, it makes me wanna say: Stop. Just, stop it.

I understand, but "A Canterlot Wedding" really can't go much higher than Overrated in the long run. Users will most likely continue to make accusation fics because they are warranted and maybe they haven't done one before. Yeah, I said orange before, but I take that back. "A Canterlot Wedding" actually makes sense to have accusation material and I did say that there are circumstances in which you either can't get enough of them or you get too many of them.

Comment posted by LightningSword deleted Jul 2nd, 2021

At the risk of digressing, how do you suppose Tirek won Discord over so easily?

Probably because the only one that ever actually offered him friendship from the start was Fluttershy. Let's face it; the rest of the Mane Six had never made any attempt to get to know Discord or even see him as anything more than a nuisance. If I remember correctly, Applejack herself once stated that they found him more annoying now that he was "reformed". It's all too obvious that the promise of friendship was meant as a leash to keep Discord from turning Equestria into his own veritable land of chaos again. They figured that so long as Fluttershy was there, no more of them had to be nice or even civil to Discord. And even with that, Discord still didn't ever get to be himself; being a spirit of chaos, he does what he does because it's what he was born to do. Tirek stated that Discord had "no freedom"...and he was right. I mean, you can see in "Princess Twilight Sparkle" just how trigger happy Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash were to use the Elements on him....

Even now, can we say that any of the other Element bearers have gone out of their way to have tea with both Fluttershy and Discord? Sure, they aren't as hostile to him as they were before his betrayal with Tirek, but there does still seem to be a fair bit of distance. Not unwarranted, mind you, but still noticeable.

Actually I was asking Lighting up there, but you have proved the point that Twilight's "thought friendship meant something to him" is hypocritical.

Much of that is Discord's own fault. For him to want more after he ruined his own chances at making peace with the rest of the Six shows an entitlement streak that we see in full view in "Make New Friends but Keep Discord". That's the episode, mind you, that he felt he was exclusively entitled to the friendship of the same pony he put into a cage in the last season.

As far as I'm concerned, Discord had no right to expect anything more than the treatment he was given, because he made no attempt to be deserving of the chance he'd been given. It was on him to show he was worthy of being free, and until then, the Mane Six are under no obligation to see him as anything other than a nuisance. He should be a statue right now, and the only thing that prevented that is Fluttershy's naivete (and I love Fluttershy with all my heart, but she is just too damned forgiving). Since he was freed, he thought it more fun to do what he wants and push the boundaries instead of actually being worth a damn. I had no pity for him, I did not feel for him in "Make New Friends" (in fact, I found his "Fluttershy abandoned me" bullshit infuriating), and I feel as though he has not improved in the slightest since then.

"Discordant Harmony" be damned.

Oh, I'm sorry. I just thought it was a question open to everyone. And what else is new? Let's face facts; ponies are slowly becoming more known for their hypocrisy than for their "friendship" in the fandom.

I reiterate:

"Discordant Harmony" be damned.

And in any case, would he have taken those measures for anypony else? I think not. In "To Where and Back Again", he proved he'd let the rest of them die if it meant Fluttershy wasn't involved.

Basically, fuck Discord. :ajbemused:

Because Fluttershy was the only pony who gave him a chance. Even Celestia who was the mare who thought up the plan to have him "reformed" didn't give him the time of day

Then again, Fluttershy was the only one who believed in him so him leaving the rest behind makes sense to me.

Again, is he worth the time of day? Has he put in the effort to be that worthy? No, he hasn't. If he wants to be seen in a better light, that's on him, not them. Fluttershy only sees him differently because she's so damned naive (and again, I love her to death), and he's done nothing but alienate the others. If he wants more from them, the ball's in his court. And it's up to him whether he doesn't turn the ball into a mutant hedgehog or whatever shit he does.

Was she "so damned naive" in the entirety of the animal sanctuary episode?

What about it?

Are you sure it's an entitlement streak? Because I don't think that's what it is. Discord had no idea about friendship whatsoever; I don't think it's entitlement that drove him to do those things, but a genuine lack of knowledge as to how friendship works. You don't expect someone who just started learning a new language to speak it fluently in a few weeks, do you? It's the same thing with Discord. He has to be taught how friendship works, not just thrown out into the orderly world of Equestria to fend for himself! But instead of teaching him about friendship, the Mane Six just figured his friendship with Fluttershy was enough for him to grasp the entire fundamentals of, despite the fact, that they sent friendship lessons to Celestia for a good number of seasons.

And let's face it, the Mane Six aren't exactly the paragons of friendship either. Things that Discord has done....are on par with some shit that they have pulled. "What about Discord" is a good example; Discord isolated Twilight on purpose as he got closer to her friends to teach her a lesson about jealousy. Wrong, but something we've seen before with the Mane Six. Now where can we find an instance of manipulating events around a specific pony to teach them a lesson? Oh, I know! "Mysterious Mare-Do-Well"!

Eh just wanted to see if I wasn't alone on Discord having truly developed in there. But I don't see why he didn't dress up as MMDW in the episode you're referring to.

Is she so damned naive that she continuously lets Rainbow Dash abuse her like in "28 Pranks Later" and keeps forgiving her for it?

Yes. Yes, she is.

I never said the Six were blameless. They took the attention you think they should have paid to Discord, and paid it to Starlight, an equally culpable villain, with nothing discernible between them aside from species and gender.

Besides, in both cases, the villains had to prove they were willing to be worthy. It's not about whether they can learn friendship. It's about whether they were willing to put forth the effort. Neither were willing to put forth any effort (Discord thinks friendship amounts to "Does Fluttershy still tolerate me?", and Starlight thinks friendship amounts to "use obscenely powerful magic to get what I want for the 40 millionth time"). Neither of them took initiative to prove they were anything more than what they already were: untrustworthy malefactors that should, by all accounts, be sharing a cot with Tirek in Hell.

Oh no, I totally agree that he has grown because of what that episode showed. He's grasped what friendship is, to the point that he's actually worried about losing Fluttershy because of their differences and was willing to stop. being. chaotic. to keep her as his friend.

Most likely answer? The writers didn't think of it.

Does that mean Fluttershy never took part in the zombie prank or tried to talk Dashie out of pranking?
So when they went to rescue the top honchos from Chrysalis, that was just "putting forth an effort"?

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

If Dash had been sincere the first time she said "sorry", a amjority of Dash's bullshit would not have happened )the Crystal Joust, dragging Flutters out of bed for cider, trading her away for a book, laughing at her attempts to join Nightmare Night, etc.

It sounds like you see RD as just an abusive jerk and nothing more, when that's far from the truth. RD never "kept abusing her" as you put it, as most of the points you bought up are either blown out of proportion or just false.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Her good points outweigh her bad.

The Crystal Empire with thing was a bit of a dick move on her part, but at the moment everyone else was too busy, and considering the Evil Emperor was literally on the Empire's doorstep and the only thing stopping him was keeping the rest of the Empire happy she had to work with what she had.

The cider thing? She assumed that she was up early enough to get them both their first, she probably took her along with her so they can both have some, she just failed to account for others camping out there.

And the book thing was a heat of the moment situation brought on by spending the entire DAY just searching for something to trade, the second she realized what she'd done she realized she was wrong and INSTANTLY tried to fix it, you only get to complain about that if she'd done it at the start of the episode.

And the Halloween thing? That was more of a casual jab than an actual mocking laugh, and considering she's known for being a total shut-in on the specific night, I'd say it was more out of amused surprise than actual jerkery.

And considering Fluttershy for all intents and purposes dragged her into that butterfly migration, she at least owes her. Friendship is about give and take.

You're describing her as a straight-up BULLY. I don't think I need to remind you why her Sonic Rainboom was made possible: SHE WAS DEFENDING HER FRIEND FROM A GROUP OF BULLIES.

And the second time she did it? To save Rarity, even after how insensitive she was being, any real abusive jerk would've let her drop and continue their routine.

As for the other good points she displayed, example the time she at the very least tried to pep talk Fluttershy during Hurricane Fluttershy? Or are you just going to ignore that too? And then when they failed to break the record, did she complain about it? Did she tell them that was because of them that they wouldn't break the record? No, she simply put back on her goggles and pointed out that Cloudsdale needed that water, the record be damned. And then after that she openly attributed most of the success to Fluttershy despite her miniscule contribution, why? Because she knew she worked to pull through and acknowledged that.

And let's not forget when she took Scootaloo under her wing and even pointed out to the CMC how abandoning a teammate isn't the way to go and flew them all the way back to Ponyville just to convince Scootaloo to join them, even given her some pep talk when she was feeling down about her inability to fly.

Oh, and there's also the point where she QUIT THE WONDERBOLTS when they turned a blind eye to a Cadet putting her friends in danger. Let me remind you, becoming a Wonderbolt is her dream, the fact that she was willing to completely throw that away just for her friends says more than enough.

I'm not just trying to argue, I'm pointing out that Rainbow Dash is better than you give her credit for. And the fact that you're simply focusing on her negative aspects shows that you don't see that.

You're right, the proof is in the episode, or rather several episodes, and they show that RD's good traits fully outweigh her bad ones.

Another thread, another fight. Both of you stop. If you don't want the admin to come here and get the drop on you two, you'll cool it.

Dash has good points, but they are outweighed by the bad.

For the time being, I will see this as just something you're using to create your own anger, and that's not why this series or any kids' show should exist. User Alphamon wins this argument hands down because until I hear of a major driving point, Rainbow Dash has yet to drop in character development contrary to characters like Applejack, Maud Pie, and Granny Smith, who have in fact lost my respect.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Okay I'll cool it, I've already made my point anyway....

Of course you did. And sorry you're getting all these down votes. You don't deserve to go through what's been plaguing me too.

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

Meh, I don't really care about the down-votes. I just pride myself in seeing the positive and negative in all characters, not just the ones I feel like acknowledging.

At the risk of digressing, how do you suppose Tirek won Discord over so easily?

Discord thinks friendship amounts to "Does Fluttershy still tolerate me?"

You pretty much said why he thought this.

They took the attention you think they should have paid to Discord, and paid it to Starlight, an equally culpable villain, with nothing discernible between them aside from species and gender.

It's not about whether they can learn friendship. It's about whether they were willing to put forth the effort. Neither were willing to put forth any effort

Alright, pick one side or the other before you argue with anyone else. And please, try to stick to this thread's topic. We need accusation fics so I can help and see if their subject matter is worth the writing.

That's good. I should try that.

Not impressed. If you want to live with what you think of Rainbow Dash, be my guest. But on this thread, keep it to yourself. Again, this is not the thread for stating a million of your so-called points on why Rainbow Dash deserves to be degraded. For God's sake, make your own thread on that or I'm calling the admin!

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

If anyone has a bias point of view it's you, and since I'm not in the mood to turn this into a specticle, I'll make this quick:

Hurricane Fluttershy wasn't about her guilt-tripping her into doing it, she was telling her that she shouldn't have let a bunch of bullies said and make her feel inadequate. She gave her a congratulatory pat on the back because she was proud of her working past her own fears, doesn't count as her taking credit for what she did. If that were the case then she would have said to Spitfire that she taught Fluttershy everything she knows, did she gave full credit to Fluttershy for her efforts.

As for the dragon migration, last I checked she was perfectly capable of talking down a dragon before, not too mention the fact that Twi has Shield spells just in case.

Staying with the Wonderbolts doesn't nullify her actions. And actually shows that she has more tolerance for it, and even then it was clear that the Wonderbolts were just hazing her, a lot of organizations tend to do that.

Rainbow Dash was going too fast to notice that she fell, not to mention there were several other pegasi that could have caught her but didn't. So singling her out is not only unfair but also petty.

Rainbow Dash is not a bully.

Also don't put "null" st the end of your statements just to pretend it makes you automatically right.

Once again, the one who's making excuses as you, is it about that you're so desperate that you need to cherry-picking only two episodes and immediately use them as an excuse to claim she hasn't changed at all pretty much confirms that.

No, they're poorly-written cuz you want them to be, because you want to keep hating them. Sleeping at the very least acknowledge the positives and the negatives of the characters and see which outweighs what. And In Rainbows case for positives far exceed her negatives.

At this point, you just looking for an excuse to throw a tantrum. You accuse us of deluding ourselves into liking her even though she's shown time and time again how good of a character she is. Not to mention that you ignored several of the facts I brought up in favor of just focusing on more negative aspects.

RD is a good character, you just hate her too much to acknowledge it.

Psyga315
Group Admin

Cooldown mode activate.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 44