Equestria Girls Fics 3,771 members · 12,162 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Here’s the thing, I’m having a creative block with one of the OCs in my fanfiction Tommy Gunpoint. Specifically, its main antagonist. The titular protagonist is supposed to be the son of Loose Cannon, a mob boss who runs an organized crime syndicate called “The Firearm Family”, and is subjected to a full decade of abuse at the hands of his own father since he was 5 years old. Here’s a rundown of Tommy’s trauma:

Financial Instability
Home Violence
Improper Guidance
Lack of Supervision
Mental Abuse
Physical Abuse
Main Cause: Mob Gang Surrounding
Byproducts:
[Acute] Insomnia
Anxiety
Burnout
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Restlessness

After looking over this list time and again, a question came to my mind: What would this trauma make Loose Cannon seem like? Which leads me to where I am now. (P.S. Loose Cannon is the main antagonist, just so you know. P.P.S. Don’t think for a second that all this abuse will result in Tommy committing suicide; he has an iron will (no pun intended), much like his mother, Eagle Vision, which is why he lasted so long)

I feel like with his name being Loose Cannon you could have his character be cool and calm not one to easily get under since you said he has an iron will to him. However, if someone or something were to push him beyond a certain point his name comes into the equation and he seemingly explodes like a loose cannon. Almost think of it as a mixture of Todoroki and Bakugo from My Hero Academia. Todoroki is cool and calm but if pissed off enough you get Bakugo. Just an idea obviously it's your character and you can do whatever you'd like and think is best for the story

Maybe you haven't considered this, but have you tried rationalised Loose's parents? Did they do the same exact thing that he is currently doing to his son?

He might not have taken a step back and did any introspection. If Loose were Tommy's age and experience the same thing, would he break upon realisation or would he be completely irredeemable?

Loose Cannon could have once been like Tommy Gunpoint; a colt subjected by power.

Or rather, this is who Tommy Gunpoint could become like, the one who is addicted to power. Like father like son.

Sounds like you got darkness induced audience apathy so badly it affected the author, not just the audience.

Tommy’s the one with the iron will, not Loose

Come to think of it, I didn’t actually think too much on Loose Cannon’s past; I was thinking of giving him a past that’s somewhat like Tony Montana’s from Scarface (1983)

Not entirely, this is just Tommy’s dark past, but once I write the story, you’ll see his life will get better regardless of what happened to him

Don’t worry about it, these things can happen to anyone

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9