A For Effort 1,010 members · 279 stories
Comments ( 92 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 92

Name: Lyna Brushstroke. Nice to meet you.
Nationality: Secret :trollestia:
Why I Joined: Well I would like some feedback on my stories... But I joined to meet some awesome people, read new stories, and see what everyone in this group has to offer.

Congrats!

hey I'm jeremy1555, I'm looking to get a some reviews hopefully I'll get some

1101887 im f1utt3rshy
im british
to better myself and others

Name: Dusk Raven
Why I joined: A certain reviewer, who shall remain unnamed, had a blog post that advertised this group and threatened violence if I didn't join. :pinkiegasp:
In all seriousness, I was hoping to get some feedback on my stories... no problem with me posting them, right?

Name: Mr. Album
Nationality: Alaskan. Sure, Alaska's a separate state, but it might as well be its own sovereign nation from the US of A :ajsmug:
Why I Joined: Been trying to find an audience for my story My Little Poem. Haven't had much time to write, so I devoted what little time I had to promoting this story. I figured coming here would help towards that :twilightsmile:.

We are the Esoteric Order of Smooze. We are legion. We are immortal and we are young. We cross national boundaries with no concern, for what is a country before the might of Lord Smooze?

We have joined this group to proliferate the might of Lord Smooze and to assimilate its members into the gelatinous folds of Smooze's embrace. All who submit shall be enlightened and made better for it. As for the rest...

Name: Batbrony

Nationality: American (got me some German, Polish, Russian, Lithuanian ancestry, etc.)

Why I Joined: Seemed like a good way to get my story out there, plus it seems like a stand up group. Also would like to delve the archives and check out some other under-appreciated stories, since I know there are plenty of authors out there in the same boat as I am, who've written stories that they feel deserve more attention. Can't wait to check some of your guys's work out! :raritystarry:

Fun Fact: I'm a history major, and wrote my senior thesis last spring over the evolution of the Western Film genre from the 1950s onward. Watch dozens of Westerns all semester, finished the 60+ page thesis with 30 minutes to spare, and got department honors: it was one of the most terrifying and exhilarating experiences of my life!!! :rainbowwild:

Name: Secrios

Nationality: UK

Why I joined: For positive attention to fuel my ever hungry ego.

Side notes:
I'm really new to this site and group and I insist you go easy on me.
I have worked really hard on my first story The Bacon Trade and I hope you enjoy it (And support it with up-votes). :pinkiehappy:

Name: Razalon

Nationality: ???

Why I joined: Because all authors want constructive feedback on their stories.

Fun Fact: I'm not even human, as you can see by the (sexy) lizard pic to the left of this introduction.

Yo Just joined the group! Here's my intro!

Name: Danail Marinov
Nationality: Bulgarian
Why I Joined: Well I'm getting very little attention, very low feedback and many downvotes I deem as inappropriate dislikes on my story Pinkie Pie and the Warrior lady. It's a Dragon Ball Zee crossover with a Saiyan OC. So since this group on which I stumbled upon seems very serious about what it's all about I decided to join. :pinkiehappy:

Name:Hunter96
State of Residence: New Hapshire of America
Why I Joined: I like to get likes and comments
Fun Fact: I have a ten year old stalker who thinks I'm doctor who.

Name: SlimeKing

Nationality: Unknown

Why I joined: Anything to boost my self-confidence

Funfact: I'm pretty sure that my story has a mind of its own

Name: Phenoix12

Nationality: American

Why I joined: To try to get some more feedback on my work

Fun Fact: I once had a dream in which I was Twilight Sparkle

Once I finish the round of revisions on my first story I shall post it here post-haste

Hello. I confess this is the first time I've properly introduced myself anywhere, so this should be fun.

Name: HazardPony
Age: 19, but sometimes I feel like I'm 50, and I act like I'm 10. You do the math.
Nationality: Scottish
Why I'm here? There are many reasons. The first is that the group sounds fun. The second is I like feedback, and I want more. The third is that I kind of want to contribute somehow to the community, and be a more active user. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do that, but this sounded like a helpful group, and I'd like to be a part of that. The fourth is I want more attention for some of my stories.
Fun fact: I destroyed a mirror with a broadsword, and I can make it rain in the Mojave desert. Don't ask me how.

I write mystery stories, AppleDash shipping, and stories I would generally call unclassifiable.

Name: Roranicus,
Nationality: I'll give you a hint, we have maple syrup and we say "sorry" a lot.
Why I'm here: I recently published my first fic here, on Fimfiction and recently realized that 3 months worth of work including tons of rewrites won't necessarily give me visibility. I saw the group and here I am, hopefully I can get some decent feedback so I can improve and a few extra views. My one story so far is a dark political fic with sad undertones, but I might also try my hand at more slice of life fics. I also enjoy writing mysteries.

Well, here goes . . . .

Name: LightningSword

Why I joined: I've been told that my stories are well-written and don't get enough attention. I'm hoping this group will help in that regard. I'm also working on being able to take criticism; I won't lie, since I've been here, I've taken some not-so-kind words, so it's not easy for me. But whatever you guys have to say about my stories, no matter how painful it might be, I'll do my best to take it in stride.

And now, a question: do I have to submit only one story at a time? Or can I submit all of my stories at once?

Thanks for the help. And thanks for having me. :twilightsmile:

Name: Lost Marbles

Nationality: 'MuriCAN

Why I joined: I made a story. Got downvotes but no one told me why. Scratched it and started over from the beginning with an editor. Now I feel it is much better, but the downvotes are still there, haunting me. They're in my dreams. There in my every waking thought. They're in my breakfast cereal. I want to CRUSH THEM! Help me!:raritydespair:

Name: Jek (Dragonjek's fine, though)
Why I Joined: I thought this looked like a nice idea for a group, and I figured I could find some good stories here. And of course, once I published a story I would like for it to be more widely read (which means showing up in groups) and to get some good, strong, helpful criticism, which groups also help with (that reviewing is part of the submission process here is very helpful with that, I think).

Name: xxlonewolf50
Why I joined: Because I felt like my story has been lost in the infinite sea of new stories. I also felt like helping other users out by reviewing their stories.

Name: Trash Boat
Nationality: Super Secret
Why I Joined: Meh. For the same reason a lot of people probably joined: to have their work reviewed.

Name: Keam, Daffodil, Daff, that weird Swedish female
Sex: Female (seriously, please do not take me for a male)
Nationality: Swedish
Why I joined: Umm...because I'm addicted to joining groups and probably some more reason I don't remember.
Why you should befriend me: Because you can always PM no matter what and I'll listen if you need that, give advice if you want that and just be a good (and silly) conversation partner if you want that.

Name: Winterman
Nationality: I won't tell you, just know that I'm Asian.
Why I Joined: I want an actual review of my story. So, I can know how you feel about it and boost me to continue writing it.

1101887 Name: you all can see it:ajbemused:
Nationality: Jeremese
Why I joined: this is why

Name: RayCon [Or Sage in the real world]
Why I joined: I wanted to join just because I need some input for some stories that I'm writing. I don't mind bad karma or downvotes. I really just want to be accepted. :applejackunsure:

RayCon

Name: Raziel Lupercal
Nationality: American I suppose
Why I joined: A mix fore most being a need for criticism on my story as a dislike doesn't tell me what I am doing wrong does a like tell me what I am doing right.
Fun Fact: I am a lover of mythology, theology, history, psychology, and philosophy. Also I am a proud DM, game master, story teller, and and bunch more of a multitude of role playing games. These include Black Crusade, GURPS, Dark Heresy, Cthulhu Tech, Shadow Run, Call of Cthulhu, Mage the Ascension, Hunter the Vigil, Slasher, Anima, The Strange, Eclipse Phase, Exalted, and I dabbled in dnd. Also a anime enthusiast, beware.

Hmm pity I wanted to join this group but from the looks of things it seems that this group has all but died. Shame I really liked what I was seeing.

Name: Palladium
Why I joined: I'd like to pursue writing as a possible hobby and a possible passion. I've been looking around for a few places to share my stories and read stories from other people exploring writing and this sounds like a nice place. I'm also looking for an avenue to get my stories out there and hear what others think. I'm not a person who's that proficient at communicating online, but I'd like to branch out into areas I'm less comfortable with.
Also because ponies!
:pinkiehappy::ajbemused::rainbowlaugh::raritywink::fluttershysad::twilightsmile:

Name: fufu
Nationality: US-ican
Why I joined: I suck at writing fiction so I need feedback. On a different note, is there somewhere I can submit a research paper?

Sure I can do this.

Name: CanterlotGuardian
Who am I? That guy who made that one story that a lot of people seemed to like.
Why am I here? Trying to get back into the writing swing of things, as personal problems kept me from writing consistently for about two years, and I figured a well-knit community of writers would be a good place for me to start.

Name: NineCaliber
Why I joined: Like many here, I'm hoping for feedback on my work. Despite rewrites and the help of multiple editors, the response I've received for my latest work feels underwhelming (and at times discouraging.) It'd be great to spread the love as well by helping others with their work!

Name: Saxicolous (One who lives under a rock!)
Why I joined: Well, this group seems very well organized, and my story isn't starting off a bit rough despite all of the effort and attention I put into it. I hope that I can improve as a writer and get helpful advice to have me advance and grow as a writer.

Name: Happy Lass (Originally, You_Are_My_Hero.)

Nationality: I'm from another country, said country is Philippines.

Why I Joined: I would like people to tell me their thoughts for my stories, I don't usually get comments saying what they think about it. And I could use some tips.

Fun Fact: I hate lizards, they creep me out.

1101887 Alright, name's the Bricklayer. I'm 18, and American. The reason I joined is I want to know what people think of a certain story of mine as I don't get enough feedback on it to really tell. Also, I'd like to let more people know I'm out there. ...Geez, hope I don't sound too selfish or whiny for stating those as my reasons.

Name : Bluespectre
Nationality : English
Why I joined : Because I enjoy writing stories and I want other people to enjoy them as well. I've had very mixed results with some of my stories but getting feedback that gives an honest critique of your work is a rare animal indeed. One of my stories, When the Snow Melts, received some good attention, but the follow up, Ice Fall, which I personally think is a lot better and has a more involved storyline, hasn't even reached 20 thumbs up. I'm feeling a little disheartened, especially when 3000 people have read it!

Name: John, pucho, el matador, el mamaguevo, pana, ocwin, jtbayk, mondonguero, jueputa, Einstein 2.0, Steve Jobs 2.0, Bill Gates 2.0, masterhacker, Mr.(or Mister dot) , and many more you don't want to know. . .

Nationality: South American

Why I joined: Became a brony, found this page, shit happens and I fell in this hole...

Now seriously: Because i put effort in stories but I still kind of suck at writing and at English, but well, I PUT EFFORT! :D

My name is Obsi (Obscure wasn´t free)
Im 20 years old
Im german
I joined because i hoped for feedback on my first story and for self-promotion. but mostly to ask for feedback

Name: PrincessFizzyHeart
Why I joined: i try but i suck at writing

Mane: Alfonso "Poncho" Rodriguez

Nationality: from the best country ever, y' know, the one that has that lousy northern neighbor that ain't Mapleland....

Joined because, as everyone here not reviewing, I need feedback on my stories, likes and tips to improve my gringo writing...

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 92