Sunset Shimmer 4,932 members · 6,767 stories
Comments ( 124 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 124

Hey Cryo, like this?:
What if the actions of Anon-A-Miss attracted the attention of a certain Information Broker/Professional Troll:

Imagine the chaos that comes with his arrival.

Cryosite
Group Admin

Hey Cryo, like this?

This is correct.

Fanfiction Idea: A Romance/Hurt Fanfic Starring You And Sunset Shimmer

So first off: Has anybody here read Regret? If not, then please go check it out! It's a really great fanfic, and you'll understand what I'm trying to say a bit better.

For anyone who's read Regret (or other fics similar to it), you know how the story starts off as you being in love with a canon character, and trying to make her love you by doing everything you can? Well, that's definitely an interesting idea. But unfortunately, I don't see people do that a lot. Especially with different characters in the show, even the ones we don't know much about.

Now, with that being said, let's present the idea I've got in mind. Until know, you figured that the MC loves Rainbow Dashin that story, right? So what if we had a similar storyline, but with Sunset Shimmer in it? Specifically, the time she was studying in Canterlot?

P.S. I don't wanna write the story. It's just an idea for grab.

I’m wanting to do a dark AU story.

Summary.

It was an accident, something that wasn’t supposed to happen. Now, I have lost everything I cared about, my friends, my family, my home, everything. Now the only way to justify my mistakes, are to hunt them down.

Needs some work, but I think it’s going to be pretty good.

Jondor
Group Admin

I fail to see how this is in any way Sunset Shimmer related.

Also, you may want to look up "good" in a dictionary.

Okay it needs a little work, so sue me.

The summary is through Sunsets point of view. I guess I should’ve clarified that before putting the summary.

So I had an idea and I was wondering on ideas on how to flesh it out and hear how it sounds.

My idea takes place on the fall formal. Sunset gets blasted by the rainbow but the difference comes in because she doesn't change back. At the bottom of the crater lies the demon sunset whimpering from the pain.

My initial idea is Twilight panics a bit and brings Sunset back. Even her pony form is demonified. I kinda want it to focus on her inner turmoil thanks to the rainbow forcing all the horrible things she'd done in her head and the fact her body constantly reminds her of what kind of person she'd been for so long.

So, here's a thought, what if the timelines created in the cutie re-mark (The set of "Villain X wins" timelines from the conflict between twilight sparkle and Starlight glimmer) still exist. Or more specifically, have always existed, since the point in the past from which they diverge. Conveniently after Sunset shimmer leaves for the other dimension, which isn't effected, and only has a single timeline, which is theoretically connected to all the versions of equestria, but to limited degrees. And since some of the villains seem very much like the type of villain to try and conquer literally everything, they might try and use this bridging to use dimensional travel and time magic to make themselves the sole timeline, by erasing the primary timeline and suplanting it with their own. The primary timeline being the canon one that occurs, and being special because it was the timeline from which the others branched, and probably also has the only copy of the spell that allowed the branching to occur. Could allow for some interesting situations where sunset shimmer and her group have to contend with inter-dimensional interlopers trying to reach the portal to the primary timeline and invade.

A tempting idea I've had is the EQG version of a Final Destination film, except the premonition and subsequent story is told through the eyes of Sunset. Though I never really have the time and energy to sit down and write it. I might as well put it out there and let people do with this as they want. As far as I was planning, the Premonition disaster was supposed to be a more grimdark version of the Shorts that were taking place on the Yacht/Boat in the summer shorts that came out. Basically everything on board goes to hell and in typical Final Destination fashion, characters are slaughtered by their surroundings. Sunset comes back to reality as they're boarding and tell her friends and a few others not to get on the boat. Cue the rest of the story and the ways death snaps up their victim's who should've died in the boat tragedy.

Edit for clarity: The perspective character is Sunset, and only Sunset. It's a like...3rd Person Limited perspective where we only know Sunset's thoughts throughout the story.

Story Idea: Demon Shimmer Story #1 Billion

So I don’t expect this to be anything new. I fully expect there to already be stories like this (and if there are, I’d love links to some good ones!). But I’ve had the idea floating around in my head and I wanted to bounce it off somebody that actually cared.

—So the main point is to explore some of the depths of Equestrian Magic and play around with the rules a bit. I’m sure many of you have heard the theory that Equestrian Magic is enhanced by a Pony’s emotional state (fear making it easier to self-teleport, the desire to protecc making shields stronger, etc.). So I thought of taking it a step further.
—What if Non-Changeling transformations were accessed through intense enough emotions combined with strong enough magic? For example, an Alicorn Princess’ frustration and jealousy of her sister gaining all the attention; or an angry and spiteful young Unicorn tampering with an artifact made of raw, untamable magic.
—And, to take it even further, what if that even when “purified”, said form never truly went away?

—And that’s where we get this story. An alternate universe Equestria Girls dealing with the after effects of Sunset’s defeat (shockingly original, I know). Only Sunset wouldn’t be completely rid of the Demon Shimmer form. It’d instead be manifested and accessed by different means.
—Because Sunset was driven by more angry emotions at the time of gaining the form (feeling cheated, acting out of spite), it would mostly manifest as heightened aggression as a reaction to stressful stimuli. She’d be a Grumpset Shimmer. But under the right circumstances? The Demon would come out to play. Slowly at first. Enhanced strength, the eyes, maybe even her skin turning red around her eyes and in patches around her body. But under the right circumstances, that stress and anger explodes and transforms her fully into the Demon Shimmer form. Just with a normal head/face and her hair down instead of Jimmy Neutron style (I legit always preferred Midnight Sparkle’s body design because it wasn’t so drastic a change).
—But there’s a catch: Sunset is _scared_ of this new reaction to stress, and it’d help her realize how having friends can help offset that. I also want to throw in a SunShyne or SunPie ship, but I’m conflicted about which would be more interesting. And choosing both feels like a copout for this kind of story.
—And obviously I’d leave room for the other films, an Anon-a-Miss arc would play a huge part in building up to the Demon form reveal, and I’d for sure figure something out for Midnight Sparkle.

Again, I’m sure there are already fics like this, and I’d love to see any good ones! But this is just the basics of the story. I actually started off thinking it up as a Sour Sweet story, but figured that Sunset would be an easier character to use.

I wished there were more stories that involve Vice Principal Luna taking in Sunset. There’s so many fics on here that have Principal Celestia adopt or becomes Sunset’s guardian. But why not Luna?

Sunset must of at least had some help from either Luna or Celestia in the human world or she wouldn’t be there still.

I feel like Sunset would be hesitate to approach Principal Celestia but goes to Luna more which is why Luna would help her more and understands her better than Celestia.

Comment posted by Phantom-Dragon deleted Dec 8th, 2019

Hey. So I keep having this story idea pop into my head and I really want to go ahead with it but I don’t know it would work or the time it’s set.

So, what I was thinking. What if Princess Luna ended up being Sunset Shimmer’s mother? I mean, could be possible right? They’re similar looking or is it just me? Anyway, the idea is that Princess Luna’s has a filly before she just became Nightmare Moon. Jealous of her sister getting all the attention even though she’s just had a filly. A royal baby, but Princess Celestia still obviously got all the attention. (Luna still wants to be the ruler) fights with her sister and Celestia banishes her to the moon. Which then, leaves the filly (Sunset) with Celestia who trains her up as her student (Sunset doesn’t know she’s related, or knows about her Mother)

Soon, When Sunset is much older reads the story about Nightmare Moon. Celestia tells her about it (not mentioning that Luna is her mother) Sunset finds out in time. Later, arguing with Celestia about it, demanding to be a Princess just like her mother would want. Celestia refuses. Sunset, then in spite of Celestia jumps through the mirror and steals Twilight’s crown.

And obviously, the big question: Is Vice Principal Luna Sunset’s counterpart Mom. Well, what i was thinking is that Vice Principal Luna never had her daughter (something may of happen or VP Luna didn’t have any kids) and then after the Formal. Takes Sunset in. (At first Sunset is convinced that VP is her Mom.)

I’m not sure if this would work, and it’s a fic that’s not really been done before. It will obviously be set in an Alternative Timeline, but I just don’t know how to add up all the times, Luna was banished for 1000 years so I really don’t know how to work around that. Any help would be great :)

I have a weird concept .....It's essentially reverse Equestria Girls.

Instead of Sunset Shimmer being a pony going to a human world, how about its human Sunset going to a fantasy world....She can even be a horrible mean girl who rules the school with a iron fist who puts her bad talents in this fantastical setting.

I have a typical more or less cliche Idea, if anyone like it...

Sunset hear from Twilight about Starlight Time Travel spell and thinking she could do good, she try to stop herself in the past from stealing the crown, only for something to go wrong and not only make things worse but also without a clue of how to return as somehow she get stuck in there.

Another idea is more a parody or copy of 'Pen Stroke' story 'Past Sins' only instead of Nightmare Moon as Nyx, we have Sunset Demon turn into a little girl, the dark and manipulative mind of Sunset pre-reform stuck in the body of a little girl (maybe the age of the crusaders or younger) and knowing that the plan of taking the element of magic could not work and worse, that she is the 'dark side' of a Sunset that want to be forgiven for all the bad things she did, a Sunset that need to watch over her to make sure she don't do anything bad (or try to conquer Equestria)

Story idea up for grab!

I’ve been having this story idea for a while now, though I don’t know if anyone would be interested in it.

Summary:
- It takes place after the Formal, Sunset gets a two week suspension from school. She lives alone in an abandoned building she found the very first time she came through the portal. After Sunset deals with all the horrible things she did, she goes into depression and since she has nothing else to lose she decides to attempt to take her own her by jumping of a bridge. However, she is saved by Sombra. (He plays an important role in the story) He takes Sunset to his house after he finds out she is homeless, only to find out that Principal Celestia is his wife. Sunset freaks out by it, and is obviously scared of Celestia but Celestia offers Sunset to live with them, where Celestia will act as her guardian. Later down the line, Sunset opens up to Celestia about her dark past and what she’s been through. They become close and Celestia starts thinking about adopting Sunset as her daughter. Celestia has always wanted to be mother, but her relationship with Sombra has always been rocky and they have always struggled when they tried for a baby. During this story, Sunset finds out that Sombra has been cheating on Celestia with a work colleague and tries to get evidence to show Celestia. From the moment Sunset stepped into their home she could tell that things weren’t right, and that Celestia was very unhappy. Their constantly fighting which scares Sunset, she’ll start acting out again as a defiant teenager. Vice Principal Luna plays an important role in the story too, acting as Sunset’s aunt and helps Sunset when she is scared when she sees Celestia and Sombra fight.

This story would be rated Mature since some things would be dark. If anyone is interested in the idea, you can give me a PM. I have more ideas for it, but I’m a little too scared to share if it seems stupid and this thread would go on forever.

I'm thinking about writing a horror story based on Christine set around the Anon-A-Miss time line, would this be a good idea? Would anypony read it? Thoughts?

Had an idea for a story and seen it done but no updates in awhile. But what do people think of sunset shimmer being a spirit detective like yu yu hakusho? After reading the story i began to wonder how sunset would do as spirit detective and ability to control her spirit energy that humans with spiritual awareness can harness? Who would be her kuwabara? Would hiei and kurama still be around? lol Im no writer but am up to discuss the idea with someone if anyone interested.

I got an idea that I think hasn't been done before, why doesn't anyone from the EG world use magic items to commit actual crimes? The Memory Stone had a lot of potential for such uses.

Cryosite
Group Admin

I would say we've seen this every time "magic items" are encountered in EqG.

The Memory Stone was used to commit a pretty heinous crime by Wallflower Blush many times(for which she faced no consequences, just a bit of a stern talking to). In terms of the harm she inflicted upon others (who knows how many memories she permanently destroyed before she was stopped), she was the most awful villain.

Valencia Vignette did some fairly criminal things with her magic phone culminating with what amounts to kidnapping and forced confinement. Though, to be fair, she was pretty incompetent.

Gloriosa Daisy was probably the most directly and clearly dangerous one as she tried to imprison a lot of people and clearly used force/violence (if a bit tame) to have her way. She was the most "I'll fight you" villain.

Juniper Montage, really the first of the human natives to acquire a magic item, also just mostly kidnapping/forced confinement. Though hers was significantly more effective and dangerous.

The sirens, Twilight, and Sunset either weren't human natives to begin with or didn't acquire a magic item, figure out what it could do, and use it for crime.

That all said, I'm thinking you are operating under a different idea of what "actual crime" means. Do you mean, like, robbery? Murder? Rape? Those sorts of crimes are harder to fit into the rating of the show. While EqG was targeted towards an older demographic than FiM, it still wasn't intended to be for mature audiences only.

Still, kidnapping and destroying memories are fairly serious things. It's not difficult to imagine much gorier and violent versions of those various villains as you might see them depicted in a rated-R movie or something. I think you're simply mistaken that your idea "has never been done before" when the show itself has done it.

That's a pretty general concept, but it fits neatly in with the setting. The show did make a pretty half-assed attempt to have a superhero thing for a while, to take that concept and expand could turn into most any kind of fic you could want.

I had this idea stuck in my mind, and I wanted opinions:

Instead of being arrogant and such, what if Sunset explained her frustrations to Celestia and they talk things out. Deciding a vacation of sorts would help her student, Celestia allows Sunset to go through the mirror for a 30 mooms cycle, them using the journal to communicate/keep in touch.

One day, however, the messages stop for some reason, worrying the sun princess. Then, Twi and the others come for the summit and Sunset steals the crown as per the movie. Instead of being snarky, however, her words to Twilight are full of regret and desperation as she exclaims, "I'm sorry, but this may be the only way I can solve my problems!"

As per the movie, Twi talks to Celestia the next day, and they realize Sunset must be in serious trouble if she was willing to steal the Element of Magic. Twi then goes through the mirror to try and help... and that is all I have so far...

So, thoughts?

I had a story idea involving the little blue dog who has taken the world by storm.

Do you think Sunset Shimmer would a good big sister for Bluey?

I may have mentioned this somewhere before, but the idea is that, instead of the human world, Sunset ends up in the Bliey world, but before Bluey is born. Bandit and Chilli are already married, and find Sunset, who the portal turned into a puppy a little older than the age Bluey is in the show.

Simply thru being good parents, they reform Sunset maturally, and she opens up about her past to them. Eventually, Bluey and Bingo come along, and Sunset is their big sister.

I want to make a post Rainbow Rocks Sunset Shimmer to take in a human turned pony turned Equestria Girl that's currently physically a little kid. Because of an incident , they were sent over to that dimension for safety (read Unstoppable Tirek).

The kid is inquisitive and enjoys mysteries, and has a tiny bit of a temper on her. But usually friendly and tries to see the best in people. She's struggling to come to terms with the fact that opportunities to do what she used to do before are opening up; stuff that just isn't available in Equestria.

But she comes to find out that the Equestria Girls universe sure isn't Kansas. With mysterious magics in the air and how cartoon-like she feels, the former human might just drive Sunset a little crazy.

But with her old life experience, the former human might help Sunset straighten out her life a little bit.

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 124