The Writeoff Association 937 members · 681 stories
Comments ( 926 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 926
RogerDodger
Group Admin

Event overview | Review spreadsheet

Please refrain from saying anything that might compromise your anonymity. Doing so is grounds for disqualification. It's recommended you do dummy reviews of your own stories should it otherwise be easy to deduce which you wrote.

Vic Fontaine
Group Contributor

It begins. :rainbowderp:

Bugle
Group Contributor

Huh, weird. Someone submitted a prompt I submitted a bunch of WOs again: "A Simple Mistake."

I mean, it's a common enough phrase, but still. Deja Vu.

Fuzzyfurvert
Group Contributor
Spectral
Group Contributor

...and I just realised my prompt (Like the World Is Ending) won last time. :rainbowhuh: I feel sort of obligated to read a few of the entries, now.
For anyone curious, it's a line from "Knights of Shame", by Awolnation.

Anyway, I oughta have time to participate this time 'round. Let's go!

Titanium Dragon
Group Contributor

Prompt submitted~

Looking forward to this. But gotta get some stuff finished first. Been a while since I published a story on FIMFiction. Shame on me.

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

Yee-haw. Time to find out if FIM minific is easier to write than original minific. :rainbowdetermined2:

Calipony
Group Contributor

MiniFic = Mini prompt?

"Great as—"

Oops, reached the word count. Yeah, I know, I had to rush through it at the end.

:pinkiehappy:

Bugle
Group Contributor

Considering the shortest Prompt we've received is 2 characters, and that's a full prompt, I believe a mini prompt would be either "O" or "t".

Awesome. My first contest. Let's see what we can cook up.

The Letter J
Group Contributor

I knew I should have submitted a nonbreaking space as my prompt.

Not_A_Hat
Group Contributor

You all have fun with this one; I think I'm out, unless the prompt bites me hard. I'll see about reviews, maybe...

Super Trampoline
Group Contributor

I have a request. Minifics are my specialty, but I always forget, or miss the mini fic contests. When the prompt is chosen can you all flood my inbox with reminders please? Or a text at (714) 496-3119. I want to compete with you guys!

Sunny
Group Contributor

When did it get settled these would be every 6 weeks by the way? That discussion just seemed to die off, and I admit I'm still grumpy on it.

Bugle
Group Contributor

But your avatar art is too adorable to be grumpy :fluttershysad:

Vi
Group Contributor
Vi #16 · Dec 17th, 2015 · · ·

>mrw a new Writeoff appears

>mrw I realize it's on the one weekend I'm busy with non-poneword related activities

Sunny
Group Contributor

The hat is concealing the grumpiness BUT IT IS THERE

Broman
Group Contributor

4925413 I think you meant to say this buddy.

Winston
Group Contributor

4925608 I'll hit you with a note.

Calipony
Group Contributor

I’ll kick your butt, don’t worry.
Trampo, it's time to get cracking!

Orbiting Kettle
Group Contributor

Argh, will miss this one (again):fluttershbad:

Best of luck to all of you anyway.

Vic Fontaine
Group Contributor

4926210 That'll work too. ;)

Kritten
Group Contributor

I've thought of a new tactic: begin writing a day before receiving the prompt. That way, I can stay ahead of the game!

There is absolutely no conceivable way that this could go wrong.

Bugle
Group Contributor

Forty Two

C'mon, guys! At least stay consistent with your numbering schemes!

Also, a tie for the shortest prompt? What?

I'm sorry. But I'm confused. This is a contest for stories that aren't stories? Shorts I guess?

Dubs Rewatcher
Group Contributor

This is a contest for My Little Pony minifics, which are MLP stories between 400 and 750 words. The prompt will be released in two days, at which point you can begin writing. The writing period goes on for a day.

4926528 I have an issue with that because just a simple introduction for me is about that long. That's like a one scene shot. Hm. I was thinking about it but no thanks. Thanks for giving out that info.

Bugle
Group Contributor

If minifics are not your thing, then perhaps you'll be more interested in the short story contests, which are 2K-8K. The next ones will be in about 3 weeks (General fiction, not MLP exclusive) and 6 weeks (MLP exclusive).

Vi
Group Contributor

4926137 Die beste Weihnachtsgeschenke! :pinkiehappy:

4926555 Come back in January! You'll get 1600-7600 more words to works with!

Vi
Group Contributor

This will be my first contest. I submitted a prompt. I assume voting begins in 23 hours...

Bachiavellian
Group Contributor

Not 100% sure if I'm gonna throw my hat into the ring for this one. I have to admit that my interest in the Writeoff (and writing in general) has been on a bit of a decline as of late. I guess I'll wait and see if the prompt sparks anything for me.

Yep! After that, the winning prompt will be revealed, and then we'll have 24 hours to put together a minific. Or multiple entries, if that's your thing. Glad to have you with us. Good luck, and I hope you have fun!

Bugle
Group Contributor

That is actually surprisingly funny and I have no idea why.

Bugle
Group Contributor

Oh, hey, we have a new candidate for shortest prompt ever submitted!

A Single Letter

Frogmyre
Group Contributor
The Letter J
Group Contributor

A Single Letter

Huh? Is someone looking for me?

Calipony
Group Contributor

Huh? Is someone looking for me?

Y?

CoffeeMinion
Group Admin

4926574 Having done both a "short" and a "mini" now, I kinda wish there was something in between, like 1K-5K. So you could at least turn around and publish it on FimFiction without having to stretch it longer, but you're also not struggling to hit 2K if the idea doesn't quite get you that far.

This is probably neither a major problem nor the first time such a thing has been suggested, but still.

The Letter J
Group Contributor

U C, I M 1.

Bugle
Group Contributor

You want her/him to Instant message one?

Cosmic Cowboy
Group Contributor

I like that one. Though I think I still have a good chance of winning this prompt vote. I really hope I do.

Twi-Fi
Group Contributor

For Friendship's Sake, I Sing My Last Note At Thee

Georg
Group Contributor

4927564 Ah, Star Trek II, The Musical. Sung in the original Klingon, I presume? (snerk)
I am setting a goal in this writeoff to do better than in the last writeoff. It should be a very easy goal to reach.

Calipony
Group Contributor

Does Anyone know where Bradel has gone? We haven't seen him for ages.

JonOfEquestria
Group Contributor

Okay, maybe I'm too stupid, but how does one vote on which prompt(s?) we'd prefer?

Thanks!

JoE

The Letter J
Group Contributor

First, you wait for eight hours. Then you go to this page. Then you check the boxes next to all of the prompts you like.

In other random news, today I discovered that you can sort the prompts alphabetically, if you click them enough.

JonOfEquestria
Group Contributor
Bugle
Group Contributor

So what're we going to do when Ot actually wins for once?

Calipony
Group Contributor

Vote cast.
Must confess wasn't thrilled by the smorgasbord this time. Nothing really outstanding (IMHO).

Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 926