Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Do we have a name to separate

Realistic Trans story

You have to tack HRT each month
and your body ...

V.S.

power-fantasy Wish Fulfillment stories

a unicorn cast said spell, and now there isn't any different with you and the ones that were born in the rite gender

Do we have a name for them ?

P.S. let me know if I said something wrong
I'm stell lerning

edit:
what about this one ?
Dreadnought, The Transgender Superhero

Dunno about "power fantasy" as it's more like wish-fulfillment since no real power comes from changing your physical sex (muscle differences notwithstanding). Both would be still trans stories at their core, it's just the way of transitioning being a bit more magical than it is in real life. I guess you would be skipping the hardships accompanied with it and jumping straight to the goal, but that wouldn't change much about the premise itself. Now then, is there a word for it? No idea, but usually people use the gender-bent tag on most sites I know, going with the whole wish-fulfillment thing because hey, it's fun reading about magic fixes to instantly be your ideal self. *shrug*

Wish fulfillment does seem accurate. It also brings with it a fulfillment of desire that can exist which cannot be attained through HRT: the ability to sire or carry a child (foal in the case of many stories here).

Yeah, I don't think we have clear terms, save 'wish fulfilment' and perhaps 'As Seen IRL' for the other one... and here I've got a couple wish fulfilment stories (HP crossovers) for which the phrase 'based on a true story' is actually true!

Seems like I agree with saying 'wish fulfillment' instead of 'power fantasy' too.

But, people, what are good names for the 'more realistic' type of story?

"The long and arduous path of transitioning without a magical fix", or just transitioning. If you want more specific terms, how about social/medical transition? :raritywink:

Maybe something like "Wish Fulfillment" vs "Medical process" transition would make sense.
Whenever I have trans pony stuff, at least in RPs, I have it be a series of potions and spells cast over the course of two years, and then after that it's "permanent." So it's kinda a mix between the two.

Whenever I have trans pony stuff, at least in RPs, I have it be a series of potions and spells cast over the course of two years, and then after that it's "permanent." So it's kinda a mix between the two.

Mmhm... in my StoryVers it tacks a Month !

oh yeah,

The Wish Fulfillment stuff is just TG/TF stories or Transgender Transformation. The "realistic" stories are just like queer transgender fiction.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9