Transgender Bronies 1,107 members · 758 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Maybe there were signs about being trans I should have paid attention to.

What I mean is that, a big part of my transgender experience has been revisiting attitudes and general thoughts, passing them through the "trans lens", and realizing a lot of it already spelt "this bjtch be trans". And of course, or an aspiring writer, that involves her work. So, let's give it a quick check some (not all for simplicity's sake).

The Doom Patrol: main character get their bodies changed against their will and put in roles they're not ready for nor did they ask for it, but slowly work towards regaining and redefining their identities around their new situation. Horror at being in a strange body.

Mare-Do-Well Strikes!: main character's identity is hidden from the reader specifically because her own sense of identity is blurred after a past she's not proud of, nor interested in continuing. Her new hidden identity is both a relief from the past one and an opportunity to start anew. (BTW, Mare-do-Well's identity was Trixie).

The Conversion Bureau: Judgement Day: oh, you mean the universe that's all about bodies and minds being changed, down to their self identity? Geez, I wonder how a trans reading would apply to it.

Actually, I'm Dead and I, Monster: ah, the big one. My personal large scale, collaborative, updated semi-regularly, featured on the front page big achievement...

That's specifically about the theme of loss of identity, being trapped in a wrong body, having to re-examine oneself on different ways and requestion one's identity, being forced to start almost from scratch and under the fear of loosing it all, or that whatever identity one had before was nothing but a performative expectation with little reality underneath.

Bonus points for three out of four featuring key scenes with mirrors.

So, yeah. Looking back, a lot of stuff changes meaning.

Not too long after I started writing "My Little Heartbreak". Realized it like in book three ish... accepted it more when I was in book five. Then others tell me "Oh, I remember your story, when I was still an egg!"

Hah, classic. So far, none of my stories have been read by a single egg (that I'm aware of), but the possibility is more than zero.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I'M A CLASSIC.

Yeah, all of that does make it kind of obvious.

By kind of, I mean totally.

I had something similar when play TTRPGs back in the day.

Trans Eggs 🤝being oblivious
A friend once asked me to help her try-test her homebrew. I had no experience whatsoever with RPG, so she recommended to just go with the flow with the character.

I made a woman elf named Kasandra.

About a year later, that's my name.

Oh nice.

I ultimately choose Mary for my name.

It took two years to break through my choice paralysis though.

That part sucked.

Ánimo (chilean idiom for 'cheer-up', 'be strong' and 'don't give up').

Easier said than done. That being said, I have a lot of experience with that.

It's a little fatiguing at times.

It helps knowing you're not alone. Take care.

You are quite correct.

You too by the way.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13