Supportive Commentary Club 78 members · 120 stories
Comments ( 73 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 73
FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

Attention Competitors! Bow before your new king! What's going on, everypony? :scootangel: Alrighty, it's my turn to make a competition thingy, and I want it to be something that will not only present a challenge, but will also give you all a chance to try something new and refine your skills a little bit.

THE CHALLENGE:

There are not enough quality Spike stories on this site. It seems he's either written as a baseless self-insert or a whiny little kid. Well that's gonna change.

You're challenge is to write a fic that ships Spike with a character he's very rarely been shipped with before, in a mature and balanced way. It can be romance, friendship, or even just working together; they just have to have some form of meaningful interaction.

THE RULES

No clop, no random nonsense fics, and no harems. Also, you are strictly forbidden from putting him with Rarity, Twilight, or the CMC. It can be any length you choose.

THE JUDGING

These are the basic categories:
-Introduction X/10
-Character motivation X/10
-Story Structure X/10
-Grammar and punctuation X/10
-Legitimacy of the Relationship X/10

So, basically the same as last time. :scootangel:

Well, that's it! The due date is
8/2/14

Good luck!!!:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::heart:

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

Another ship challenge eh? I'm down :D

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

3408802 this is Spike shipping... a whole new ballfield :scootangel:

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3408804 Copy that :D

Avox
Group Contributor

3408793 I'm kinda burned out on Spike shipping for the time being (Weird, right?) but I'll try and get something out in time. :rainbowwild:

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3408793 when you say CMC, does that also mean Babs? Cause I rarely ever see one with him and Babs together.

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

3408834 nope, she's good to go

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3408970 that's what I'll do. If you want to check on that pairing and make sure I'm not breaking the rules, you can. I might do something a little different, but I don't know yet.

lunaisbestpony1
Group Admin

3408970 I'm in, this sounds fun.

3408793 I guess this gives me a reason to get started on an actual Spike shipping story.

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

3411066 dat's right, get it on this :yay:

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3411091 So Famous, last time we could submit up to three stories, is this still the case? Or is there a new limit to how many we can submit?

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

You can submit up to three, yes. :raritywink:

Follow Focus
Group Contributor
lunaisbestpony1
Group Admin

3408793 So...is it time for the monthly extensions? :rainbowwild:

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

3474883 lol, says the writer who already did her story. :rainbowkiss: Yeah, I'll extend it to August 11th, because I'm taking the week off work next week, and I'll have a better chance to write out my story. Is that cool?

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3474908 either way, you are going DOWN!

lunaisbestpony1
Group Admin
Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3408793 3408802 3409053 I notice it always seems to be the four of use doing this.

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3531948 :D Which I think is awesome! Just a little competition between friends, which in turn brings publicity to this group :D Pretty sweet gig if you ask me!

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3531955 :eeyup:
I am wondering if there was a time limit on edits, cause Famous never said. I did post a thread on it, but no reply yet.

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3531963 Well I'm assuming that if we are allowed to post incomplete stories then we should be allowed to work on it after we submit it... It's not like they can say "You cannot finish this story. Ever."

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3531968 good point. I think he was right though about some dislikes.

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3531971 The fact that they dislike the premise of the story and not the story itself?

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3531978 the fact I have Twilight and Spike as Mother and Son.

Also, you two have the advantage, since your all's is in the Popular Stories Box

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3531984 :pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp: I honestly hadn't even noticed!!!!

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3531984 Wow! That's the first time that has happened... Ever!

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3531994 never happened to me yet.
Also, I'm working on getting the rewrite to Trouble Begins finished. This chapter, you can see the invasion from the Lennex POV.

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3532002 Awesomesauce :D I'm currently writing the 4th chapter of my story, and this is a chapter that I want...
...ALL of you to see :D

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

If i can get, like, five more likes I should sneak my way into the feature box. I love bringing new ships to the masses, plus it'll give this group some top notch advertising.

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor
Follow Focus
Group Contributor
Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3532016 XD Nice save :D

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3532016 3532035 I'll give this to the end of next week. I'm already counting myself out on winning, so it's just the three of you that will most likely get it.

$50.00 says I'll be in last place again. Place your bets while you can!

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

3567702 We're waiting for Luna to come back so she can get judges, or at least tell me what to do. :twilightsheepish:

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3567710 gone for 1 week 3 days

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

3567714 Yep. She's got school, so that always puts a hold on things.

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

You know, an author recently came back after being gone for 110 weeks.

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3567722 Next contest, I am not waiting until the few days before to work on mine. Right when I here about it, I will get to work right away.

I do have one in mind incase I win, but I'll lose again. :rainbowlaugh:

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

3567736 You won't lose. :raritywink:

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3567748 that we know of. I talked with Golden Age about it. He did agree that my heart was in the right place, but the story didn't turn out the best.

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3567748 3532035 I believe this one turned into a bust. Already September and nothing. Any ideas?

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor

3598134 Don't no. We'll figure something out, though.

Although, I don't consider this a bust because we had a lot of participation and tried new things. :pinkiehappy:

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3598141 the same four putting in stories again. Maybe I can get my other stories and rewrites finished. I really need to get a rewrite done before I continue on, and I've been doing some back stories for the SpikeBelle series. A Day in Manehatten may not have turned out great, but the newest one did well.

Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3598141 3598158
Hey guys, it's been a while since we've done anything really, what do you think about bringing the whole contest thing back to life? It was so much fun to write these with you guys, and I feel that FimFiction has gotten a bit dull without the contest deadlines looming over our heads! So what do you say, is this something that you would be interested in? We can declare this last one a draw and start off fresh!

FamousLastWords
Group Contributor
Follow Focus
Group Contributor

3711073 :D :D :D

I guess now we just wait for Darth's answer!

Darth Redbeard
Group Contributor

3710990 3711073 sorry for late reply. Was exercising.

I'm up for a contest again. Just depends on my school since I'm going to be busy, but I'll have time to write.

Also, Famous, hope you got the message about the story I'm doing about Spike's life.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 73