OC Life Stories 299 members · 499 stories
Comments ( 181 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 181

Ok here goes... Hopefully this isn't too bad.
Name: Spellbook
Original species: Human. Current Species is Pony
Race: Unicorn
Home: Somewhere in the Everfree, he never gives a precise location.
Appearance: Greyish fur along with a Pitch Black mane
Cutie Mark: A two-toned mask(kinda like you'd see in a theatre)
Family: None known in the current world(oh yes I'll be getting back to this)
Personality: Tends to be distrustful of most ponies and rarely volunteers information about himself. He does enjoy good research investigations and absorbs new knowledge incredibly quickly..
Short Bio: Yeah he used to be a human but that was before getting slingshotted across the worlds as a result of a god's prank

That would be me!

Quiet Hades! Anyways the god's prank also had the side effect of altering his genes to turn him into a pony form. Funnily enough this form fit the fact that he never liked to be in the center of others and preferred to be on the fringe of crowds.

Sidenote: he learns magic a tad differently than others. He cannot learn spells from books at all. Tried it once and accidentally blew up the library. He doesn't know how it happened. Instead he has to see a spell cast and his mind will instantly go to work breaking it down and reconstructing it in his mind until he can use it himself.

Least it wasn't a mimicutie

I think he would've preferred that!

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

we've been getting a lot of OC's.

3616977 I'd say it's because people like to share what they come up with in a friendly environment. No fear of retribution for what they've come up with tends to help with sharing.

3620155 Was said environment that made me willing to share my own OC(though if it was a long description I might have taken up a page at least. Put quite a bit of thought into him)

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3620211 try reading the whole bio of mine from it's blog.

3620327 I'll do so if I can find it. you got a lot of blogs!

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3620348 OC and things about him is the name of it.

3620374 Just saw it. Not bad! I tried to model mine off of one of my persona's that I exhibit in real life.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3620424 that's almost Crimson. He also has his own persona as well.

3620430 So if Crimson were to take a MB personality test what personality would he wind up with?

Given mine is based mostly off of my personality... it'd be INTP for Spellbook when around friends and INTJ when around strangers. I can give you a link to the personality test that I took if you wish to use it in Crimson's eyes.

(Copy pasted from another thread)
I'm going to follow Pixiepop's structure for the presentation. I do have a Unicorn version of this OC as backup in case the whole Alicorn thing doesn't work out.

Name: Noa Heart

Age: young adult (canon comparison the same age as the mane 6)(modern age is 1004)

Appearance: Turquoise coat, solid white mane and tail that sit much like a real horse, "milk cream" eyes, average size horn and wings the same turquoise as his coat. wears an emerald necklace that he makes himself, burning gem cutie mark (this one is subject to change).

Magical Attributes: Volatile. Has extreme difficulty performing any sort of magic without it backfiring and
hurting him in some way. It's only under the instruction of a private tutor assigned to him by Celestia that he ever even learned to perform simple levitation magic.

Personality: A detail-oriented, focused, and socially inept stallion who is friendly but prefers to spend his
time perfecting his craft rather than being a butterfly. However, when in the company of
his marefriend, he will at least try to join in the interaction but is often left confused.

backstory: Born during an unnatural eclipse, and as an Alicorn, Noa's birth may have drawn the attention of the media but given the circumstances, many ponies considered it strange, some even a bad omen. Fresh from her victory over Nightmare Moon, Celestia visited the new foal's parents where she too felt an uneasiness from the little one. The magic energy within the new foal was strong but highly unstable. Technically he would have been regarded as a new royal prince but Celestia did not feel comfortable moving towards that so quickly. She asked the parents to keep a close eye on their son and to have him meet with a private tutor to help him learn to control his magic.
In school, he romped and played as much as any of the other colts and fillies but didn't have much luck in getting them to want to be his friends, except for an emerald green unicorn by the name of Amyhorn. Seeing how fast the two became friends, Noa's and Amy's parents agreed to arrange regular play dates for their foals. Noa spent most of his time outside of school helping his parents in the jewelry shop that they owned and took a particular interest in the craft, and some years later as a teenager he had learned enough that he fashioned himself an emerald necklace which he wore everywhere.
His magic lessons were not going so well. Despite being an Alicorn, even basic magic came as extremely difficult to Noa. It was a full two years before he had become proficient enough to not injure himself with standard unicorn levitation and teleportation. His teacher would send regular reports to Celestia, detailing Noa's magical energies as "dark and not natural". In addition, the frequent burns, scars and gashes that his magic left on his body caused him to become afraid of it aside from those intrinsic abilities that all unicorns have.
Noa considered growing up a happy experience. He could sense that his parents loved him and he loved them back, the townsponies were now more or less amiable towards him, he was dating Amyhorn and had even given his prize necklace to her. On the flipside, his magic continued to grow stronger but his control over it did not. His desire to finally gain mastery of his magic drove him to start experimenting with the very advanced and dangerous business of enchanting, and one day, not heeding the pleas of Amyhorn or his parents, he ventured into the Everfree Forest, searching for a power source for the blueprints to a new charm he had drawn up...but he never returned.

Most of what is posted here is not set in stone yet, particularly him being an Alicorn.

Here's Noa's marefriend Amyhorn:

Appearance: Emerald coat, emerald eyes, forest green mane and tail which she keeps combed straight
and neat, unicorn with an average size horn. a paintbrush and canvas (subject to change)

Personality: An all around class clown of sorts. She never has anything bad to say about anypony else
and is all surprised when she hears such talk. Loves going to parties, however she won't
go through all the trouble involved in putting one together. Has a pet squirrel named
"Fish". Like's to draw and also write fillie's tales.

Not as detailed as Noa's I know :derpytongue2: and everything is open for changes.

You know what? Screw it. Given the very detailed post above this I think I'll share Spellbook's full bio

In the human world he wasn't always trusted. His apparent fortes appeared to revolve around remaining hidden and it got to the point where no one knew where he was for days and even months on end. Add to the fact that he could only learn through seeing other spells and creating his own rune for them most people believed he was copying their spells. Of course he was actually in his room for most of the time mimicking spells from games. Part of his daily school life included working with his friend Dylan to help complete quests and earn money for different classes and daily expenses. This all changed on the day where they were assigned a mission to take out 2 rogue mages around the college and got slingshotted into Equestria. One of the spells sending them there messed with Spellbook's genetic makeup-

That was on purpose. I loved his little reaction

-and permanently turned him into a unicorn. Dylan retained his form as the other mage was kind enough to make sure Equestria's natural magic didn't mess with him. Despite this little hiccup, Spellbook worked to figure out what was going on and why they were targeted to be sent instead of any of the other mages in the college... as for what happened? Well the story for him and Dylan is currently being written but there is one thing that should be known... His specialty was never stealth... in fact his true talent allows him to disguise his own mark. His talent is casting illusions of the highest magnitude. He can fool the five senses incredibly well with his illusions and it's one of the reasons why for the longest time he was believed to be the best sneaker, he chose to make it look that way. Despite all this he does not use illusions to mess with heads. He only uses it to satisfy his wish to remain hidden. Sometimes he will use it in battles to confuse his opponents but the illusion can never harm them... He never managed to make an illusion so strong to fool the brain into thinking that the injury appeared(though he has run into other illusionists that strong). His personality is INTP normally(not really gonna go into depth describing it so I'll give a link to what it is) but he has been known to be a lot colder if it comes to dealing with serious matters.

Notable spells:
Asterisk Field - This conjures a glowing blue battlefield that prevents both the caster and the opponent from leaving until either one of them is unable to fight or the caster removes it.

Rune shot - Shoots a ton of lasers at seemingly random spots until a rune is actually formed from the marks on the ground. The natural magic in the area will then activate the rune and cast whatever spell the rune symbolizes

Boot to the Head - Self-explanatory
Yes very self-explanatory. I still have welts
You're a voice with no body... you don't get welts.

Prop Hunt - This casts an illusion to make him look like any object he so chooses. Hits will dispel the illusion after a bit depending on the size. Smaller objects get dispelled faster but allow him to move quickly and provide a very small target. Larger objects take longer to dispel but they aren't easily hidden, they don't move too quickly and it's a massive target... Yes this was based off of the Gmod game mode.
Never trust Nanners!

Last one - Limit Break - 3 guesses as to what it does.

Comment posted by snakemanfan96 deleted Sep 13th, 2014
Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628229 this thread was for pony OC's.

3628390 well i wasn't aware of any rules, so me and mine snakes shall sssstay :fluttershyouch::fluttershbad::fluttershyouch:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628408 there is a thread for non-pony OC's and did you just tell an admin what to do? :ajbemused::twilightangry2::flutterrage:

3628416 ok, but did what did i tell you to do?:twistnerd:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628421 your thread will need to be moved to the other thread please.

3628433 but i didnt' make no thread??*:pinkiecrazy:

Snakemanfan96 for admin.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628435 as in your post to the non pony OC thread please.

3628447 ok I will get right on top of that along with my mommo :ajsleepy:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628448 thank you. That's all you need to do.

3628453 I will do that and then i willl not have to do anything else?

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628455 All you need to do is check out all the threads and the rules on the front page. If you have an OC, place it where it goes. Pony OC's for this thread, anything else goes in the non pony OC's. If you need help with an OC story, there is a thread for that. If there is no thread you are looking for, let one of the admins know, or make the thread yourself.

3628466 should i make a thread myself, or do i look for one already made? if it year young!?:pinkiesick:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628470 which thread are you looking for?

3628477 the one that you said that i need to move my thread into i think but i also need to post again for another non ofc sotry thersd?:trollestia::yay:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628483 the non pony OC thread has already been made.

Link to thread.

I'll keep this one up to be fair. I'm not an admin that would be a jerk, so you have no worries about that. I am one that makes sure everything is in order, so I'm not trying to hurt you. If you ever need anything, talk to me, one of the other admins, or the group founder. We'll all be happy to help with any questions. :pinkiehappy:

Have a random pinkie. :pinkiesmile:

3628503 thank you i belivee i have make friend that i can talk to after daddo beats me hard before aniime time you know?:moustache::duck::eeyup:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628506 good luck with your writings.

3628524 do you want to liston to my word?:coolphoto:

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628526 maybe in a bit. I need to talk with a few others real quick.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

No one is to delete snakemanfan96's post on this thread. We are to be fair and help, not hurt. That post will stay up and if it's taken down, I will know who did it.

also,3628526 , as 3628438 suggested, we make you an admin. I sent a message to Dusk and you'll let him decide on that one. I'm for making you an admin or contributor, but it's Dusk's decision, not mine. Us admins will put in a good word for you though. :pinkiehappy:

wtf man I want to be an admin too.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628566 bosses decision, not mine. I just make sure everything is going by the rules here. Want to be an admin, talk with the boss.

Snakemanfan didn't need to talk with Big Boss.

ThatWeatherstormChap for admin.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628571 want to be an admin, you have to. sorry.

B-but Snakedudebro69 didn't have to talk with Big Boss!

We are to be fair

STANDING
ON THE EDGE OF
THE CRATER
LIKE THE PROPHET ONCE SAID

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628582 he's still not an admin, but it would be better to talk with the boss.

Swiggety-swagmin, Imma be an admin.

Darth Redbeard
Group Admin

3628609 if he'll let you.

I second this. I absolutely second this.

Dusk and I are brothers, man.
Would you love to see me become an admin? Would you support that leap?

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 181