The Ponymarillion 20 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Ponyweed
Group Admin

Welcome to the Ponymarillion forum! We also occasionally discuss this fic on Canternet IRC (#ponymarillion) or on Ponychan, send us a PM if you're interested in chatting with us there.

Here's a synopsis I wrote for the fic:

The Ponymarillion -- an epic fanfiction re-imagining J.R.R. Tolkien's Quenta Silmarillion as the history of ancient Equestria. -- It was a time of war and chaos. The Alicorns, immortal, fairest and wisest of all beings, rebelled against the Gods and set sail for Little-Equestria to wage war on Tirek, first Dark Lord of My Little Ponies, for control of the Elements of Harmony. In this conflict, none suffered more than the agents of actual harmony: the Unicorns, noble and proud, inhabitants of the magical realm of Alfalfaland; the Pegasi, warlike and civilized, who built the greatest city Equestria had ever seen, hidden in the mists of Feathergrim; and the Earth Ponies, brave and rustic, a young and short-lived race. For the children of Princess Starfall swore a terrible oath: to wage undying love and tolerance on anypony, immortal or earth pony alike, who stood in the way of alicorn ownership of the Elements. But their cause was hopeless even as it was begun: for the Trees of Harmony had been extinguished, and the Elements had been stolen, locked away in the Iron Crown of Tirek in the nethermost hall of Tartarus, beneath the peaks of Changorodrim far in the north. The unsullied light of the Trees lived on only in the Elements, and the last two fruits of the Trees had been given to the fillies Luna and Celestia, who went on to rule kingdoms of their own. The Ponymarillion tells of the heroism of Apple and Flutterén; of the tragedy of Pinkamena and her sisters; of the triumph of Clover, Starswirl's pupil; and the fall of the kingdoms of Derpîath and Cloudfountain as all Alfalfaland fell to the forces of evil.

Ponyweed
Group Admin

Thanks Prof!

I invited The6thMaster to join, who's been working on a fic with a pretty similar concept, that is very present and dialogue-driven. Since dialogue is not my strong suit... I'd love to get his (I believe it's his :) input, and maybe work together with him on the framing bits, since that'll be more dialogue driven and get into the heads of characters we know and how they relate to the "historical" figures in the Ponymarillion version.

In The6thMaster's version of the story, the events of the Silmarillion actually happened in another dimension and cross over into Equestria much later; I dunno if I have leave to say more since it's an unfinished fic (Spirit of Fire) and he wants to leave it unpublished until / unless it's finished. :scootangel:

When can I read this? :rainbowderp:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4