Tabletop Gamers Unite 9 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
dracone
Group Admin

I know I should have put this up earlier, but I wanted to make sure there were a few members before that happened.

If you want to introduce yourself by giving a little blurb about yourself, please remember to include at least one or two tabletop games you enjoy.

I’ll start things off. As you know I am the founder of this group, I did so when I noticed there wasn’t a group for talking about and/or discussing tabletop games in general. I started my love for tabletop games with the second edition of D&D at my cousins’ place, I started playing 3rd edition a few years later. I was also introduced other tabletop RPGs by my brother, my favorite among these being the World of Darkness series of tabletop RPGs. I’ve also played a few sessions of G.U.R.P.S. but I have limited experience with playing the game and the sheer volume of options in character creation and the actual character creation system are really daunting if you haven’t done the process a few dozen times. But it’s not because of the lack of options, quite the opposite, the options for character creation are almost limitless. I also got introduced to Magic the Gathering by my cousins, I’ve played a few games and even owned a few real world decks. I also gave Chaotic a try back when it was in circulation, I even created a few fan cards on the forums for the site. I played Yu-Gi-Oh! a few times, and play it digitally with a friend of the psn when I can. However, I also have some personal projects going on tied into these experiences.

I’m working on making an RPG, still haven’t gotten the material to a point where I can start doing test plays to iron out things, and a CCG, I have descriptions for more than enough cards to make sample decks but I haven’t found anyone to help with actual art and physical cards for building actual sample decks.

Let’s give this a shot.

My name is ArtistFire and I like tabletop games no I have not played any. Of course if any games like UNO count which is a card game.

dracone
Group Admin

Nice to hear that, I played the OG game of Uno back a few years, I heard that some of the newer versions of the game had a few spins on the classic game’s approach.

Awesome awesome

6481274 I'm Alzrius, and I've been a fan of D&D and other tabletop RPGs for over two decades now. I got my start with Basic D&D, then moved on to AD&D 2E, 3.X, and then Pathfinder (including a mountain of third-party materials for those last two, such as Ponyfinder). I've since gone back and started collecting older D&D materials as well. As of now, I've largely burned out on edition changes, and am content to stay within 3.X/Pathfinder 1E in conjunction with a point-buy character-builder that I love.

I've only dabbled with other tabletop games, but I quite enjoyed the old FASERIP Marvel Superheroes game as well as Big Eyes Small Mouth 2E, played a (very) little bit of Rogue Trader, and am dabbling in Starfinder now. I've bought quite a few Lamentations of the Flame Princess books, as well as several Lost Worlds game books (and Queens Blade books!). I've also been rather captivated by Harn lately (albeit the lore more than the actual Harnmaster system). Naturally, I have everything published to date for Tails of Equestria. :raritywink:

Hello. I'm Playmaker, at least on my pony account. I too am a fan of tabletop games, albeit one with some pretty eclectic tastes.

I have most of the material for Tails of Equestria (I still need Melody of the Waves and the Compendium of Equestria before I'm fully caught up) and I am currently playing in a Pathfinder 1e game.

Other systems I would like to run sometime include various Non-Call of Cthulhu BRP games (Nothing against CoC, I'm just not a big fan of horror games. I just like it better as a "passive" genre), Mythras (essentially an updated take on Runequest, though minus the world of Glorantha), Questworlds (Formerly known as HeroQuest, before Hasbro got the license to remake the HeroQuest board game. IMO the best "narrativist" game I've come across due to its simplicity, free form nature and a semi-automated mechanic for adjusting difficulty based on story needs), and most of the various Old School and pseudo-old school games I've collected over the years.

I am also a huge fan of the Hero System (Yeah, it's dated and pretty complicated (especially during character creation), but it's also highly versatile (IMO more so than GURPS) and allows for characters who can actually do their jobs without having to stretch the point pools to absurd levels).

As for games that are just not for me, Dungeon Crawl Classics (admittedly because the game feels like Rolemaster in D&D's ill-fitting clothes) and anything "Powered By The Apocalypse" (Mainly due to bad experiences actually trying to run Worlds in Peril, a Powered By The Apocalypse superhero game that clearly had its heart in the right place, but suffers from terrible execution in too many places).

All in all, I'm just here to meet with other brony gamers and see what fun tales crop up from this group.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6