The Unified Creators Alliance 494 members · 1,822 stories
Comments ( 276 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 276

I think I managed to get the last play on the 49ers/Seahawk game when it turned over to that game after the Raven/Steelers game ended. The Seahawks have been sucking and don't look like they're going to the playoffs, but it's even worse that (if I remember right) they don't have next year's 1st round pick. Most of the time, if a team under-performs, you might at least think "Welp at least we'll get a high pick in the first round."

Speaking of the Ravens'/Steeler game, if you saw the Ravens go for the win instead of playing for OT, what did y'all think of that choice? I thought it was a bad choice, but just about every choice looks bad when it fails.:rainbowlaugh:

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well that first overall pick isn't always a guarantee to suddenly boost your team and when it comes to Seattle, I wouldn't mind seeing them go without a winning season ever again, same goes with the Ravens and the Giants.

Regarding that decision to go for the win instead of OT, that has to be one of the most boneheaded decisions I have ever seen a coach make. My guess is that Harbaugh made that decision because the Pittsburgh D was terrible on that drive and he figured that they could go for two and win it easily. I was thrilled when the Steelers' D stopped them when it was most important....now if Baltimore can lose a few more, Cincinnati can stop with their Jeckyl and Hyde performances and play good consistently that would be great.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

If you guys know Seattle well, then you know Seattle rarely every drafts good 1st rd picks so itā€™s kinda ā€œmehā€ for Seahawks fans.

Seattle does find way more success in the 3rd round and later. I think the last actually good 1st round pick for Seattle was ET3.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well you know my opinion about Seattle being a 49ers fan, they could lose for all eternity and I would be ecstatic. If they do good in later rounds, then that does help them with the salary cap, well initially.

StormLuna
Group Admin

That last Tampa drive in OT was nothing short of a crock of shit. The Bills tie the game and then the fucking refs call everything in favor of Tampa to make sure that the league golden boy wins. Allen and the Bills were ROBBED. It is hard to win when you're playing against 2 teams.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

I want to say Russ is back, but itā€™s against the Texans. Praying Rashaad Penny stays healthy and AP coaches him.

Also Scary McLaurin caught zero passes. Wtf.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Yeah wait until the Seahawks play a better team to judge whether he is back or not. I swear though, my blood is boiling over that Buffalo game right now.

You talking about when Diggs might have been held on the 3rd and goal play right before the goal field? I missed most of OT and really only saw the play with the GW pass, so if anything other calls happened that went the Bucs way, I missed it.

My cable went out early in the Bills/Bucs game and didn't come back on until around the time of the Bills game-tying drive in the 4th.

And the Texans scored first, or at the least the first TD, right? I remember seeing the Texans were in the lead and I was starting to wonder if the Seahawks might drop that game.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Yes, I am. That call cost the Bills the game. I utterly despise it when bad officiating costs my team the game.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Did you two see what happened in the Green Bay/Baltimore game? The Ravens rallied back and looked like they might take the game into overtime but then Harbaugh has them go for two and they don't convert and lose? That happened with them LAST WEEK too. Damn, what is up with Harbaugh? Now I wouldn't mind seeing the Ravens continue to give games away like this....hell I think it would be funny if these idiot decisions kept them out of the playoffs.

And San Fran, damn they really stuck it to Atlanta....and the Bills did really good against Carolina too....and thanks to Cincinnati's victory over Denver, now the Bengals hold the lead in the AFC North.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

#NeverKick lives on

StormLuna
Group Admin

Yep, seeing Harbaugh's idiotic decisions to go for two be all for naught is hilarious. Now hopefully Cincinnati can beat them next week. Not only would it put them a full game ahead of the Ravens. I don't know if you got that game or not but did you see what happened to Bridgewater? I have a feeling he might be out for a bit....and then Lock just had the ball stolen out of his hand.

Given they were up against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers, I would usually give a pass on a team going for two instead of risking OT. But since the Ravens didn't have Lamar Jackson, given if they have a good back-up, Harbaugh's call to go for two looked a lot dumber.

I didn't see what happened to Bridgewater, but I heard that it looked scary.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well Baltimore does have a decent backup....yeah he is no Lamar Jackson but I'd still want him on my team. I think risking OT would be a lot brighter than blowing the game for going for 2. Here is the thing, the Ravens were rallying back and they had momentum on their side but in the end they blew it. Two weeks in a row, PRICELESS! And with Cleveland losing to the Raiders, Cincinnati is in the top spot in the division and I'd like to see them take the division, mainly because they normally suck.

StormLuna
Group Admin

I swear, Josh Allen didn't play worth shit today, well when it came to the passing game. He played a lot better as a RB today. The Bills still won and the Ravens lost so Buffalo clinched a playoff spot.

Also with Cincinnati winning and Baltimore losing, Cincinnati wins the division. The 49ers won too so that is good. Denver lost but we all saw that coming....

AND THIS.....THIS IS THE WTF MOMENT OF THE WEEK.

https://www.nfl.com/news/antonio-brown-buccaneers-wr-removes-uniform-exits-field-jets

I thought the biggest Bucs-related WTF was that the Jets nearly beat them. Then I heard about what A. Brown did. That alone made me almost forget that a near-upset happened. I don't see any teams taking a chance on Brown again anytime soon. Then again, you never know...

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well if a team is desperate enough they might take a chance on him. I think they'd be nuts if they did though....and yeah, almost losing to the Jets should make for good video for what Tampa's weaknesses are.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well today has been a good day in football. The Bills won and are back to back AFC East champions, the 49ers won and clinched a playoff spot and the Steelers knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs. Now to see what happens tonight....Raiders vs. Chargers.

For some reason, I thought the Steelers were out of the playoff hunt, so I was surprised that they even had a chance to get in. I was keeping track of who was still in the hunt and who wasn't, but my cable and internet were out for a week and only came back on last Friday, so I was a little behind on records.

Speaking of records, it feels like a hundred regular-season records were broken today with this week being the first-ever 18th regular NFL week.

StormLuna
Group Admin

I know about all the records that were broken....I'm wondering if this 17 game schedule will be a one time thing or if it will be a permanent thing? Three NFC West teams made it to the playoffs this year....only Seattle didn't (no big loss there). That sucks about your cable and internet were out.

I can just imagine how the people in Pittsburgh will react if the Raiders and Chargers were to tie tonight, they'd probably come up with some sort of conspiracy theory that it was planned, kind of like how Indians fans were coming up with conspiracy theories after they lost to the Cubs in 2016. I personally think it would be funny but I know the odds of that are extremely remote.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Did you guys see the game last night? Josh Allen OWNED the Patriots, I have never seen him play such a good game before in my life. Now we need Pittsburgh to upset KC tonight so Buffalo can host the next playoff game....and this afternoon, San Fran needs to upset the fucking Cowbitches.

I saw those Bills take care of business and I was rooting for them. I don't think I mentioned it, but I'm a Panthers & Cowboys fan, so you can guess that I wasn't exactly jumping up and down at them losing to the 49ers. How it ended really put a sour taste in my mouth since there wasn't even a last-second hail-mary due to Dak not going down a couple of seconds sooner. At least it was a close game and the only post-season game, so far, that wasn't already clear who would win at the beginning of the 4th quarter.

In all, it was a good weekend for you: Bills and 49ers won, the Cowboys you hate lost, and you had a story get featured yesterday.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Yep, it has been a good weekend and "Winter Storm Izzy" is my first ever non-NSFW story to get featured. I know that had the site been the way it is now had it been like that in 2018, "Cozy Glow Drives Tirek Nuts" would have actually made the feature box and probably been there for at least a couple days....I'm still surprised I had three self-insert clop stories hit the featured box last month given those normally don't do all that well.

And Josh Allen had a career game on Saturday, never before had I seen him have that good of a game. Jim Kelly was probably watching and cheering big time. That 49ers game nearly gave me a heart attack. It reminded me so much of their last Super Bowl run when there was probably at least six games that cut time off of my life span. With the Cowboys, the big problem there was not only Dak running the way he did and then the center spotting the ball instead of the ref, that is why Dak's spike didn't stop the clock....and last night Stephen A. Smith did his typical hilarious video when the Cowboys lose....that guy hates the Cowboys. I do cheer for Carolina if they're not playing one of my teams....this may sound crazy but I like their colors and mascot....I have an old Delhomme jersey too. Anyway, this weekend is going to be stressful, both 49ers and Bills playing tough opponents.

StormLuna
Group Admin

What are your thoughts on Cincinnati's upset over Tennessee?

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Rooting for the Bengals to win it all

StormLuna
Group Admin

49ers defeat Green Bay 13-10 as time expires in the snow!

Bengals, they could do it.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Yā€™know what? Iā€™ll give the Niners the dub. Fuck Aaron Rodgers.

Also this seems like a good resurgence of USC rookies. I been saying from the very beginning that Amon-Ra St. Brown and Talanoa Hufanga were legit and people undervalued them.

Whoā€™s laughing now

Side note: Keep an eye on Drake London in the drafts. Maybe Drake Jackson too.

StormLuna
Group Admin

I'm not a fan of Aaron Rodgers....funny though, he is 0-4 against the 49ers in the postseason. Now as much as I can't stand them, I'm pulling for the Rams today....Tom Brady needs to be send a clear message, JUST FUCKING RETIRE ALREADY.

Unlike last Saturday, we actually got 2 close games yesterday! It didn't sink in until later last night, but it was crazy how both games were won by GW field goals as time expired. As for today's games, I'm pulling for the Rams and Bills.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Man, fucking TB12 got me rooting for the Rams. Got a feeling tho that Stafford is going to choke.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Yeah, that 49ers game was another heart attack game. This is starting to remind me of their last Super Bowl run, cutting a year off of my life with each game. It is funny though how once the snow started to fall the 49ers started scoring points. It was a dumb move on the part of Jimmy G. to drop that profanity laced tweet towards Green Bay when it was the defense and Robbie Gould that won the game. I'm a 49ers fan along with Buffalo and Denver but I have never seen such a sorry ass performance by a 49ers QB in my life....and we had some mediocre QBs after Young's retirement.

I'm pulling for the Rams today too, and of course Buffalo. I'm sick of seeing Brady win all the damn time....if only Mo Lewis hadn't hit Bledsoe the way he did back in 2001, Brady likely never would have got the chance he did.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

40 seconds left

Stafford clutches it then heā€™s goated forever

StormLuna
Group Admin

I swear, Buffalo's defense played like shit today. The announcers kept on going on and on about how great they are....until they have to face KC in the playoffs.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Josh Allen doesnā€™t deserve this

Need the Bengals to beat the Chiefs

StormLuna
Group Admin

He doesn't. He goes out there, plays a spectacular game of football but the defense just has to blow it. Buffalo better try and get a good defensive player in the draft. There is no excuse for their performance today.....and how the hell they'll do it I don't know but the Bengals need to win next week.

We had possibly the best divisional weekend ever as far as close games are concerned. Three ended with walk-off FGs and a OT time/

No he did not. He played an amazing game and even managed to score with only :13 to go in the 4th! That would have been enough to punch their ticket to the AFC title game! Saying his defense let him and the team down would be an understatement.

I swear, Buffalo's defense played like shit today. The announcers kept on going on and on about how great they are....until they have to face KC in the playoffs.

To be fair, they were up against Mahomes. Still, how they let the Chiefs go 40 or 5-some yards in just 9 or 10 seconds was horrible, even if they had the NFL's worst defense.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Two words: PREVENT DEFENSE. John Madden once said this about prevent defense and he was right, "The only thing prevent defense does is it prevents you from winning."

Things like this along with the Super Bowl that the Patriots won against the Falcons prove one thing, the NFL overtime rules are still flawed, very flawed. What they need to do is adopt college football's overtime rules. Each team gets a chance to possess the ball....unless you have something like a safety....have it be untimed. That way the damn coin toss won't determine the winner of the game.

Even with them playing Mahomes, that was still inexcusable. Also, the commentators were talking about how good Buffalo's defense was this season....it was UNTIL IT MATTERED THE MOST.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well guys, Brady is retiring. This kind of surprises me but I guess he finally decided that he wasn't going to win another title and figured calling it quits now was all for the best.

https://www.nfl.com/news/buccaneers-qb-tom-brady-retiring-from-nfl-after-22-seasons

I first heard about it a few hours ago but was waiting to say something just in case it was a rumor, but it seems like it's real. I'm surprised he decided to retire so soon. I thought he would have taken a little longer to think about before deciding anything.

StormLuna
Group Admin

This does surprise me. I thought he'd try to play clear up until he would need a shingles vaccine (age 50). Well now as far as tomorrow goes, go Bengals and 49ers. God Himself would likely have to intervene in the KC/Cincinnati game but an LA victory is far from certain....they've blown big leads to SF this season.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well the Bengals are going to the Super Bowl! Unfortunately the 49ers blew a ten point lead. Anyway, go Bengals two weeks from now.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

Jeff Garcia in shambles somewhere. Fucking knew Jimmy G was gonna choke. Niners either gotta invest in Trey Lance or draft another QB.

Also fuck Chiefs. Bengals all the way.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well Jimmy G is likely going elsewhere next season and after this fiasco, I am thinking, "Good riddance." I personally think that if they would have given Garcia more talent, he could have taken them to the promised land.

They do need to invest in Lance or draft another QB. Hey, Montana was a third round pick and Brady was a sixth round pick so you don't have to be a first round pick to be a good QB.

And yeah, I'm pulling for Cincinnati all the way here. Watching Mahomes throw that pick and then seeing the Bengals kick that game winning field goal was one of the best moments of this season. Now I'm just hoping that Cincinnati can finish off this season with a win.

Mr Dorito
Group Contributor

I just saw Jeff Garcia went private in his social media. Yeah you donā€™t talk shit at Mina Kimes for someone who got their shit rocked by the Seahawks back then. No excuse to go 6-10 while having Jerry Rice and TO. Donā€™t open your damn mouth if you got nothing to say. He knew the heat was coming.

But seriously tho, thatā€™s all the Niners need. Just a QB. Invest in Lance or draft another one. Seattleā€™s problems is the O Line and coaching. Russ is really the Kobe Bryant of the NFL. He just needs a team to be built around him. Iā€™m glad KNJ is gone, and now Iā€™m nervous on who are they going to pick. My money is on Sean Desai from the Bears.

Two more great close games today. I'm not even sure which team I'm pulling for. I like Joe Burrow and the Bengals, but with all that Sam Bradford went through with the Lions, I'm happy he's finally going to get to play in a Super Bowl.

With how the Panther's QBs have looked most this season, Jimmy G almost looks like Tom Brady. Then again, if Jimmy G had the Panther's O-line...

If the 49ers get rid of Jimmy G, they'll be wise to try to invest in Lance first or at least not use a 1st round pick on another QB, not after trading up to be able to get Lance in the first place. Although it probably wouldn't hurt them to take a QB in a mid or late-round anyway. Also, I thought I heard at once point that the 49ers traded up to keep the Patriots from getting Mac Jones, just for the Pats to get him anyway. Since you follow the 49ers closer than I do, did you hear anything about it and if it's really true?

StormLuna
Group Admin

When the 49ers got Jimmy G, I thought he would be the one to take us to the promised land but he winds up screwing up at the worst times and I personally think he was overrated at the time. Yeah he had a couple good fill in games for Brady but that didn't mean he was going to be another Tom Brady. Yeah, invest in Lance or draft another one. We will be better off without him in the end.

To be honest, I haven't heard anything about the issue involving Mac Jones but I could see that having been what happened.

StormLuna
Group Admin

Well guys the big day is here, who are you picking to win? This is my pick.

L.A. Rams 27
Cincinnati 31

I'm really not sure. My gut tells me the Bengals, so I'll go with

Bengals: 27
Rams: 23

StormLuna
Group Admin

I hope we are right. I have nothing against the Rams, it is just that it would be nice to see Cincinnati win one....especially after rallying back against the Chiefs the way they did.

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 276