Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36
Reactception
Group Admin

Story Theme:
Who doesn’t love a Sarcastic/sassy bacon Pone turned teenage guitarist falling in love with a magical prodigy pony/fellow student of the princess of friendship!

Stories should be first posted/published between tomorrow June 4th 2022 to July 3rd 2022 until midnight. Time zone: United States eastern.

Stories are suggested to be less than 10,000 words. Stories above 10,000 words may be submitted, but judges are allowed to stop reading at 7000 words if it does not catch their interest.

Stories should be E or T rated. SFW only!

We made a folder in this group to put your entries in BEFORE THE DEADLINE!

If this is your first story ever on fimfiction.net and you're having trouble publishing it on this website, please send a link with view password to Reactception. Email me if you have questions about that.

Please include a link to the contest in your story description.

Judges: Reactception and EileenSaysHi: https://www.fimfiction.net/user/464503/EileenSaysHi

The Prizes

1st Place:

• The story will be on the page description for two weeks, and the winner will get to choose the next Sunset x EG Villain competition (can’t be the same one). If they want to, they can co-judge for that competition. But if they don’t want to co-judge, they can of course compete again.

2nd Place:

• The story will get an honorable mention on the group description.
  • The winner will get a review of one of their stories (their choice) by Reactception.

3rd Place:

• The story submitted will be reviewed by Reactception.

EileenSaysHi has chosen to judge with me!

Link to the folder for the competition: the contest folder HERE!

Bicyclette
Group Contributor

hell yeah

Give me your ShimGlim!

Bicyclette
Group Contributor
Reactception
Group Admin

That meme was made way to quick

Hello. As before, I would like to invite you to repost the contest in the Hall of Contests [SFW] group.

Hope this will be another successful contest.

Reactception
Group Admin

Just did it :rainbowderp:

Reactception
Group Admin

Friendshipping will be permitted but romance is encouraged

Comment posted by Sunset Shimmer The Great deleted Jun 4th, 2022

Are multiple submissions allowed? Just wondering :pinkiesmile:

Reactception
Group Admin

Yes you can put up to 3 submissions in the competition

Hmm... I might have something...

Is polyamory allowed?

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Reactception and I discussed this and decided the answer is yes, as long as Sunset and Starlight’s relationship is at least as big a part of the story as the relationships with the other party. (That is, you can’t just throw some token references to Sunset/Starlight in a fic that’s otherwise just Sunset/Twilight or Starlight/Trixie.)

We reserve the right to disqualify fics based on this criteria.

In 'shipping', are we limited to only getting them (closer) together, or can we explore an established relationship between the two?

Reactception
Group Admin

Both fall under shipping in my book so Imma make an executive choice and say either one works/is allowed!

What’s this? One week later and no entries?

Wait! Don’t cry yet, mares! Perhaps they’re simply such good stories that they need lots more time and effort! There’s still three weeks to go, after all!

Don’t forget, if you want your stories to be judged in this contest, please leave them in the contest folder HERE! We want your ShimGlim!

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Does a story about a breakup count?

I like to mix things up.

Maybe a story about a friendship falling apart, and how and why that happens.
:twilightsmile:

As long as it’s focused on their personal relationship, I’d say it probably counts.

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Seriously, if I wanted to write all my shipfics about romances and never about other kinds of relationships instead, and only about characters getting together or having continuing relationships without ever having things fall apart, I would be a different person.

(That is why I ask these questions.)

Halfway through the contest period! Here's some ShimGlim art to help give some inspiration!

Art by Emmiiv

Looking forward to what's in store!

Every time I try putting these two together, it's like water and potassium, and I think, in terms of chemistry, 'chemcal fire' is not what you are looking for...

I'll keep at it, but this is a difficult pair to do honestly. Just wait as I end up with three crackships

Wow, we're all a bunch of procrastinators, aren't we? :twilightoops:

Art by Emeraldblast63

One week left and no entries? Zoinks! (UPDATE: We now have one! But we could have more!)

It's crunch time, everyone! Remember, you have until the end of the day (Eastern Time) on July 3rd to send in your ShimGlim submissions. Let's not leave our favorite ex-villains hanging!

I would like to add an entry to this contest. Please, count me in.

Mockingbirb
Group Admin

Ok, I might like to see a story that produces three crackships out of two mares. :twilightsmile:

ONLY THREE DAYS LEFT! We have just one entry so far — don’t let it win by default!

Bicyclette
Group Contributor

48 HOURS! :pinkiegasp:

Let’s do this!

Nope, I got nothing but body count... in one case, literally hundreds of thousands! The problem is Starlight, see -- she is narcissistic, impatient, and vicious, and Sunset at any stage is having none of it. Sorry, I really tried for you!

Nothing like a little blood bath to fuel desire :rainbowlaugh:

The final 24 hours is here…

It’s. Time. For. SHIMGLIM!

You can do it! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!

6 hours left!

The ShimGlim Contest is getting a 2-week extension!

THE NEW DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, JULY 17 (end-of-day Eastern Time)!!

Don’t delay! There will only be one second chance!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 36