Comment Club 67 members · 145 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
Comment Club
Group Admin

Submissions for Comment Exchange III are now open, and will be closed on 2024 Mar 20 20:00 ET. The reading period is planned to be 2024 Mar 24 - Apr 07.

If you are new or unfamiliar with Comment Exchange, please refer to the Quick Guide and/or the Rules!

To submit, you may PM this account, or use the Google Form.

If you choose to PM this account, please include the following information:

• Links to fics of the submission (up to 5)
  • A short blurb describing your submission. If there are any relevant content warnings not written in the fics' longdescs, please include them here.
  • If you are the author of all the fics, have permission from all the authors of the fics, or do not have permission of all the authors of the fics
  • If you want the comments to be Positive Comments Only; Constructive Criticism Okay; or Honest As You Like
Comment Club
Group Admin

Entries to the round are now closed. Here are the submissions:

Entry 1: Wishberry

EWishberry
Strawberry Sunrise makes some bold claims about her home-grown strawberries. The good citizens of Ponyville take these claims a tad too seriously.
mushroompone · 18k words  ·  79  2 · 651 views
  • Submitter: Red
  • Description: This wonderful story contains one of the most compelling characterizations of Strawberry Sunrise I have ever read. It's outstanding in what it accomplishes and the depth of every character involved.
  • The Author: Neither approved nor disapproved this submission
  • Tone: Positive Comments Only

Entry 2: The Silent Wind; Don't Stop Believing

EThe Silent Wind
One cold winter morning, Twilight wakes up alone.
Zontan · 2.2k words  ·  124  5 · 3.3k views
TDon't Stop Believing
Heavy is the head that wears the crown
Seer · 14k words  ·  35  1 · 307 views
  • Description: Don't Stop Believing is a sequel to The Silent Wind, there's more details on the order in the description. This is a great and chilling story, and Seer is very proud of it.

Entry 3: Salmon Run; Phantom Limb

ESalmon Run
When the leaves turn golden and crisp, fried by the Summer Sun to a tender perfection, the salmon come home to die.
mushroompone · 1.6k words  ·  48  0 · 454 views
EPhantom Limb
When the sky turns from clear to ash, and the sun fades to a distant memory, will the birds appear in the morning?
The Red Parade · 2.1k words  ·  26  0 · 128 views
  • Description: A fantastical and mysterious experimental piece. Salmon Run is an amazing meditative experience, I also wrote a sequel to it :P (any comments are fine for mine)

Entry 4: Saigonshy

TSaigonshy
Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy adapt the first half of Miss Saigon/Madame Butterfly.
Violet CLM · 22k words  ·  22  6 · 1.1k views
  • Submitter: SparklingTwilight
  • Description: 1- It's dark with heavy subject matter and it's a great adaptation of
    Miss Saigon, which won three Tony awards in 1991. Despite the darkness,
    it has humor and heart, especially in its pony casting and its amusing
    juxtaposition of the ponies' pleasant world against the background of a
    terrible war, focusing on people caught in a swirling typhoon of
    tragedy.

Entry 5: Igneous Rock Slide

TIgneous Rock Slide
Igneous Rock Pie has found a cave on his property. Will it prove to be worth going in? Or will it prove to be more trouble than it's worth?
2SuriYourself · 5.3k words  ·  10  0 · 243 views
  • Description: 2- It's a tragedy that this story hasn't reached ten votes. This
    adaptation of a documentary on a historical event ends a bit differently
    than expected. A spare struggle. If you're claustrophobic, avoid. But
    if you're not, and you're in for Igneous Rock Pie confronting an
    immovable obstacle, I suspect you might enjoy!

Entry 6: Detective Rarity and The Missing Pincushion

TDetective Rarity and The Missing Pincushion
Detective Rarity returns, this time to find her missing pincushion.
Twinsez · 3.4k words · 260 views
  • Description: 3- An intentionally over-dramatic comic mystery. Alas, it has not yet reached ten votes on the site--and it deserves it!

Entry 7: The Two Doctors

TThe Two Doctors
Doctor Caballeron is down on his luck, and just as he's finally found something without Daring Do getting in the way, a mysterious pony calling himself "Doctor Whooves" appears.
Silver Needle · 10k words  ·  12  3 · 303 views
  • Submitter: AltruistArtist
  • Description: A very enjoyable romantic romp featuring the unlikely pairing of Dr. Whooves and Dr. Caballeron that perfectly captures an adventure flick pastiche. (And was also one of the winners of the M/M Shipping Contest III!)

Entry 8: Mr Perfect

TMr Perfect
But for whom, if not for them?
AShadowOfCygnus · 10k words  ·  29  1 · 697 views
  • Submitter: AltruistArtist
  • Description: A challenging psychological horror from an author whose work I really admire. This story explores a developing relationship between Fluttershy and an unnamed stallion who, despite never speaking, seems to embody all the traits of her ideal romantic partner. However, the closer they become, the more her friends begin to worry. This is a complex piece that multiple meanings can be drawn from. (Content warning for death and a scene of violence involving head trauma).

Entry 9: Speak Not Of The End Of The World

TSpeak Not Of The End Of The World
When Strawberry Sunrise was eight years old, she watched as the sun blinked. It vanished for exactly four seconds, and Strawberry knew she had just seen the end of the world.
Shaslan · 22k words  ·  33  1 · 631 views
  • Submitter: Bicyclette
  • Description: 2nd place winner of the Science Fiction Contest II. An *Interstellar*-esque tale of a dying Equestria told backwards, and a tale of an alien species trying to find a new home planet, intertwined tragically. Hauntingly beautiful, I cannot recommend it enough

Entry 10: Flashbang

TFlashbang
Flash Magnus and Flash Sentry compete against each other to win Twilight Sparkle's affections.
daOtterGuy · 15k words  ·  56  11 · 762 views
  • Description: I adore the structure of this piece, with each chapter starting with Flash Magnus going on about the origin of a phrase in his centuries-dead argot, inevitably applying in some way to the present-day story of him and Flash Sentry competing to win Twilight Sparkle's affections until they end up both winning each other's. The fun character dynamics and the inventiveness of the cultural worldbuilding are some of the best I have ever seen.

Entry 11: I Can't Ask Fluttershy Out

EI Can't Ask Fluttershy Out
Fluttershy's human counterpart wants a date with the kind mare but success is elusive.
SparklingTwilight · 1000 words  ·  24  5 · 486 views
  • Description: Really glad this ended up getting Bronze in the Thousand Words Contest II. There's so much potential for pathos and the examination of the human condition that comes from a world where humans and ponies can actually interact, and this one captures a beautiful slice of it in just a thousand words.
Comment Club
Group Admin

Preferences have been received! Assignments have been sent! Happy reading all!

Bicyclette
Group Admin
TMr Perfect
But for whom, if not for them?
AShadowOfCygnus · 10k words  ·  29  1 · 697 views

oof, this one was gutwrenching. very glad nothing was spoiled for me going in, so i won't spoil anything here, so all i'll say is that the beautiful prose really did serve the story in its final sections

Saigonshy completed

Two Doctors completed

Bicyclette
Group Admin

Entry 1: Wishberry

EWishberry
Strawberry Sunrise makes some bold claims about her home-grown strawberries. The good citizens of Ponyville take these claims a tad too seriously.
mushroompone · 18k words  ·  79  2 · 651 views

just love how living and breathing each and every one of the characters were in this! their dynamics and character growth just felt so real throughout. and the Strawberry sass was so good!

Bicyclette
Group Admin

Entry 2: The Silent Wind; Don't Stop Believing

EThe Silent Wind
One cold winter morning, Twilight wakes up alone.
Zontan · 2.2k words  ·  124  5 · 3.3k views
TDon't Stop Believing
Heavy is the head that wears the crown
Seer · 14k words  ·  35  1 · 307 views

oh, this one was just haunting! the worldbuilding behind its alicorn lore really was just something else, as sickening to take in as it was worthy of its own epic scope. i do not want to come up with and execute its ideas, but i sure wish i had the ability

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10