Rarity 2,008 members · 3,867 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Ok, I just read a story that look like it was going to do and idea I really wanted to see, but it didn't fall through, so I'm here to ask you guys, are there any stories here, where Twilight teaches Rarity magic, or where Rarity good with magic, because i'm getting so tired of reading stories of Rarity being, "Wow twilight so powerful, I could never hope to do that, Twilight as more power in her hoof, then I have in my whole body, I'm so weak compare to her. so that story I read really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Final Corruption, admittedly a story I did. But it's one of the very few where Rarity is better at magic and is the one who teaches Twilight.

Rarity has taught Twilight magic in the show. She taught her the gem finding spell. The show itself shows she is far better at lots of light objects in her telekinesis where Twilight rarely picks small individual items rather grouping them as one. Books for example are usually picked up as a stack where Rarity would pick up multiple books separately.

7356892 I don't think Rarity is weak when it comes to magic. Sure Twilight knows a lot of spells but in general she is a jack of all trades. Rarity on the other hand... Er... Hoof, uses her magic for tasks pertaining to her profession, like sowing, which if you think about it, requires a lot of precision.

I don't think Rarity bad with magic either, but I'm talking about fanfic stories, not the show.

Glad someone else noticed this too! My version of Rarity has her being superior with multitasking and "fine-precision" magic for when she's using it to make dresses. Whereas Twilight is a powerhouse, and since her talent is magic, it's easier for her to pick up; plus she's extremely studied, so she actually understands what she's doing; whereas Rarity can just "feel" it.
In my story, she amplifies an "etching" spell into a sort-of "magic beam" to blast monsters. Magic is difficult to use and master, requiring a certain state of mind, and magical reserve, in addition to how to use/summon the spell. But spells that are adjacent to the caster's talent are easier for the caster learn and modify.

I think all Unicorns know how to shoot an offensive beam. And I like to think of it as the equivalent of two bucks like deer butting antlers together. Something not very strong, but enough to get their "point" across. :rainbowlaugh::facehoof: And they have to work to make it stronger.

Look at Estees stories that describe Rarity and I think it's the best description. She is literally the average Unicorn. But unlike so very many she has pushed WHAT she can do with the average power she has. Some Unicorns would shoot beams at each other. Rarity would pick up a dozen needles and go for the eyes of her opponent.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7