Proof-reading, Pre-Reading And Editing 960 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 75 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 75

Title: World Anew, A New Chapter Unfold
Tags: Adventure,Crossover
Description: A trainer who are obsessed in getting stronger and defeating the champions. Intellegent, cheerful yet dense at the same time at trivial matters, Eric Angelo, Trainer extroirdinaire and trainer of the six creatures called Pokémon. Whisked away from his recent journey in Kalos to a new world, Eric attempted to reunite with his teammates and reunite with old friends. Action and adventure awaits Eric and his team as they attempt to reestablish old traditions and journeying to discover the new world's secrets in order to make his mark once more alongside his team.

Note: I already have four chapter finished and all of them are hardly edited or proof read. I ask if you can be an editor for at least a long term ....... a little. Oh and this takes place in the new world new way verse

Focus : proof reading and editing if you can

Preferred form of communication: PM is all I have to guess we'll pm each other

I don't know what else is there to say, but if you're interested please pm me as soon as you can because I've been looking help for a while

Hello, I hope you would take the time to look over my story, I hope it is not too much of an inconvenience to you, I know I'm close to it being correct but punctuation and grammar were always my weakness's.

I live in England, I draw, I write, I compose I love creating stuff, seriously I find it easier to come up with a new piece of music than find the mistakes in my writing so I don't exactly have experience haha.

Username: Zaraxion

Title: A Knights Duty

Tags: Romance, sad

granted it is the prologue only so far, however, I will be adding the other chapters swiftly, hopefully.

The basic summary is: 1000 years ago Equestria was untamed, wild and teeming with dangers but with the arrival of Canterlot's completion the princess's are slowly bringing Equestria back into harmony one challenge at a time. the story follows Silver Crescent a young bat-pony who one day is saved by princess luna and he swears to protect her and bring honor and duty to the knights of Equestria.

I'd love for you to take a crack at it, if it's not too much trouble

Thank you for you're time

I would like to submit my story, All Together, to Equestria Daily, but they asked me to run it by a proofreader before accepting it (that's what I understood anyway). Go figure :twilightsmile:

Title: All Together
Tags: Slice of Life, Human
Rating: Everyone
Description: After their defeat at the hands of the Rainbooms, Adagio, Aria and Sonata search for a new motive. Anything to keep them alive. Their aimless wanderings bring them to the home of two people, who themselves have learned from past mistakes.
Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: A very detailed, touching story about ex-Sirens
Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on: I never really see anything wrong with the stories I write aside from the uncommon spelling mistake or misplaced period, which I get livid about. A general view on my work is appreciated
Other important information: This is one of my more detailed fics. The story started out simple, but it only got more and more flowery from there
Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Fimfiction

1985761 hi I know you probably have a lot of people asking for help and I am one of those people I just need an editor I recently posted a new story and the other one that I have on my page well I have writers block :pinkiesad2: I would really appreciate it if you would take the time and help me out thnx:pinkiehappy:

:pinkiehappy: Oooo! Oooo! Pick me! Pick Me! I'd love for you to be my proofreader! :pinkiehappy:

Title: My Little Pony: Bizarre Adventures! - Part 1:Ponyville Central

Tags: [Comedy],[Adventure],[AU],[Crossover], (Also contains some sad and slice of life)

General Summary: Ponies with Psychic Powers fight Ponies with psychic powers over magical stones that grant psychic powers. Also contains trace amounts of, laughter, mystery, craziness, drama, sincere emotions and heroes overcoming great obstacles and trials the way heroes should.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: Though I have posted the story on FIM fiction I also have a Google Docs link that I could send you if you wanted to make more in depth revisions. All in all though I want to improve the quality of my story for my readers so whatever help you can offer in whatever capacity you can offer would greatly appreciated. Namely I want to work on my grammar and run on sentences to help my story make better sense and flow better from one point to the next.

Form of communication: You can PM me at any time or if you prefer basic email or skyping I'm flexible.

Thanks for your time, I hope you at least have the time to take a look at my story! Have a great night!
LateBronyWriter

Hey I'm LateBronyWriter, and have we got a show for you!

Title: My Little Pony: Bizarre Adventures! - Part 1:Ponyville Central

Tags: [Comedy],[Adventure],[AU],[Crossover], (Also contains some sad and slice of life)

General Summary: Ponies with Psychic Powers fight Ponies with psychic powers over magical stones that grant psychic powers. Also contains trace amounts of, laughter, mystery, craziness, drama, sincere emotions and heroes overcoming great obstacles and trials the way heroes should.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: Though I have posted the story on FIM fiction I also have a Google Docs link that I could send you if you wanted to make more in depth revisions. All in all though I want to improve the quality of my story for my readers so whatever help you can offer in whatever capacity you can offer would greatly appreciated. Namely I want to work on my grammar and run on sentences to help my story make better sense and flow better from one point to the next.

Form of communication: You can PM me at any time or if you prefer basic email or skyping I'm flexible.

Thanks for your time, I hope you at least have the time to take a look at my story! Have a great night!
LateBronyWriter

Hey here's my story if you're interested.

Title: We Need A Hero

Tags: Sad, Dark, Adventure

Ratings: Teen (Might move to M)

Description: An adventure fic that follows Twilight after she is thrown back in time to an Equestria when Discord and Sombra are both still in power.

We are looking for a proofreader and editor.

Title: Either Bearers of Harmony or The Eighteenth Bearers (Title Pending)
Tags: Alternate Universe, Adventure, Comedy
Rating: Everyone, at most a light Teen
General Summary/Description: Based on this blog post, the Order of the Bearers of Harmony have defended Equestria ever since Nightmare Moon's banishment. When all the current bearers simultaneously retire, the Mane Six are selected as the new bearers, just a few short months before the return of Nightmare Moon. Can this eclectic mix really learn to be friends and wield the power of the elements in time? I'd say what the analysts think, but they're all laughing their horseshoes off.
What type of help are you looking for?: I need proofreading the most, but if you have time for editing and/or pre-reading as well I'd gladly accept it.
Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: This will be a novel length story once it is finished, although I'm currently a little over 3000 words through chapter one. While this is ultimately an adventure story, there will be plenty of slice of life moments.
Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on: Spelling, grammar, and plot holes.
Other important information: I already have one pre-reader and am seeking other editors as well. I intend to publish the first chapter once I've finished two, followed by a new chapter either every month or after writing two chapters, whichever is sooner.
Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: PMs, comments on GDocs, I can do e-mail if you want.

Title: Photo Dash
Tags: Comedy, Random, Slice of Life
General Summary/Description:
"

"In fairness, the openers are not in-universe cannon (discord is shown living in Flutter's home, despite three's a crowd implying he lives somewhere else) and the mirror universe converts dragons into dogs and dogs into humans, turning alter egos into serperate enities (like the shadow bolts, an alternate form of nightmare moon) does not seem far off in my opinion, i would like to see a main series where they are both in the same shot in the same scene and is clearly seperate characters in-universe."
-here, on deviant art

Ponies, and in general most everybody, keeps secrets in in form in another, right every one, right? But there is one cyan Pegasus who has a rather surprising secret about the tomboy, but first, you gotta know somethin' 'bout me over here.

*Coughs*

I AM PRINCE ARTSY CANVAS, ALICORN OF THE ARTS AND IMAGINATION AND I WILL SERVE AS THE NARRATOR (WHO NEVER TAKEs ANYTHING SERIOUSLY EVER) OF THIS SEMI-BIZARRE ABOUT RAINBOW DASH AND HER BIZARRE FASHIONISTA SECRETS!!!

Now moving on with our tale....What is Photo hiding?....What is Rainbow hiding?....RPAGEABSDUESRDF, EEMV SI'TCIE!

based on a personal headcannon of mine, with the above comment being a argument of why it's still the case and possibly canon. My oc, Artsy Canvas will serve as the narrator, as he did for my early proto-fics

the cover art is the image from the deviantart page link from above
props to stanku as the proffer
Disclaimer: (insert standard licensing disclaimer here)...and Constructive criticism is the best criticism, all other criticisms are, above all, pointless of fixing the issues and thus will be considered useless and will be deleted, the only reason i bothered writing this is that they are not any other fanfics where Photo Finish is a stage name for Rainbow Dash, but recommendations with this headcanon as a plot element are welcome, as long as you put the link in the comment.

Part of the "BEGIN YOUR DARKEST RISE" universe i made, and is at the start, in before "The Torcher Never Stops" and "Rainbow's Darkest Rise""
Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: This is my first work, but i am making a multi-chapter rewrite while the first chapter is the old version (hint: the chapters with the name "Final ReMix" in it is part of the multi-chapter rewrite). you can point thing out some flaws with the original, but i pretty much put it their for nostalgia purposes and can, and will be, ignored...
Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): General characterization, pacing, and overall execution
Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Comment on the story page or send me an email through this site...

1985761 I would if you would edit my story because im new to this and want the best for my readers I only have one story so It will be easy to find

1985761 Hallo,
I'm a beginning writer and am still quite inexperienced with the English language and am looking for a proofreader/editor.
My story is still in the works and I need help with editing the older and chapters and the newer once's (Chapter 1 is already edited)
Any ideas on how to continue the story are also welcome.

Title : The Beginning of a New Adventure
Tags : Sex, Romance, Adventure, Sad
Rating : Mature
Description : This is a long story about Twilight and Rainbow Dash how they started their relationship and what happens after it.

The main focus is improved grammar/dialogue and emotional expressions. (But other improvements are always welcome)
From of communication PM is preferred but I'm open to other ways/means of communication

Hi, I need someone to preread my work and search for all mistakes I have made. I'll just copy paste my previous post, no one having answered.

Title: Come on and smile!

Tags: Sad/Dark/Slice of life (Not sure for all of them as I'm not that familiar with the subtle meaning of some tags)

Rating: Teen

General Summary/Description: Pinkie Pie and Pinkie from The Wall (Pink Floyd). I want to cross those two characters and make a story out of it, detailing why our funny pink pony is always smiling and is eager to make others smile.

What type of help are you looking for?: Editor mostly because I'm French and I want to improve both my writing skills and my English grammar. And Prereader secondly, I am looking for criticism. Is the pace good? Is it believable? Is this line out of character?

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: This will be a multi-chapter story, based on the songs by Pink Floyd. There won't be a chapter for each songs, but probably a chapter for several songs. The goal is to explain basically what does it implies to build a wall made of all the trauma someone can experience in his life.

The story will takes place around season one and the episode Party of one.

The first chapter is already written so I can send it quickly for at least a peek

If you want to also be a Prereader, a good knowledge of The wall is required, so you should have listen to the album several times and seen the movie. If not, it can be an occasion to discover it (trust me, it is worht it). But if you only want to be an Editor, it is not required.

It is also my first Fanfic and also my first story that I write in English.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on: As I said, mostly on grammar and misspells, and also on punctuation.

Other important information: I have some spare time so no need to rush. I believe that time and patience are the best combination in creating.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Fimfiction PM, mail, or Skype (you'll need some patience with the latter because I don't always understand properly when spoken in English). As for G-docs, I'm not familiar with it so you may need to explain it to me if you want to use it.

1985761 Title: Hunters: Missions of Peace

Tags (clop/gore is a separate tag): Adventure, Human, AU, Dark(later), Romance(later)

Rating: Teen

General Summary/Description:Long ago an ancient war threatened to consume the world in fire. From the flames stepped forth a Great Mage who sought to bring peace to the land. Before they could finish this crusade they perished. Planning for their death they helped establish schools to carry on their will. Now schools teach students in the ways of the Great Mage. From one of these schools a studious mage and a hot head half fiend must complete their training to do their part in saving the world. Will they succeed? Or will they be consumed in fire?

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: It is not complete, I do not write it solo(I have a few co writers and am usually keeping an eye out for others just in case). I can't think of anything else.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional): Nothing I can think of at the moment....

Other important information: It's heavily inspired by anime.

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Skype, but I also am fine with PMs

Hello Crackers, Thank you for sharing. I hope that we can continue our first interaction on this site beyond the survives you offer.
i also hope that the way I type this to you is acceptable as per your request. While i normally do not share details on line, since you have done so, and request it, it is only fair I do the same.
I do not offer any of the services you listed. As a new member of the group, and having joined a little over a week I lack the on site experiences. My true skill, if minor, is drawing, writing being a casual way me and friends discuss our ideas related to said drawings.Here's to my first story potentially being reviewed by you.

Title; Finding My Muse.
Tags; Sex *are they and the clop tag the same?*,Romance,Sad,Slice of Life, drama.

what i need from you: anything, cept editing if you are not up for it, i have tried altering this one chapter from 2nd person to 1rst, it dose have flash back,

Description: Barry Two-tone spent his entire youth clawing his way to success as a singer for the sake of his family. Years of burying his issues within left the musician bitter. His bottled emotions drive him to snap, causing a certain princess to intervene, believing time in Ponyville may help the cynical entertainer find inspiration as well as relearn the value of friendship. Will it work? Maybe.
Couldn't hurt to read on and find out, right?

thank you in advance for any choice you make.
-L3thAl

Hello Serene, how are you? I am not any of the three things you listed, I write in my spare time, and my preferred medium is drawing.Thank you for your services. I hope my request meets your standards. I look forward to interacting with you and others beyond making this request. I am a member of this group for not even a day, and part of this site for not even a week. My story got published, but I find myself in constant need of fixing things and would like your help.I feel a little guilty for imposing even if you are here to help, but a focus on errors I make would be a good start, If you have the time, feel free to add any other suggestions.

title: Finding My Muse.

tags: Drama Sex Romance Sad Slice of life Sad

description:
"Barry Two-tone spent his entire youth clawing his way to success as a singer for the sake of his family. Years of burying his issues within left the musician bitter. His bottled emotions drive him to snap, causing a certain princess to intervene, believing time in Ponyville may help the cynical entertainer find inspiration as well as relearn the value of friendship. Will it work? Maybe.
Couldn't hurt to read on and find out, right?"

Hi Crackers,

i'm looking for a proof reader an Editor would be great but you don't have to, for my story I just began to write.
It's about a jaeger that arrives in equestria (i'm not gonna follow the lore of Pacific rim.) that is commanded by Sheila (who is the main character.)

Title: Equestrian's Jaeger.

Rating: M for mature.

Tags: AU (alternate universe), anthro, crossover, Human, romance, sci-fi, Sex and gore are there for the safe side.

Promblem: It's mostly grammar and punctuations.

(I need a proof reader so I can submit the story.)

1985761 Hi I don't know if I'm doing this right but can you proof read this story?

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/360370/1/luna-the-terrible-and-virile/politics-and-penis

It's an M rated clop comedy. Please tell me if I sent the wrong link because I've never done this before.

1985761 Think you could proofread my story
Title: Sisters
Tags: Adventure, Random, Mystery, Sad
Description: After many visits to the Crystal Empire, Twilight and her friends finally get to go without any problems or duties. Twilight visits the crystal library and stumbles upon a hidden section. She learns a shocking secret about her family history and realizes all the lies she has been told by her brother, parents, and Celestia. She must come to terms with her friends, family, and her sister. First fanfiction ever.
Preferred method of communication: PM
Here is a link https://www.fimfiction.net/story/365824/sisters

Title: Several. (... and one count of theft)(True Submission)(Stars and legends)(Born in light, forged in darkness)(Rarity, im pretty sure you're dead.)(Service mares)(A slice of poundcake)
Tags: (Clop, romance, polyamory)(Clop, bdsm)(Romance, drama)(Adventure, slightly dark overtones)(Adventure, shortfic)(Clop, Bdsm, dom/sub slave/master, futa among others.)(Incest, futa, clop.)

Description: (follow up to 373 counts of littering, pinkie is pregnant and unable to help her well endowed mistress.) (Tirek rapes Twilight only sort of)(Rainbow Dash and Scoots are older and one has just popped the question.) (It's Twilight's examanation day and things go horribly wrong.) (Rarity has been working really hard on an order and hasnt left her boutique in awhile, Twilight is worried.)(Nightmare moon wins, in a way noone saw coming and takes Twilight and Cadance as her service mares.)(Futa mrs cake fucks her femy son.)

Things you need to know: I write alot, I move from one project to another relatively quickly and my backlog is large. Pick a story and let me know if you wouldnt mind lending me a hand. Im usually pretty good with spelling and grammer but I do miss a few things. I dont need tons of help but you can only read a story so many times before you become blind to your own errors.

Specific things to focus on: Light spelling and grammer and sentances that just dont sound right.

Other: Since I write so much across a variety of topics I have to coordinate multiple editors so if you wouldnt mind stating what kind of help you wouldnt mind offering and what your speed is i'd apreciate it.

Preferred form of communication: PM me here but i have got everything but smoke signals and carrier pigeon so whatever you want after that.

Dear Serene
Would like to have you as and editor I'm going to try and post a chapter every week and need help getting the story published in the first place
So if you like I would be honored to have and editor.
Thank You

hi there first time doing anything like thisso i am a bit nervus about opening up but im writing a story wich i am going to put up on here once its all compleat any ways getting off track a bit i was hopeing you could help me with my storie sorry for not providing much but like i say i am new to asking for help so just ask me what you whant to know and i can give you the answers

Hi, would like to ask for your help

Title: A Pegasus Promise

Tags: Sad, Romance, Slice of life

General Summary/Description:
Life is short.

That's something Fluttershy can painfully vouch for in the aftermath of the tragedy that stole one of her friend. But the most beautiful thing blooms from the most vile situation. At least that's what Fluttershy's mindset is set on when she make an important promise to her friend.

But in order to fullfil her promise, she will have to shatter her own limits.

Information the reviewer needs in order to review your work: You will need the password to review the fic. Just PM me. And english is not my first language so I already made a rough translation using a traduction software.

Specific things you want the reviewer to focus on (optional, but appreciated): I need a major check about every aspect of the story, synthax, grammars, tense, etc. But I would also love your opinion

Form of communication you want to use with your reviewer: Probably do it by PM

Thanks!

I'm looking for a proof reader/editor/spell check. so far I've only completed chapter 1 going to work on some other projects for awhile. last time i wrote to be published..... well it was last millennium and even then i was never good at spelling and punctuation. now with my nerve damage my mind moves much faster then my typing skills,

in order to make everything easier i have brought it into note pad but i also have an unpublished version here. as i am on vacation for this week I'll leave my discord open (CyberneticCephalopod#8417) and check in on it between paint coats *eye roll*

Comment posted by Aether Spark deleted Mar 1st, 2023
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 75