School for New Writers 5,018 members · 9,698 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
The Dean
Group Admin

Good day students,

I have a very special extra curricular activity for you today. The School for New Writers is participating in a regional contest, The Everfree Northwest Pre-Con Contest. This means writing a 1,000 - 3,000 word pg story related to the theme of making new friends. And be sure to read the details to make sure you aren't disqualified for submitting the wrong thing.

We are helping them judge and promote their contest in return for the same once we get to our own contests going. Only they have a lot more prizes, like, crazy awesome prizes. But, this will be a good experience for some of our staff as the great teacher migration of 2013 forced us to find new sacrifices, I mean Union workers who may not have had experience with contests before.

Of course, I expect all the winners to be from this school. We're disciplined here darn-it, and I demand nothing short of perfection. To be fair though, not everyone is perfect nor can everypony be a winner. As a school it is our duty to provide the resources you need to be the best you can be. So if you are participating in the contest, or want to help others who are, feel free to post bellow to help find yourselves editors and pre-readers for this event or to volunteer your souls time.

-To the victor go the spoils.

4130106 I will be entering this contest with the story: My Friend Tenty.

Anypony is welcome to comment on anything and everything. I love all kinds of feedback because I want to make this story as good as it can be.

Piquo Pie
Group Contributor

AHHHH THAT PICTURE IS SOOOOOOO CREEEEEPY.

Damned kids.

(A message from old man Piquo)

EverfreeNorthwest
Official EFNW

4130123 4130106

That is a really cool and really creepy image. I haven't read your fic but I thought I should mention that you have a Teen rating. While it is entirely possible for a teen rating to win the "R" word you referenced will likely mean you go beyond the PG rating of the story.

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

The Dean
Group Admin

4130123 4130140

My apologies, I forgot to include some of the details in the post. Please note I have added a line about the basic guidelines for the contest.

4130126 4130140 I think tentacles are cute. They're made for hugging. It's like their only purpose of existence.

PG means Parental guidance advised and this story is just about two fillies talking. Nothing suggestive happens 'on screen'. I think I'll be fine. Thanks for the heads up, though.

Edit: It seems I'm not fine.

Somewhat off topic, but can I just say that, as someone who has been with the group pretty much since day one, it is really cool seeing it involved in a thing like this.

I think I'll try to throw my hat in the ring if I find the time. Never tried entering a writing contest before. All the more reason to try one now.

Piquo Pie
Group Contributor

As the head of the Everfree Northwest Writing Track I can say that the mention of rape is way to far. Pretty much anything sexual is over a PG rating except a tasteful cut to black. Mentioning things sexual or using the word rape is very much a pg13 term.

Hey, flocks, AJ here, also known as the autistic pony.
So yeah, I entered this contest last year, and didn't place high and got a N score from that one guy (for those who know what I meant and gone through that as well, power to yay)
Anyways, so yeah, my two best editors are busy with school, so I'd defientlyvwouodbt mind some help.
I actually don't hope to win with my current level, but any help I can get to one day get a Fic featured on EQD would be great and eternally in my debut

I'll help edit should the need arise. PM me for details, my credentials are in The Proofreading Group.

My entry could use some polishing up before it's submitted. Here's a link: Link

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11