• Published 8th May 2024
  • 172 Views, 24 Comments

Muffins: The Solution (and Cause) to All of Life's Problems - Tape Deck



Can't a mare eat a carrot cake muffin in peace?

  • ...
0
 24
 172

The Next Day (written by The Storyteller). (Canon?)

The next day...

>knock knock<

Grumbling, Carrot Top stumbled out of bed and staggered to her front door. Shen opened it to find a smiling pegasus looking up at her. "Derpy? It's five in the morning...what are you doing here?"

Derpy's grin grew even broader as she held a plate of muffins out to her. "I just couldn't wait another minute to try one of your carrot cake muffins, so I brought you these to trade!"

Carrot Top stared at the muffins, then gazed at her with a flat expression. "These all have bites taken out of them..."

Derpy's face flushed. "Heh heh...like I said, I couldn't wait!"

"..."

"..."

"So! Can I have one?!"

The door slammed as Carrot Top went back to bed.

Author's Note:

Go check out this guy.
His stories are great.

Comments ( 13 )

11901908
Love this ending idea, great way to bring it full circle.


11901949
No worries! More than happy to offer feedback and ideas. It's exciting to see more people pick up the parchment and quill.
P.P.S. Now that you mention it, I guess my first story Opposites is a Rarity focused one, with Derpy as a secondary character.

I like to prank call people in Turkmenistan and Chad and all the obscure countries lel

11906866
Y'know, plenty of people would be annoyed, but I approve of this. Especially since I'm fond of geography myself. And thanks for the like, I assume?

11906875
Yep I gave you a like. Isn’t it amazing how few people know anything about geography though? Yeah I’m a geography enthusiast lol.

11906884
And how the heck did I already get another like, because you were eleven, and now I'm at twelve. That's crazy.

I've spent many an hour just looking at Google Maps.

11906890
How weird! And so do I! I use google maps on my iPhone every day to look at random shit around the world lol. Like I said, sometimes I actually call random hotels and businesses in other countries around the world and have conversations with random people so I can understand their country’s culture better lmao.

11906892
Nice. Well, it's bed for me.
Hope Buck sees what I did.

11906898
I honestly have no idea.

11906899
But do you like me?

11906900
Sure, from the like less than five hours I've known you, sure.
(I'm actually heading to bed now. G'night.)

11906902
Fair enough. Goodnight good sir.

Login or register to comment