The Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau 5,483 members · 49,613 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Some months have passed since the destruction of the Memory Stone. Wallflower Blush has entered a new school year, her last at CHS, and so far, things have been looking up. Talking to people is getting easier, and she even has a few friends to her name.

But dealing with social repercussions is still a thing that Wallflower has struggled with all her life. Making a few connections is all well and good, but what about deeper connections? What about one-on-one bonding? What about dating? With the shield of the Memory Stone gone, how can Wallflower find a safe way to experience consequences?

Luckily, her first date with Moondancer is certain to give her some much-needed education on the subject. Even if it takes a few more first dates than normal.

Cover art self-assembled

Faulty Connection, a dual entry into the ongoing May Pairings contest and the nearly-over Science Fiction contest, brings two of MLP's most famous sulking, brooding, and frustrated characters together in a very unique manner. The premise above sounds simple enough, but, well, I didn't put this story in the Sci-Fi Contest by accident. Needless to say, expect some surprises as things go along, though I don't want to give too much away.

Though it is a contest entry, it was a story I felt passionate about writing, at a time where I've felt rather not-passionate about writing in general. It's on the longer side for a one-shot, but it is complete and, I hope, will keep you hooked throughout. If you're interested in offbeat relationship stories and less space-bound forms of science fiction, I really hope you can give this a read, and feedback is always appreciated.

TFaulty Connection
Wallflower and Moondancer's first date isn't going well. For Wallflower, it's disappointing, but not unexpected. Their next first date, however, should go great.
EileenSaysHi · 8.9k words  ·  66  8 · 404 views

Written by EileenSaysHi, author of Late-Night Conversations, What My Destiny is Telling Me, Twilight's BlÄhaj, and Her Warmth.

Praise for Faulty Connection

"Wonderful work capturing Wallflower's two steps forward and one step back[...] Great character study for both."
-- FanOfMostEverything

"This might be one of the most brilliant things I've read on this site. Extremely well done. I'm going to have to carve out room in my Top 10."
-- Wing

"[C]aught me entirely off guard in the best way possible."
-- Dewdrops on the Grass

"[E]xtremely well-written and well-presented[...] really great. A thought provoker for sure.
-- Soaring

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2