The Wonderverse 267 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 69 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 69

Hello everypony!

So this thread is all about possible predictions in the stories and chapters to come!

Now, please understand that this is a discussion as to what you all believe will happen, not a means of making an idea actually happen.

So, I think a good format to go with would be to say what story your predicting from and then give the prediction. IF you can say why or give a bit of evidence as to what gave you that prediction, I know I as well as Calm wind, would LOVE to read it all! And every character in the Wonderverse is fair-game here.

ps- evidence or an explanation isn't required.

Well, I tried that with Squall and Storm being half brothers, and I still wonder how that would have played out.

Hmm... that 'Shadowbolt' that was following the lead squad... Still think it's somepony Silver knows.

And Luna... she's engaged the services of the Shadowbolts that she could find after their base of operations was put out of commission.

Piercing the Heavens:

I believe that through all the nitty gritty battles and Himalayan mountain rage of climactic rise and falls, there will be some wedding bells a ringing. For who? I can't say just yet cause we all know how Calm loves to throw curve balls when we all expect a fastball. :pinkiehappy::trollestia::eeyup:

4105292 Luna contracted the Shadowbolts? You have my attention cause... thats actually kinda neat

I have the sneaking feeling that at one point in the future, Silver is going to have his recruits go up against Squad Zero again so that they can be defeated and he can spite them.

4105299 Given the tone of the conversation she had with that mysterious pony, who didn't seen to show any respect towards Luna, leads me to suspect this.

4105300 Hmm... so pit the prototype squad against the rookies? that could be interesting

True. Hmm... maybe to keep Soarin in check?

4105333 Perhaps... perhaps Luna also knows they are the only ones that can stop him, should the worst happen.

Which brings me onto another idea I just had... the dark magic got into him after the battle with the shadowbolts, where Nightshade disappeared right? So why don't they try 'downloading' the magic into an empty crystal? Luna can then hurl into the sun.

I may be reading into some of what we've seen so far but here is my theory on whats going on with Soarin's magic:

I believe that the reason why Celestia is absent is due to the ritual imparting part of her essence to Soarin. The ritual was originally designed by Sombra as a way in which to bypass mortality. However, how the spell was supposed to work remains a mystery. I believe it was designed to be used as a kind of transference.

When Soarin was at death's door, Celestia recalled that Sombra wasn't powerful enough to bring the spell to fruition. Perhaps just casting the spell was his end goal in that it was designed to act as a phylactery; containing within it a piece of his soul.

Just a theory.

Eveyann
Group Contributor

well there might be a battle agaist squad zero maybe if they get brain washed by nightshade or somepony and Rainbow dash could become the captian of he squad (Is she all ready I cant remember)

4105294 looks like I'm not the only person who thinks there will be 'wedding bells a ringing' :yay:

Calm Wind
Group Admin

*boucning in his seat*

i LOVE reading these! It makes me feel like a real author :twilightblush:

*points to* See?!? That right there... THIS.... this is why I made this cause... dude, and something else, after every chapter I totally wanna see this thread blow up!

4105441 nope. I foresee them as well.

4105458 there's a few of us then... It has in a way been hinted at, but that could just be a way to through us off. No reason why it wouldn't happen though :pinkiehappy:

4105466 it is Calm. We'll never know.

4105476 Now the real question is... Whos bells are ringing?

4105571 well, there's the obvious one and the not so obvious ones. The obvious one is probably more likely, but still, it's Calm we're talking about.

(I'd like it to be the obvious one though if it happens :rainbowkiss:)

4105591 Cryptic! I'm kidding I also hope that the obvious one is the one. Or maybe the not so obvious. BOTH!!! That would make everything perfect! :pinkiehappy:

As for my theories, I don't really have anything. I know that Celestia's been missing in action since Head in the Clouds but I don't know what could have happened to her. And Luna seems to know more than she lets on if Discord's hinting mean anything.

4105739 I'd like the obvious one...but as you said, it's too obvious. However, the not so obvious ones don't seem likely either, so maybe none? :unsuresweetie:

Yes, both would be perfect! :pinkiehappy:

4105330 have it as a show for how powerful the recruits have become. (But Squad Zero still kicks their tails)

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4105456 Now that I have a dedicated place for my theories, it will. I can guarantee that. :pinkiecrazy: :rainbowlaugh:
Unfortunately, I have no more theories at this point. :fluttercry: Will have to bake some more. :pinkiehappy: Surprised no one has brought up the Watcher from 53 yet, though.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

I think the obvious one in this case will depend on how much of a struggle the next part of the story is. We can already see how strong their bond with each other is, and so far the only thing stopping them right now is their current job and the belief that all is still well. I predict a near-death experience by one will prompt the reaction from the other. At the very least a proposal isn't out of the question.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4105292 A theory on the Watcher? :pinkiegasp: :pinkiehappy:
Any specific points that make you think this way, or is it just a gut feeling?

4108504 that's a more detailed version of what I thought. If ,let's say, Rainbow, were to have a near-death experience then Soarin would realise how much he needed her in his life. It was different in Flying Sky-High though, as it was both of them having a near-death experience so they would've gone together. No need for a question to be asked, then.

4108514 Um... who is the Watcher, exactly?

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4108522 It's what I like to call the Shadowbolt from Chapter 53 of Piercing the Heavens, stemming from the fact that he never attacked any of the Wonderbolts, but merely watched them. The most popular theory regarding him right now is the one where he's actually Storm's father.

4108531 Well, given what he said about the younger ponies, that is why I feel his is in some way related to Silver (Not family related, just knows him.)

Storm's father... it's possible, I guess. Nothing is there to say either of these theor...wait...
Storm's father... Blizzard Strike (who some think are still alive)... what if they're THE SAME PONY?!?!?!?!?!

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4108549 Unfortunately, Calm has confirmed the death of Blizzard Strike. :fluttercry:
Silver and the Watcher are most likely contemporaries with each other, though, given their ages.

4108561 I know, but still... it's the kind of thing I'd pull, so it's what I expect to happen.

The Watcher being Storm's father though... I'm not so sure. He seemed more interested in Soarin...

...wait. Was the pony on Luna's balcony male or female. If male, it could be Luna sent him to keep an eye on Soarin. Now, if he was Storm's father, that's putting him in a real shit position.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4108573 Male, but it seemed more like Descent than the Watcher, based on the limited dialogue samples we have on the Watcher. Plus, it would make sense for Descent to be leading any surviving Shadowbolts, given his position.

It's possible that Luna is having them keep an eye on Soarin, but I'm not so sure on that point. Soarin was the one to spot the Watcher, but it doesn't mean that Soarin was the Watcher's target, much less that the Watcher was actually contracted to observe him. Until we know how the Shadowbolts have been contracted, and for what purpose, this one could go either way. The last chapter seemed to indicate that the Shadowbolts were fighting something, though.

So with the new chapter out, any new predictions? Who could this massive and stupidly strong shadowbolt be?

believe it or not, but before they described him fully, I nearly thought that it was a certain sky blue pony we all know

With the new chapter I'm just going to throw a random theory out there. What if the female voice inside Soarin's head is actually Celestia. I dunno. Some interesting things that were said at the beginning of the chapter told me I might be right.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4130438 Was just thinking that. It would explain where she went after Head in the Clouds. And if the male voice is the spirit of Sombra....

Comment posted by Sky Melody deleted Mar 2nd, 2015

4131843 That would make sense, but then how would Discord be able to talk to Celestia? He'd have to travel inside Soarin's mind or something. Also, assuming killing Soarin, killed the voices, wouldn't that kill part of Celestia too? I don't think Discord would do that and Luna wouldn't approve either.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4131970 Very true. I will admit that this theory is the least-supported of all those that I have at the moment, and needs much more information to be properly fleshed-out. It depends solely on Celestia's absence since Head in the Clouds, and needs more data to gain any further support or development.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

From Chapter 71 of PTH, it is clear that the Shadowbolt from 71 is an all-new Shadowbolt. He's strong as Descent, at least, but unless someone got close with a bucket of paint, it sure as heck isn't him. I'll come up with a clever name for the brute soon enough, but now this throws a wrench into my favorite theory, as it throws the Watcher's motives into question. All in all, very destabilizing stuff. Can anyone draw any connections between the incidents?

4139143 Seems to me that these new "bolts" are doing mostly observation without much intervention. Heck, most of that destruction came from them trying to flee.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4139810 Agreed, but what are they observing? Certainly not Soarin, since he was not present for both incidents.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

That look is as maddening as the lack of data we have for the Incident of 71... and yet I love it still! :rainbowlaugh: P.S. You're gonna love my next wall of text, so keep that smile going... :scootangel:
Did a bit more thinking, and here are the absolute parallels that I've drawn between the encounters with the Watcher from 53 and the Brute from 71:
1. Observation was the goal more than confrontation was, with both of them fleeing rather than fighting upon discovery.
2. Both were conducted by Shadowbolts that we've not previously encountered in the story, wearing that same modified Shadowbolt uniform.
3. Damage occurred to buildings/personnel only during the pursuit.
4. Squad Seven was involved in both instances.
^That was probably the most significant connection that I thought up out of all of them, due to one simple fact: Soarin and Squad One were not present for the second incident. Even only considering the basic Character Knowledge (vs. Reader Knowledge, yes I'm adapting DnD terms here) implications of it being the lead squad of the Wonderbolts, watching Squad One makes a lot more sense than Squad Seven. So why was Squad Seven involved both times, but not Squad One? For this, I see two explanations:
One, it's coincidental that Squad Seven was involved in both incidents, for whatever reason. Until we have reason to assume so, this explanation should be set aside due to lack of detail.
Two, Squad Seven is the focus of both incidents, and the Shadowbolts have an active interest in them. Now, (no offense meant to the other members of Squad Seven) there's only one member significant enough for the focus of observation, which raises the question that now rattles around in my head like loose change in a dryer: Why are the Shadowbolts interested in Storm Front? :rainbowhuh:
Unfortunately, my life intervenes and prevents me from developing such theories further at this moment. :facehoof: However, if someone could take the torch and run with it in my absence, I'll carry it with a renewed vigor upon my return. :pinkiehappy:

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

Alright, so confirmed and described Shadowbolt sightings in PTH (As of Chapter 74):
S-53: "The Watcher" White body with Grey mane. Followed Squads 1 and 7 Tactics were evasive, but did a bit of "grandstanding" at the end of the chase.
S-71: "The Brute" Dark green with Black mane. Followed Squad 7. Fled, but caused damage to the surroundings, injuring a Wonderbolt. Did some "grandstanding".
S-73: "The Red Ghost" Red with White mane. Followed Squad 2. Avoided conflict altogether, moving faster than anyone.
It seems that when sighted, the agent is "burned" and reassigned elsewhere. Without more data points, however, no more comparisons can be made without severe extrapolation. In other words:

And I know that data is close...
Very close....

Calm Wind
Group Admin

gee wilikers! Whatever could they be up to?:trollestia:

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4187257 Well, judging by the statement S-70 made, I'd say a secret war. Against what group? Can't say yet.

Jim Hoxworth
Group Contributor

4186322 NEW UPDATE: It would appear that S-53 (codenamed "the Watcher") returned in Chapter 74 of PTH. For this reason, and given his apparent age, I would classify him as a Veteran Shadowbolt rather than a Shadowbolt Regular. Potentially could be a Squad Leader, but operations thus far suggest that the Shadowbolts are currently operating solo on these observation missions. They are clearly focused on the Upper Tier of the Wonderbolt hierarchy, rather than Wonderbolts in general. How the encounter in Chapter 77 will go remains to be seen, but I suspect that they are actually operating in small groups of no more than 2-3, with one observing while the others wait as backup. This would allow a direct confrontation scenario while letting the Shadowbolts slip away after.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 69