In General 586 members · 3,895 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

I feel like I’m going to be a MLP fan for life. Within the past decade, almost all fan fic I read is MLP related. I have plushies of the Mane 6 on my computer desk for probably almost a decade now. I have a big Rainbow Dash plushie (that has seen better days) on my bed. This isn’t me bragging about how much merch I own; this is nothing compared to what a bunch of other fans probably own. But my point is that I own more merch for this than any other franchise for now. Most of the time I think about shipping, it tends to involve the Mane 6. I have trouble thinking about shipping for other franchises.

I say all of this and I’m still really behind G5 without having seen it since like 2022. Maybe someday. Not to bash on it or anything, G4 still counts as MLP. On generations, I can’t really say I particularly care much for the previous generations, but then the whole Brony fandom started with G4. I said Brony fandom, not MLP fandom, as clearly that goes back as far as G1 in the 1980s, otherwise there wouldn’t be future generations.

I’m not on the site every day and the fandom goes beyond just this site, of course. And in spite of how often ponies are on my mind, funny enough, I hardly have any pony OCs. The ones I have in my stories thus far are not ones I’m sitting thinking about much at all. I can keep reading stories on this site putting MLP into all kinds of situations. There’s plenty of AUs I’m slowly discovering and getting into. And a bunch of F/F shipping stories I read, with most of my Adobe Digital Editions library being those stories.

7970061 Back in the 2010s, I used to think I would be a brony for life, but ever since the show ended way back in 2019, I've been interested in this franchise less and less, to the point where I hardly write fanfiction for it anymore. Granted, I had very little interaction with the fandom to begin with, but still. I just feel like I'm wasting my life on this stupid crap, which is why I requested that my account be deleted back in March and why I threw out all of my MLP merch, deleted anything related to MLP off my computer, haven't watched anything related to MLP in weeks, and hardly ever go onto any sites or YouTube channels related to MLP. It was a fun ride while it lasted, but I think it's about time I hung up the horseshoes.

I think so. I'm mostly working on alternate universe stuff that is more like a continuation, and I have endless ideas for that and for more traditional fanfiction. Just for that, I think I'll be around as long as the site remains and even longer with the fandom. Not to mention I regularly rewatch episodes... I just love them so much.

The great thing is that you're always free to leave and then come back whenever if you feel like and will always be welcome. It's not like there needs to be a huge decision or a momentous occasion.

I will always enjoy the characters, the story, and what it did for me. While I have been moving away from how close I was, I still am and will most likely always be a Brony. I enjoy the characters and fics way too much not to

Yes. Mostly FiM, my favorite TV cartoon of all time which has either a little or a lot of everything I love, then G1. G5 kind of a distant third but I love some of its characters. Once and a while (maybe more often if it was shorter) I will rewatch the episodes I thought were fun.

Til the day I die.

No, I’ve been distancing myself away from the fandom lately. I’m simply just losing interest in mlp.

Same. It doesn’t help that every time I pop back in some major drama happens and pushes me away again

It also doesn't help when I keep finding assholes on this site more than I do on twitter

That reply is more of a burn than actual fires

I will always be a closet brony. Being a fan of something that is meant for little girls at my age does feel sort of embarrassing if found out. It was one thing to like it back in its early days when G1 aired especially with the famous pilot known as Rescue at Midnight Castle was on, but it was another to like it later on. This is sort of like something such as Power Rangers and watching every episode since it aired all the way from when it originally debuted back in 1992. In all honesty, I didn't know about MLP again until G4 was mentioned on The Hub not to mention what was in between since those didn't seem to be on TV. Although I did like G4, I still feel that it will never compare to what G1 had, which was much darker than any other generation would be. Another thing that I always found that made G1 special was that it has been the only one to have human companions that I wish was brought back especially for G4, which I though was ideal for that and why I will always look at that as a missed opportunity. Whenever I look back at the fanfic I made known as Unexpected Arrival, it feels like a lost episode that could have aired in the show itself. Meanwhile, I don't find G5 to be that bad, and I can't understand why G4 fans tend to raise the bar for that.

Probably? IDK. I'm not big into thinking in long terms. But I was a fan of Transformers 20 years ago, and today went to a cinema event for the 40th anniversary of the franchise. So, yeah, I can see myself doing the same in ten years to watch a cinema function for the original Friendship is Magic two-parter.

I already feel myself slipping away, so unfortunately probably not.
However, FiM will probably forever have a special place in my heart no matter how old and decrepit I get. I'll be on my death bed, and among the flashes of my family and friends, I'll probably see Twilight and all her stupid little friends that I've dedicated a depression percentage of my time to.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15