Lyra & Bon-Bon 1,667 members · 536 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I'm sure many of you have seen the newest FiM episode today, and with it, a very cute background event revolving around a certain unicorn and earth pony. Congratulations to everyone who ships this pairing, you've gotten your wish.

Granted, I'm more of a FlutterDash shipper, but I still find adorableness in this pairing, and I can imagine that everyone who likes this pairing the most must be pretty excited, just as I would be if there was a sign that FlutterDash was canon (of course, I think that's unlikely, still I'm hoping for the best in the next generation).

So, anyone who wants to voice their delight, feel free! Celebrate! This is perhaps the only same gender pairing in the show to be official, so really feel proud for it!

Comment posted by Eddy13 deleted Oct 5th, 2019

This was an okay post until it got preachy about pride. Please stop.

Hey, at least it's canon now, right? :ajsmug:

Oi.:facehoof: Did no one see today's episode? With it being the penultimate episode, I thought it would be one of the most viewed!

Get what I'm saying now?

I wasn't trying to be preachy about 'pride'. I was just saying that everyone who supports and loves this pairing should be ecstatic and take the time to celebrate.

Me obviously of course X3

I am pretty sure you could interpret that background scene multiple ways. Personally I find it funnier to think a lot of nosey town ponies misinterpreted it and think they are a couple. Even getting violently angry when somepony just says they are friends. Lol. Small town "Shipping " is so silly. And then somepony sees lyra on a date with somepony else and loses it! :rainbowlaugh: and and then bon says something like, your ship makes me seasick!

I did not. My bad. That’s pretty cool though. I always knew it.

ScyStorm
Group Admin

Actually, it's been canon for at least 7 years, as in, when we first saw them literally dating in the background of an episode. Remember this from 2012?

https://fuckyeahweirdmlpframes.tumblr.com/post/18702753409/aw

Or how about this, from Hasbro's facebook page in 2016?

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-E-lt3ytTGs4/VsD0toY9lqI/AAAAAAAChSg/x_k81ym8W_8/s1600/12745570_1266482730035828_4529614321869128456_n.png

Not to mention the 20 other times we saw them together doing things, including on another date in a Valentine's episode. Also the massively tongue-in-cheek nature of Episode 100 where they spent half the time giving each other sex eyes. Also Bon literally kissed Lyra in one of the EqG movies (in 2014) if you're into those things.

Sooo, I guess none of that mattered, because they finally proposed to each other as we near the end of Season 9, so NOW that's what makes it canon. ;D You guys are silly.

In all seriousness this is literally the best moment ever, please post cute LyBon pics and party GIFs in this thread.

SIgned:
- Scy Storm, LyBon stan

Also Bon literally kissed Lyra in one of the EqG movies (in 2014) if you're into those things.

She did? When? I know they were cheek-to-cheek at the piano, but I don't remember anybody's lips getting close enough for a kiss.

So here's how my morning went, in play script format:

(Setting: Undefined's living room)

(Undefined watches the episode live as it airs. His eyes, long since trained to immediately pick out that yellow-and-green pairing, sees the scene flash by, though he doesn't discern specifically how Bon Bon and Lyra were reacting to the apple swarm. He mentally notes how many minutes into the episode it was and keeps watching the rest of the episode as it plays out.)

(After the episode ends, he rewinds to roughly ten minutes in. He gets to the scene with Lyra and Bon Bon in the background and hits pause. He sees Lyra's pose.)

Undefined (with stunned uncertainty): Whoa.

(He gets out of his chair and walks closer to the television, not believing that what he's seeing is real.)

Undefined (as though he's telling the still image on his television to just hold on a second): Whoa. Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

(He slowly advances the scene, frame by frame. It gets even better.)

(He then rewinds and watches the scene over and over again about a dozen times.)

They did it. I can't believe they actually did it. I thought that last season's Hearts and Hooves episode would be the closest the show would ever come to overtly saying it. I thought that maybe we'd get one more tease if the series finale winds up featuring a big group shot (like the end of season five) and Lyra and Bon Bon were especially close during it.

But this is so much better. I can't think of a better sendoff for these two. Bravo, My Little Pony. Bravo.

ScyStorm
Group Admin

https://twitter.com/MorganShandro/status/1180611436487180288 <333333

I meant cheek kiss. It's a screencap I saw years ago. I don't like nor care one bit about EqG so I haven't looked into it, but I've read/seen sometimes that the LyBon background ship was just as alive and well in those movies as it was in the normal series.

If you're referring to this image, that doesn't appear in the Rainbow Rocks special (at least, not the version that aired on Discovery Family). I'm 99.999% sure that was doctored.

This is perhaps the only same gender pairing in the show to be official, so really feel proud for it!

Scootaloo's Aunt Holiday and Auntie Lofty made it to the animated series earlier this season.

If you saw a supposed screencap of an actual kiss, it was edited. The show has teased a bit, but never actually gone that far with LyraBon. Up until now they've left it just loose enough for the homophobes to interpret them as best friends, and it's funny that even now they're still trying to "thoughts and prayers" it away in the face of compelling evidence. Not surprising, really.

:twilightsheepish: Forgot about that.

ScyStorm
Group Admin

The "BEST FRIENDS" thing was so absolutely tongue-in-cheek and ridiculous that it was hilarious. By the time Episode 100 aired, they had already been on a LITERAL ACTUAL DATE in the background of an episode and appeared together countless other times. Then Larson wrote Slice of Life the way he did and had the animators show the two giving each other sex eyes all episode. Only the biggest idiots in the world chose not to see the obvious and instead took up "BEST FRIENDS" as their rallying cry of denial. Also they went on a date AGAIN in a later episode that also had cute M/M pairings in it. <3

So like I said, this ship has been canon for at least 7 years, no matter how much people wanna desperately yell "BEST FRIENDS" into the void. Though I still very much appreciate the double proposal of the century giving us the cutest moment of all time ever and completely disintigrating any poor saps left who somehow still didn't think LyBon was the show's One True Ship. It's a glorious day.

I'm not ready for the finale of this show ;_;

got married,

grew old together

I'm beyond happy

I can't think of a better sendoff for these two. Bravo, My Little Pony. Bravo.

Apparently I posted this a week too early. Because that was beautiful.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20