• Member Since 23rd Oct, 2012
  • offline last seen Last Thursday

AlwaysDressesInStyle


No way of knowing, where we'll be going, our adventures never end.

E

This story is a sequel to Every Breath You Take


A lonely human and an ostracized pony take an early morning car ride and talk about everything and nothing.

Inspired by a comment KeeganFirecloak made on Every Breath You Take

Pre-read & edited by KeeganFirecloak

Chapters (1)
Comments ( 12 )

This was cute. I like your depictions of Minty, she's a silly filly. :twilightsmile:

Delightful one-shots like these are the epitome of Slice-of-Life.

Minty you're an adorable goofball, also that remark on him being single, you hunting, filly?

There has got to be an aftermarket seatbelt for ponies available somewhere.

11288174

Since this car also needs the ability to continue hauling humans as passengers, the real trick would be to come up with a pony-comfortable seat belt/harness that either works with the existing belts, or at the very least, doesn't interfere with them.

In universe, there's a makeshift 'nest' in the car's backseat which can fit one adult or three foals comfortably (this was created way back in Filly Cheesesteaks by using a fleece blanket, a bunch of pillows, and reclining the front seat; it's been improved a bit since then). Minty just didn't want to be cooped up in the backseat for a multi-state drive.

Sooooooooooooo precious and adorable and sweet and cute.

Hmm, mare seems to be on the hunt. Cute story though!

Even though the time isn't quite right, the song that was playing in my mind was Twilight Zone by Golden Earring.

11297071

Hmn, the time would be between Twilight Zone (2AM) and Matchbox Twenty (the titular 3 AM). We could also throw in 4 AM (Four In The Morning by Night Ranger or Elton John's Someone Saved My Life Tonight).

11297100
Now I wonder how many specific times there are in songs? Piano Man has a specific time, for example (( think it's 5:00, but I don't remember).

11297816

Chicago's 25 Or 6 To 4 (3:34-3:35 AM) is another early morning song. I started the story with one about midnight (Journey's Just The Same Way). Midnight is a popular one, with songs ranging from Poco's Midnight Rain to Lou Rawls' Long About Midnight from the soundtrack of Here Comes Garfield. The Bangles' Manic Monday opens with Six o'clock already I was just in the middle of a dream.

It's probably possible to do every hour of the day, though I don't know examples for every single one off the top of my head.

Wow, how did I miss this one? Suddenly Filly Cheesesteaks has a rival for the title of my favorite.

Login or register to comment