G1 Ponies: Credit Where It's Due 380 members · 405 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Well, that answers my question of how Gilda would look in the original art style use for MLP.

I am so there for this.

I will admit that these are very interesting. At least we would know what a G1 alicorn like Celestia would look like. I do feel that for some of the Mane 6. that person could have taken the original G1 ponies and just changed them up. For Applejack, you can use the G1 version and just change up the cutie mark and give her a cowboy hat. When doing Fluttershy, just draw Posey and give her wings. Meanwhile, Rarity can just be Glory with her mane and tail completely purple and changing the cutie mark. Other than that, they did look pretty good.

In either art style Fluttershy has a cute little yay face. :heart:

I wonder if that person can show the G1 style of the Mane 6 with Megan, because that would make it really look good.

I was talking to the guy who commissioned this and he said

The main reason I had the artist G1-ify the G4 designs instead of simply using their G1 counterparts is, well, what about characters who had no G1 counterpart? Celestia and Gilda in these pictures, for instance. And suppose you want to G1-ify a scene where Fluttershy flies or otherwise uses her wings for anything. Posey (her G1 counterpart) is an earth pony. What then?

Does he plan to do a scene with the G1 version of the Mane 6 with Megan in the near future?

I don't think so, no. My buddy only commissioned him for these four pictures.

If that can't be done, then it is what it is. However, there is fanart that shows Megan with the Mane 6 with her in G4 animation. For some reason she does look like someone from Equestria Girls. Then again, that probably would have been what she would look like if she did appear in G4 animation.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10