G1 Ponies: Credit Where It's Due 380 members · 405 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23

Twilight tweaks the portal only to see the G1 universe and not like it.

Come on Twi, it isn't that bad! It beats the human world big time!

I remember watching this on Scribbler's channel. There was another commenter that didn't realize that the name Ember in MLP originated with the first series.

So this has been around for quite a while I take it?

The comic dub is a year old or so. The comic itself, I'm not so sure.

The commenter in question replied to my comment about little Ember was cute.

One thing I simply don't get is why do some people act like G1 is so horrible? Hell chances are a lot of these people have never even seen it and have no clue who Megan Williams is.

Yeah, it's mess alright.

Funny thing is, many of them would actually like the show if they went in with an open mind and no unreasonable expectations.

Let's not forget that G1 is currently the only MLP generation to even do human companions, though I still think that G4 missed a huge opportunity to revive that idea especially with bringing back a rebooted version of Megan and possibly Danny and Molly as well.

Didn't Faust want to bring in rebooted versions of the Williams siblings or was she against it? I don't remember exactly.

One thing I have noticed about some FiM fans is that only G4 will do for them. They won't give any other generation a chance. Not prior generations nor G5 solely because it isn't G4.

Yeah, that kind of thinking isn't good.

And by the way Lauren Faust was against the idea of having humans in MLP. I don't know why, but it's pretty well known that she didn't want that.

That is what I thought, I had heard that she didn't want humans in MLP. I also heard that she was against the idea of Twilight becoming an Alicorn too.

Keep in mind that Lauren Faust left after the first three seasons and Hasbro didn't have to be stuck with that rule, though decided to create EG instead of bringing back human companions even though the latter was probably a better idea than the former.

Yeah, and honestly, Lauren kind of had a point.

Given how many HiE stories there, most of which are crap shows that it is hard for a human protagonist to contribute to the overall narrative structure in this case.

I know it doesn't help that many of those writers focus way too much on wish fulfillment rather than actual narrative, but the fact remains, it's not easily done to begin with.

And that is by design to some extent.

Yeah and I'm guilty as hell when it comes to the HiE thing....and yeah they really don't have much substance in them at all....and the only reason I'm doing those is for followers. Yeah it probably sounds bad and frivolous. Bad thing is, when one of those stories gets me ten or so new followers it is addicting, maybe an addiction I need to break and start putting quality above a desire for more followers.

Here's how I would have pictured FiM if Megan was to be in it.

-She doesn't enter Equestria via a rainbow bridge nor a pony taking her.
-She will first be viewed as a threat mainly due to the ponies never seeing a human before.
-She already has a locket rather than being given one.
-She receives the Rainbow of Light due to prophecy that she is possibly the creature of legend for it.
-Whenever her locket glows, it's the very rainbow communicating with her.
-Later episodes reveal that the rainbow has connections with the Elements of Harmony by acting as a placeholder for those missing in battle.
-Danny and Molly do make some appearances, but their introduction comes from following Megan, not because she lets them.
-The pillars reveal that Megan really is the creature of legend.
-It's later on found out that the Rainbow of Light can even combine with the Elements of Harmony for a power boost.
-Her outfit will mostly be her cowgirl look, which she should have kept when originally introduced in Rescue at Midnight Castle rather than those frilly overalls she wound up when there was finally a TV series known as MLP 'n Friends.

You do good work in truth, but yeah, you need to start focusing on stories with more substance at some point. It will get farther in the long run.

I still can't say you're stories are crap though. The one with Izzy casing all that damage with an impromptu winter storm was a lot of fun. :eeyup:

I'll be rereading that one again soon I think.

That one with Izzy causing all the damage was fun to write for sure....as was "Cozy Glow Drives Tirek Nuts." Also "Sweetie Belle's Spell" was fun to write too. Thing is with the Izzy story, I threw that one together in a bit over an hour. I did want to get it done while the actual Winter Storm Izzy was causing problems.

Thing is with the Izzy story, I threw that one together in a bit over an hour. I did want to get it done while the actual Winter Storm Izzy was causing problems.

Talk about being struck with inspiration. :rainbowlaugh:

Sounds like it hit you in the back of the head with a sledgehammer that day.

Speaking of fanfics, according to my latest fanfic "Reviving the Past", Megan is now friends with three generations of ponies.

I was struck with inspiration. It was very similar with what happened on the day of the season eight finale. Cozy Glow's time with her new friend, Tirek. I figured that would be kind of like what their friendship neighborly relationship would be like.

I uh, don't think that neighborly really applies there. Just saying.

Despite having a lot of characters based on their G1 versions, she was against it. However, she did leave the show after the first three seasons. In a way, Hasbro didn't have to be stuck with that rule, but they still decided not to bring them back despite that. Instead, we got EG where the ponies became humanized. Although I didn't hate it completely, I still wished they would bring back the idea for human companions and let the ponies stay ponies rather than make that spinoff. I really don't see why a rebooted Megan can't work for later generations, and I felt that G4 was ideal for that. Then again, EG could have acted as a conduit for it in which if viewers are alright seeing the ponies humanized, maybe they would be comfortable with bringing back human companions to the show itself. For some reason, Twilight looking at a Megan in an episode where she was introduced would at least give her an answer to what she was when she crossed the portal. Now that I think about it, if I was on the writing team, it wouldn't just happen, but I would probably have been in charge of most of the episodes that would involve her seeing that I'm pretty much good at making it work. Seeing that it wasn't the case, we'll never know how a rebooted version of Megan, Danny, and Molly would have worked, which is why I have always considered it to be a missed opportunity to this day. My guess is that if there is going to be a return for them, there would have to be a generation were those ponies spend time in our world, which would make sense for them to have human companions, because they need to keep a low profile from being exposed and possibly placed in a lab.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23