Poetry 276 members · 630 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
horizon
Group Contributor

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up about a piece of poetry I just added to my Never The Final Word anthology titled Only, Only, Only Me. It's a look at how the Nightmare deceived Luna into unleashing their dark side as Nightmare Moon. (Rated T for brief sexual content.)

I'm not big on self-promotion, but I think I can say that this one is objectively worth reading. Over the entire history of the Writeoff Association's monthly competitions, this is only the second time a poem has ever won a medal. (Arguably the third time — but that one was mine, too. :twilightsheepish:) It's also a sequel of sorts to another well-credentialed poem — Corejo's Only, Only, Only You, which placed 7th in its own Writeoff round against strong competition, and earned Corejo a Royal Canterlot Library feature.

Hope you enjoy! :twilightsmile:

CoffeePony
Group Admin

Oh yeah, I read this during the Write-Off. I remember this one winning something. Sorry, my memory fails me as always.

This one was just beautifully written. To be honest, I had to read it 5 times because my brain kept on skipping from one verse to another. After some time, finally got to appreciate it. Nightmare's want to be loved can really be felt throughout the poem. The hurt and desperation (Atleast, that's how I see it) can be felt from the words alone.

I salute you dear sir, and may you write more beautiful pieces from now on. :twilightsheepish:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3