Alicorns 343 members · 266 stories
Comments ( 44 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 44

So I kinda want to have my newest story be a comedy adventure, where in Cobalt, an wayward alicorn trying to get back to his sisters and daughter (Celestia, Luna, and Cadence respectively) but to a series of mishaps, he is made to travel all over Equestria with comedic shenanigans.

One problem, I can't write comedic shenanigans...Everything I write seems to have a serious and almost sober tone. I was thinking that I could either, get someone that is funny help me write...or I could change the premise of the story...I dunno what do you guys think?

4560693 Here's a thought, how about not having the alicorn oc related to the princesses in any way? That sounds like a good start, doesn't it?

4560702 I guess... but I don't know how having just a random alicorn makes sense to me....

4560705 Then why go with an alicorn oc at all then if you don't have a plan for it? A Pegasus, Earth Pony, or Unicorn oc would do just fine. If you want to do something different, try a bat pony or a star pony. (Star Ponies are a fanon creation, made to be the ponies that an alternate universe Twilight rules over, since she is the princess of stars in that AU.)

4560715 It's kinda one of his defining characteristics... I don't know though... It be interesting to see the reaction and shock of the whole of Equestria if there was a low-born alicorn just up and about... I don't even know...I'm just chewing on this right now.

4560715 There's not many Crystal pony OC's....

4560745 hmmnn, I've already started this project...maybe something with Crytsal Ponies on the side....I've had this idea of, say college aged crystal ponies protesting Cadences rule over the Crystal empire since she's not a native.

4560762 That would go against canon, as one of them pointed out how similar she looked to the original ruler of the empire, before Sombra. They have no problem with Cadance ruling them.

4560765 That's sorta like saying, well the President has gone missing, hey this African Prince looks like the President. Let's make him the President. She might look like the leader but she really isn't. (and I know I sound a little extreme, combative, and perhaps racist in my example. But I really mean to be none of those things)

4560775 I'm just telling you what happened in the episode. Besides, she did her best to protect them from Sombra, so there's that.

4560775 She is a descendent of Princess Amore, the unicorn ruler before Sombra.

4560776 true, but college student's have protested over less...Maybe its a silly idea....

4560783 It kind of is. Now Cadance trying to declare the empire's full independence from Equestria (and more importently Celestia) is interesting. That would be fine in canon, as the relationship between the two hasn't been officially stated yet, though I'm of the opinion that they are independent.

4560786 There's a book called "Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart spell", in it Cadance tells Twilight her life story. I think it's stated in there, maybe.

4560796 I dunno... for an "Empire" we tend to only see one city...Perhaps it once had all northern lands in its possession at one point (Yakyakistan, other counties undiscovered) But those lands would be lost at the time the city was sealed away... But I guess it would be like Louie XIV or Napoleon putting their relatives (sometimes even there own sons) on foreign thrones....

4560804 is that cannon cus I've seen nearly every episode and I'm getting crossy eyed here

4560805 Well there used to be a thing called city-states, it's most likely one of those.

4560808 It is canon, apparently.

4560816 Wow... ok I didn't know that..... But if it was a City State It wouldn't be an Empire, Rome was just a city state...until it became an empire, then it was an empire, I BLAME THE WRITERS

4560826 Which one sounds more right? Crystal city-state or Crystal Empire?

4560831 Crystal Empire, but Crystal City had alteration and it would be more accurate. Oh and their are like two city states left in the world, The Vatican and another one I forget.... But the Vatican is technically a City-State. Also Nations are weird. Like the UK is a multinational-state, and their are nation's that aren't states... It's kinda cool when you wrap your head around the concepts

4560839 Yeah it is. What I find the most interesting about this sort of thing is when nations exist inside other nations, because of their small size, like Lesotho in South Africa or San Marino in Italy. The Vatican also falls under this classification.

4560898 enclaves is the technical term for that. Also a nation relates to areas that have a nationality. Like the Kurds are a nationality with a nation but no state. There's also nation states like the German nation in the German state. Isn't human geography fun?

4560911 And complicated, that's why I prefer mlp geography, it's a lot easier to remember. (without having to look it up)

4560940 considering that many locations in Equestria and based of the U.S. The crystal empire is just you know...Canada

4561053 Nothing but ice and snow? Sounds about right.

4561903 So have you had time yet to decide what kind of oc you're going to use?

4561907 Perhaps a pair of low borne alicorn twins that move into Ponyville to have a normal life. But since it's Ponyville, Pegasus s--t happens

4561910 If they're not related to any of the princesses, then it has a chance. Just don't do the cardinal sin of alicorn fics, which is that they fall in love with either one of the mane six or the princesses, don't do it.

4561922 No no of course not. I never go for ships with main characters. In fact I prefer to ship m OCs with other OCs

4561926 Good, then good luck with your story. Oh, to answer the question of this thread, if you're not experienced in comedy don't do a full story using it, just go with what you're good with. Start small with your comedy and see people's reactions to it, if they like it, then keep doing it.

4561935 Thanks, I might end up being too serious though....

4561944 Trust me, people on here don't mind drama in their stories. If anything, it's the overuse of comedy that's bothering them recently. Just keep the OCs down to earth, and not overpowered. Alicorns or not, it's much better if they feel like relateable characters in some aspects. Don't spend every few chapters showing off how powerful your OCs are just because they're alicorns.

4561952 I don't plan too. Another interesting story idea I've gotten while discussing this is something Titled "The Crystal Empire is Canada," in which, though some major magical incident. The Pony world and the human world (our human world not EQG land) are fused together, and some of the pony locals are superimposed on there human counterparts... It be interesting to see a world where Equestria and Earth where mashed up. (I know there's a line of stories already out their like this but I dunno how much I like it...)

4561957 That would make traveling to and from the Crystal Empire to Ponyville/Canterlot a lot harder, since the ponies would have to deal with human bereaucracy. Plus, they'd be living in a world without magic, so I imagine they would have to rely on humans a lot just to survive.

4561974 well unless magic was also transposed, of course only ponies could use it since humans have tech and stuff

4562486 That'd make it too easy for the ponies, no magic in the land is more interesting. The only magic that comes with them is their own inherent magic inside each pony. Celestia and Luna would be kind of weirded out by the fact that they would have no control over our sun and moon. Then the Pegasi would notice their lack of control over the weather, and freak out, since they can't control the rain/snow anymore. The Earth Ponies would have to come to terms with their inability to grow food faster as well.

4563913 I guess this is all true....You know each race of pony has inheritant gifts, the unicorns and their magic, pegusi and their abilities to fly/cloud walk. But I can't nail down what earth ponies have...are they stronger than normal ponies? do they have a greater talent in growing food?

4564132 Yeah, incredible strength and able to grow food faster and better than the other two races, also great builders apparently.

4564134 Apperently, that and a special talent every pony gets

4564379 Yeah. I think it was the Rainbow Dash learning episode in season 4 where you see an Earth Pony piloting a prototype-ish helicopter. As I said, good builders.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 44