Duelist Unit 223 members · 111 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

For sometime, I've been thinking what deck would chacters in MLP play if they played Yu-Gi-Oh! (duel monsters). Well, I came up with a list of MLP characters, and the deck they would play, based on their names, appearances, and personalities.

1. Twilight Sparkle: Dark Magicians or Magicians

2. Applejack: Sylvans

3. Rainbow Dash: Speedroids

4. Rarity: Gem-Knights

5. Fluttershy: Raccoons

Flutterbat Form: Vampires

6. Pinkie Pie: Performapals

Pinkamena Form: Frightfurs

7. Trixie: Trickstars

8. Sweetie Belle: Melodious

9. Gilda: Harpies

10. Discord: Toons

11. Tempest Shadow: Infernoids or Phantom Knights

12. Daring Do: Artifacts

13. Ahuizotl: Zoodiacs

14. Shining Armor: Noble Knights

15. Princess Cadance: Crystrons

16. Mr and Mrs Cake: Madolches

17. Lightning Dust: Mecha Phantom Beasts

18. Zecora: Predaplants

19. Royal Guards: Ancient Gears and/or Goyos

20. Princess Luna: Lunalights or Tellarknights

21. Princess Celestia: Constellars or Prophecy's

22. Dr. Whooves aka Time Turner: Timelords

23. Button Mash: Digital Bugs

24. Spike: Dragons

25. Scootaloo: Lyriluscs

26. Apple Bloom: Naturias

27. King Sombra: Paleozoics

28. The Storm King: Cloudians

29. Cheese Sandwich: Performages

30. Big Macintosh: Superheavy Samurais

31. DJ Pon3 aka Vinyl Scratch: Symphonic Warriors

32. Garble: Volcanics

So guys, that's a list of some MLP characters, and the decks they would probably use if they played Yu-Gi-Oh!. Feel free to tell me what you think about them. Maybe you might have a different thought of what they would use. I'm interested to hear what you think.

I like your thoughts here’s mine Mlp Yu-Gi-Oh! Card decks
Hi hope you like my idea

Luna-- stardust or galaxy or Lunalight

Tia or Princess Celestia--Fire fairy or Constellars

Candy or Princess Cadance--wyrm or kozom Or some other romantic team I had no idea that existed

Shining armor -- buster blader or six Samurai or
Noble night

Twilight-- magician or spell book

pinkie pie--perform pal or madolche

flutter --butter spy or naturia

Rainbow--Blackwing for speed

rarity--Crystal beast or Crystal nights

Aj --plant or beast warrior or earth

Spike --Red eyes or armored Dragon

I always saw Dashie using the Crystal Beasts for some reason but the others pretty much.

Spike would most likely be using an e hero d hero and masked hero deck

1: Pendulum Magicians because she's an overly-analytic tryhard.
2: I see more X-Sabers or Gaia Knights
3: Nah, F.A.s or Raid Raptors
4: Yeah, that's pretty spot on.
5: Possibly Naturia too, but racoons seems right.
6: Yeah, Performapals is the only clear option.
7: It make sense and it makes me hate her all the more. -200
8: Fair enough.
9: Also fair enough.
10: IF I SEE THAT GODDAMNED CAT ONE MORE TIME.
11: Phantom Knights seems more thematic.
12: Artifacts or Chronomaly
13: And. HATE.
14: Eh. Sure. Maybe Six Sams if he ever feels like winning.
15: Cadence, refusing to let the opponent have their turn.
16: Yes
17: Maybe a synchro spam for the Stardust cards. I can see Stardust Spark Dragon being her ace....or maybe she's just Chazz
18: ...no comment.
19: Goyos seem more appropriate. Ancient Gears are a bit of a stretch. And don't mention the Obelisk Force they were actually a threat
20: Errr...Galaxy-Eyes seems a bit more thematic and somewhat dangerous.
21: Once more, the archetype with both 'Solar Recharge' and a 'Celestia' card has been missed with Lightsworns.
22: Timelords are fair. especially with Sandion being printed.
23: Oh come on, don't be mean.
24: Eh, a bit generic. Maybe narrow it down to Red-Eyes or Odd-Eyes. Maybe masked heros if he's feeling more dorky than usual.
25: ...eh? I suppose. Maybe if Dash had Raid Raptors. Otherwise I see her taking whichever Dash didn't between F.A.s or Speedroids. Synchro spam either way.
26: Yeah, fair enough. Lemme double back and say Fluttershy is fine as is.
27: I see more of a Sinister Yorishiro deck, spamming out Darkness Neospheres and the like. Something that screams 'big boss monster' and has no protection.
28: Snorts Fitting actually. Just...Pfft! No wonder he wanted alicorn magic.
29: Spot on, perfect to rival Pinkie...but I suppose that also makes him a traitor, so he must now die.
30: Something something steadfast dueling. Sure.
31: Synchro Synchro Synchro Synchro Synchro Synchro Synchro Synchro Synchro Synchro. Good archetype. Best archetype.
32: ...I mean...it kinda fits, but hurts seeing one of my favorite Archetypes go to...him. Err...maybe...Red Dragons?

Also, that artwork. Shout to Twilight for playing the Seal of Orichalcos as a continuous spell

I see rainbow dash as a blackwing because of dark rainbow dragon or speed because of her love with speed but I understand and like I thought you were going towards rainbow Dragon

Why?
I see spike as red eyes because it
Underestimated just like him vs Other dragon deck especially blue eyes.

Red-Eyes isn't really underestimated as much as it is underpowered. Its versatile as all hell, but Blue-Eyes was meta and it wasn't. Granted Blue-Eyes is slower and more bricky these days, but even so. The only solid Red-Eyes build I've found is one that turbos our Lord, Flare, and Odd-Eyes Gravity as fast as possible, and even then it can fail spectacularly. Red-Eye Equip by far has the most plays, but the power ceiling is just way too low.

Ok than it just a feeling that redeyes and spike would be a match.
No logic just a feeling.
What do you feel that would match spike if you don’t agree I’m just naturally curious?

Noted in an earlier post, but Red-Eyes is a good choice for him. Spike isn’t a character that is often expected to come up on top and is used as the butt of jokes often. Red-Eyes is a very good choice in that case. Don’t get me wrong, love the Archetype And I wish it were faster.

2. Sylvans are suited for Applejack because of her being a farmer of an apple orchard, and how they are trees, and spam out if played right.

3. Raid Raptors are not suited for Rainbow Dash. I did consider F.A.s, but I feel Speedroids are more her style. Similar to Yugo's Speedroid deck.

4. What about Fluttershy in her Flutterbat form using Vampires?

5. What about Pinkie Pie in her Pinkamena form using Frightfurs?

23. What do you mean? They're the closest thing to a video game for him. How is that at all mean?

24. One said that E Heroes and Masked Heroes would suit Spike good.

27. One pointed out to me that Dark Worlds would be perfect for Sombra, while Paleozoics could fit Chrysalis.

31. What can I say? Symphonic Warriors suit Vinyl Scratch perfectly because they have Wubs. https://youtu.be/Sob1t-iUCmE?t=45s

32. Red Dragons? You mean like Jack Atlas's deck?

2. Perhaps.
3. Why not? Ultimate Falcon would make a great boss monster for her.
4. Seems situational and would be a one off deck.
5. Given that Frightfurs are only the fusions, that would require Jekyll and Hyde-ing throughout the duel. If not that, Fluffals are an OTK deck, if we're going with Pinkamena being a psychopath, she seems like the type to drag out suffering.
23. Digital Bugs are just so bad. They're just so slow and underwhelming.
24. Perhaps. His love of comic books seems to support it.
27. I can agree with that. Completely forgot about Dark Worlds until the other day.
31. Good pendulums, best pendulums.
32. Yeah, Arc-V Atlas. Red Warg, Red Mirror, Scarlight, Wyvern, Hot Red, King Calamity and the like.

I feel like Spike would be running a powerful Chaos Dragon deck.
Like running powerful dragons of light and darkness and showing how they can put aside their differences to work together and such.
Maybe running the 4 Dimension Dragons there.

Wonder if you got a deck idea for Nightmare Moon too?

Hows Chaos Dragons for Spike(with what I mentioned in the comment above)?

I can't believe I posted this blog nearly 3 years ago. Although, my opinions of which decks have sort of changed since then.
But to answer your questions, I think Nightmare Moon would probably have a Knightmare deck. As for Spike, I kind of rethought that maybe a Elemental Hero deck, since he likes comics, and O&O.

I feel like Spike would still use dragons honestly.
Like not rejecting who he really is(a dragon) and probably showing how dragons can be good and such.

Can see Nightmare Moon using some cards with those Knightmare stuff like Dark Necrofear there.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17