Toku Ponies! 324 members · 405 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Maz

Wow, that's some toku history you found, the first sentai (or pre sentai untill about goranger and JAKQ were finally recognized as sentai) Teamup, think I might watch this later.

It's alright. Even if the video quality is piss poor.

See, JAKQ never really did all that well. I think it only had 37 episodes total (Comparatively, Goranger had 98). So this movie was meant to be both the finale to JAKQ.

Maz

Even so, I've always wanted to watch some showa era stuff, even if it was lacking quality just to see some historical entertainment. I grew up on power rangers as far as toku goes and didn't really get exposed to sentai untill gokaiger and for Kamen rider it was decade, so something like this makes me happy to see just floating on youtube for people to find. Not sure how anyone else will react but thank you for at helping this fan watch some history.

Oh cool! This is from the era of Sentai BEFORE they became Super Sentai. If I remember right, it's when they started to pilot robots to create the Megazords or the King Zords that they became Super Sentai. Correct?

Even so, I've always wanted to watch some showa era stuff, even if it was lacking quality just to see some historical entertainment.

No no no, I meant actual video quality. As in: this particular copy of the film isn't that great.

And to be perfectly honest, I've always felt that the Show/Heisei/Neo Heisei way of dividing eras was something that only worked for Kamen Rider. With Super Sentai, it's a bit more complicated, and I've been meaning to post how I personally divide the eras.

In any case, if you want to watch an old series for the novelty of it, try Battle Fever J. It's the oldest season available on Kissasian.

http://kissasian.com

Just type in Sentai or Kamen into the search bar, and you'll find most of the seasons.

Actually, Goranger had 84 episodes while JAKQ had 35.

Correct.

The first ever live action mecha was used in the Japanese Spider-Man series, after which the habit was picked up by Battle Fever J.

Fun Fact: Spider-Man's Megazord, Leopardon, is my all time favorite mecha.

That IS a pretty damn cool Mecha. Bet Peter Parker would be EXTREMELY jealous of that version of himself for having Leopardon.

Well, there was that time where every Spider-Man ever came together to stop an evil, and he was invited.

Yeah. It's too bad that Momoranger didn't actually do anything when transformed. She Henshined, and immediately went back to scurrying.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd be scurrying too, it's just that you'd think transforming into a Ranger would make some difference in a fight. Like blocking bullets? That would have been a neat Show Don't Tell moment to show the Badassness of a Goranger.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14