Austraeoh 773 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15

So, let’s talk about your headcanon voices for each of the characters. What is your depicted voice for each character?

For me, I’m not quite too sure about some of the voices I chose, but I feel like some of them fit in some way, but let’s hear yours first.

Super Trampoline
Group Contributor

I imagine Rainbow Dash being voiced by Ashleigh Ball.

I honestly read everything in some form of a British accent. I’m not British or anything, but that’s how I read things.

Hmmmm. That's a very good question, so allow me to answer it as completely as I can while I cycle my mental prototypes and images of voices for these characters. For a couple of them, I'll give voice actors to and then describe for the others how I hear their voices.

I'll give Bellesmith to Chichiai, the singer who used to do voices for Fluttershy ( https://www.youtube.com/user/chisanaAi )
If you gave James Vermont a less hard accent, he'd make a good Pilate ( Profesh: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCll8nl_IYRy3XURRSZHd4Ag EAST CORP: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnFIr7A-J4cT2Y2Xv3qwH9w )

I don't really have voice characters in mind, but Josho is definitely kinda gruff sounding, maybe Matt Hullum from Roosterteeth could do a less hard Sarge voice for Josho.

Eagle Eye has a softer spoken voice, but also high pitched. Ebon is probably a bit similar, but to a lesser extent. Roarke is probably a lot more tomboyish. Like Helga Sinclair from Atlantis, but younger and more tomboyish. Kera would take Sweetie Belle's voice actress, but give it a tomboyish twist like Scootaloo's. White Mane is definitely regal sounding, like Celestia but with a twist. Nicole Oliver could probably do a slightly different voice and that'd be close enough. Propsy is very energetic, kind of like Pinkie, but much less screechy and high-pitched. Floydian has a very deep voice that reminds me somewhat of a Native American accent, but deeper than a regular one. Ariel is very much just Silver Stream in pegasus form and I love her. Kepler talks very slow and has a deep booming voice. I imagine Kepler kind of like an owl in his manner of speakings, like a British librarian. Bard is very much the same southern accent voice I hear with Calamity from Fallout: Equestria.

Verlax would sound very regal, but have a deep booming voice that was also colder and more feminine. In the last scene within the castle, when she is shown to be old and dying, I could compare her to Kreia from KOTOR II Axan has a very ancient voice that booms with power. None of the dragons really have stereotypical dragon voices to me, but they all have booming feminine voices. In contrast, Remna's voice is much closer to Roarke's voice

Enforcer Shell is probably more based on military generals. He's proud and strong, but as the obsession grows and as his sanity declines his voice also declines from that of a respected general to that of a raving madman. I keep thinking Hux from TLJ, but I don't think Hux does Shell justice,
. Imre has a low voice that is downtrodden and depressed because of her situation. Seraphime has a warrior voice, strong and boysterous, but still feminine.

Not an exhaustive list, but that's what I could think of on such short notice. It's not too organized, but it's good to think about these characters again. I just hope there's an update soon. I miss the Herald. I miss the Jury too, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up of seeing the Jury going forward. So, thanks for the question and I'll leave you with that.

It would take me a while to describe the voices of the various characters from the series, but one voice that stands out in particular for me is Kepler's who I imagine sounding like Reinhardt from Overwatch.

thatguyvex
Group Contributor

Strangely, the only voice in my head that's concrete is Bard's, who I can't help but read in Nathan Fillion's voice, aka Captain Malcolm Reynolds form Firefly.

Well, that and Kepler is obviously voiced by John Rhys Davies.

Comment posted by NeoNymph deleted Apr 11th, 2019
Comment posted by NeoNymph deleted Apr 11th, 2019
Leftover of Saikano
Group Contributor

Like in everything I voice in my head, they all are voiced by Ron Perlman.

Austraeoh Fact Checker
Group Contributor

All I've determined so far is that Theanim sounds a lot like David Tennant.

I subconsciously associate most of the Right Talon (Starstorm / Raptr) with some kind of goon squad but I can't quite place what right now. Same with Jake; I definitely hear the voice but I don't quite know who it is yet

KMCA
Group Contributor

Imre has a low voice that is downtrodden and depressed because of her situation.

Perhaps unsurprisingly I hear Imre's voice almost exactly how my voice sounds on recording, although with less energy and cheer. Basically the high pitch I use to be heard and project emotion but the lack of... enthusiasm in my "natural" register.

Phoenix Kitten
Group Contributor

I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it, but I can't help but hear Discord in my head voiced by Erik Davies doing his Hazama voice.

I think Rainbow has progressed beyond Ashleigh Ball, in my head, her voice is a little deeper and smoother, not as raspy as it was, it has some weight to it now, type thing.
Sorta like Rebecca Shoichet doing Twilight's singing voice, but in a higher pitch.

The voices I give... are generic. :rainbowwild:

The odd thing is that I try to imagine RD's voice for her, but somehow when the words are a little "out of character" I can't get into it. Not saying anything in this story is out of character for RD considering what she has been through, but it is... I don't know how to explain it... Some of the long speeches, emotional speeches... Something. And sometimes I can't seem to keep the voices for the others at times. Something in the wording...

Shell I gave a deep voice. Maybe Scar from Lion King? Don't know why.
Steelteeth I kinda gave a deep, gruff, and slightly metallic voice.
Bard havin that sayme accent as a west'ner like Calamity from Fallout Equestria.
Eagle Eye, when the description came, I tried to think of a guy trying to impersonate Twilight. The voice went back to "generic" after a while.
Ebon Mane was another generic one, but since the appearance of Thorax, which I saw after Yaerfaerda, I'm thinking that voice would work.
Props... Couldn't think of anything. Her uncle? Generic Scottish Sailor? Someth like tha'..
Ariel was another generic one, until Silverstream came along... That ended up being her voice.
Keplerrrrrrr.... Aside from that rolling R, I would imagine Hobbes.
And all dragons sound the same: Deep, growling... Yet still regal and feminine?

Comment posted by NeoNymph deleted Jun 15th, 2020

My current headcanon voices:

Noble Jury:

Bellesmith - Moira Kelly (Nala from Lion King)
Pilate - Matthew Broderick (Simba from Lion King)
Kera Tin Mehjj - Melissa Fahn (Rika from Digimon Tamers, Edward from Cowboy Bebop)
Eagle Eye - Brian Beacock (Rivalz from Code Geass, Agumon from Data Squad)
Ebon - Todd Haberkorn (Natsu from Fairy Tail, Ling from FMAB)
Props - Andrea Libman (Pinkie Pie...my mind was burnt out).
Zaid - James Patrick Stuart (Braig/Xigbar from Kingdom Hearts)
Floydien - Michael Gregory (Laughing Bull from Cowboy Bebop)
Roarke - Cree Summer (Several roles)
Josho - Phil Parsons (Nappa from DBZ)
Booster Spice - Jason Liebrecht (Jeice from DBZ Kai, Champa from DBS)

The Job Squad:

Kepler - Gerard Butler/Nolan North (Stoick from HTTYD/Dragons: Riders/Defenders of Berk & RTTE)
Ariel -
Flynn - Christopher Bevins (Tamaki from Code Geass)
Bard -
Wildcard -

Other Characters by Book:
Austraeoh:

Gold Petals -
Fulltrot -
Red Turnip Jr. - Will Friedle (Seifer from KH2)
Zaap Nator - Andrew Chandler (Cooler from DBZ)

Eljunbyro:

Enforcer Shell - Steven Blum (Amon from Avatar: LOK)

Felicity - Shanelle Gray (Larxene from KH, Wendy's commercial)

Innavedr:

Odrsjot:

Urohringr:

Yaefaerda:

Ynanhluutr:

Nick - Scott Melvin (Robin from Teen Titans)
Theamin Mane - Peter New (Doctor Whooves...Who else?)
Echo - Dan Southworth (Vergil from Devil May Cry, Eric from Power Rangers Time Force)

Utaan:

Seraphimus - Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (Cornelia li Britannia from Code Geass)
Keris - Travis Willingham (Roy Mustang from FMA/FMAB)
Starstorm - Rachael Leigh Cook/Britt Baron (Tifa from FFVII/FFVII Remake)
Raptr - Steve Burton/Cody Christian (Cloud from FFVII/FFVII Remake)
Windburst - Dave Boat (Lexaeus from Kingdom Hearts Re:COM)

Ofolrodi:

Lexxic: George Newbern/Tyler Hoeclin (Sephiroth from FFVII)
Azarias:
Masser: Fred Tatasciore (Kakuzu from Naruto)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15