Austraeoh 773 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Has anyone made a map of the Dark Side? The way the directions used in Ofolrodi can be a little mixed up.

I do know Omega is supposed to be north and Alpha is supposed to be south if we’re putting the strip horizontally, but given the context, does curveside mean west?

Curveside is technically still east. Think about a globe that's been smashed really flat and then bent.
Rainbow's on the back half, but still travelling (more or less) in the same direction.

--Spade

FiMvisible
Group Contributor

But as the world was split from a huge circle during the Sundering your analogy fails, because the two sides are parts of two different surfaces altogether. It's more akin to someone living in the Earth's mantle and using the crust as ground, except from the opposite side. I guess it comes down to what one means by "east", but I'm thinking of it as just a label for a longitudinal coordinate. It's most natural to adopt a unified coordinate system for both sides, so that by digging a hole anywhere you're sitting at constant latitude and longitude, just changing altitude. This is the simplest way to assign well-defined coordinates to all places which are in between the two sides (such as the machine layer).

TL;DR I think Rainbow & Co. are technically heading west on the dark side.

Er... as it WAS split, the splinter is what is being looked at as a single object.
It's all that most living creatures on the shard know.
If it were still whole, then I would agree.

TBH, it only really matters in which light Rainbow and Co. are looking at it.
Maybe Twilight will say something about it. :)

--Spade

I always interpreted "Edgeside" as being towards the nearest short edge and "Curveside" as towards the centre of the curved plane. Made a rough visualization.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5