King Sombra Fan Fiction 1,701 members · 1,390 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I love King Sombra! Or I liked what he was supposed to be. The moment I saw this guy in shadow form, I expected him to be a looming and dreaded force rather then a character. I figured something was off the moment the green eyes appeared in his intangible state. But I still like him as a villain and antagonist. Even more so, now that I know he was supposed to be a lot like Sauron.

I want to apply elements of Sauron into him, yet still make him stand out from Sauron as a villain in his own right. He needs his own version of Orcs, Nazgul, Corrupting presence and influence. Phylactery, Craftsmanship. Having the heroes try to stop him from returning. I think we should give King Sombra these same things, but do something different (and creative and interesting) with them. Like not have his Phylactery be a piece of jewelery.

But for this thread, I'm only going to talk of his potential minions. And you know who would make for the perfect minions for King Sombra? The Diamond Dogs!

Lets list the reasons why.

First. Both are inspired by Lord of the Rings

Second. King Sombra is an brilliant Evil Overlord who lacks minions, and the Diamond Dogs are like dumb minions in need of a Dark Lord to pick them up off the feet. Plus their dogs, so they'd have no problem with undying loyalty toward somepony as lawful as him.

Third. They have similar interests. Notably the desire for crystals and practice of slavery.

Fourth. It plays on his heavy inspiration from Sauron.

So their you have it. My head-cannon for his being Pony Sauron, while skimming through the show for anything that could emphasis that, and now I believe the Diamond Dogs to be equivalent to Orcs

Thoughts?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1