King Sombra Fan Fiction 1,701 members · 1,390 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

So, do you guys think that he became King through traditional royal lineage and he first gained control over the Crystal Empire through his bloodline?

Or do you think he was an outsider or a plotting manservant (ponyservant? :rainbowhuh:) who desired to kill/imprison/enslave the royal family?

1811342 I wrote a whole fic about his origin, yo.

I reckon he was too power-hungry and overthrew the Crystal Princess of the time.

That said, I also think he could be a corrupted Star Swirl the Bearded, so... :derpytongue2:

I'm glad I'm not the only one with the headcanon that Starwirl had gone mad with power.

Put shortly:
Was kind, benevolent king.
Wife died.
Went bat shit crazy
CRRRYSSSTALLLSSS!!!!

Nuf' said.
Megatron out

Hmmm, perhaps he was just a normal pony with a rough life and something happened to him to make him snap. Then he became immensely powerful somehow and well,.... you know the rest of the story :twilightblush:

I envision him as a powerful sorcerer who calls himself King because he feels he should be King. I never thought of it as an official title granted by bloodline or succession. I guess in that way he's kind of like Conan, becoming King by his own hand, although in Sombra's case (in my story) he's capable of creating armies to conquer lands, which he declares himself ruler over.

1811442 Megatron, you've nearly got my headcanon. For me, he couldn't cope with the pressure of being in charge after he came to power.

He has the same background as this guy :moustache:

Not quite, i said his wife died. When i said "bat shit crazy", i meant he studied dark magic in order to try and save her from death.but y'know..he got corrupted and......killed a lot of ponies.

1817226 Well we all know what happens when people simplify right? Everyone makes assumptions and tries to find connections if they're bored and have their own headcanon.

There is a fan made video called Tale of one shadow it's pretty popular.
And it gives us a pretty good idea of what happened, go check it out! :heart:

1811342 In my fiction, prevailing shadows, he was an original of the realm like Celestia and Luna. He has a brother named Lumor too.

1811350 What's it called? I have my own, just started it. Mine is called Prevailing Shadows.

2723039 Seems good, I'll check it out when I have a chance.

2723062 Alrighty. I'll check it out, when I've got the time on my hooves. :pinkiehappy:

1811342 What if THIS was Sombra's backstory?

The events shown in this video may be the true canon, and that the Season 3 Premiere we saw was merely a false vision given to us by whatever force allows us to see Equestria.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19