King Sombra Fan Fiction 1,701 members · 1,390 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Howdy folks, a long time ago I tried my hand at writing a 'Sombra comes back as a pissed-off spirit of vengence and destroys everything in his path' sort of fic. Though at a few chapters, it has become derelict from many many months ago and disappeared into the recesses of my unpublished fics folder.

However, I still was subjective on what art version I should use for the cover image when (if) I do publish it one day. The images are actually of the same one I drew, but were styled differently for the final outcome.

So if I can have some opinions on what you all think about these covers that would be greatly appreciated.

Version 1

Version 2

Version 1 is ohhhhhhhh.
Vewrsion 2 is "What the fuck am i smoking?!"
Megatron out.

the first version

2127273 Version 3, AKA. I can't decide either.

Comment posted by Leapingriver deleted Nov 9th, 2013

2127273 Definitely Version 1. It's more ominous and spooky, and def has a more scary vibe to it. version 2 has a lot more white than black, making it a lot brighter and removing that foggy unknown element that version 1 has. the eyes and horn pop out more, but I feel like they call too much attention to themselves. V1 I was drawn more to his mouth and general face area. V2 just his eyes and horn, I couldn't 'see' his whole face.

Version one is a lot darker, more mysterious and more sinister, and I feel it fits King Sombra's dark persona perfectly. I feel that version two is just too bright, and doesn't really convey Sombra as a character as well as the other version.

I hope this helps. :twilightsmile:

Definitely the first one. Much more atmospheric and dark.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12