King Sombra Fan Fiction 1,701 members · 1,390 stories
Comments ( 75 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 75

My fellow associates. Our lord and master is comic back! I was looking at Sombra's page on MLP wiki and found out that he will be playing a prominent role in the 7th story arc of the MLP comic series. Here is the summary of issue 18:
"'Reflections' Part 2. As long kept Canterlot secrets are revealed, the Ponies find a way into a new world. A world where things are very different, yet also very much the same! What role does King Sombra play in this world? The fate of both Equestria and the new world may depend on him!"

Here is also the cover art A and B for issue 18:

This is truly a beautiful day for the legion of King Sombra! ALL HAIL THE LORD AND MASTER!!!

2665272 This pleases me greatly :rainbowkiss:

2665272 2665278

We just gunna ignore the possible Slendy in the first image? :trollestia:

2665284 I was thinking the exact same thing!

But this is just the comic. It doesn't really has any actual influence on the show. Don't mean to be a downer.

It seems like an alternate universe where all the good guys are bad, and all the bad guys are good, or something to that effect.

Though it looks like he got himself some swag with dat hat. Plus, given he is actually canon in the FIM universe, wouldn't surprise me to see him in the comics

2665272 Now... to bring him back in the show.

2665294 Have you read the comics? These are made hands on by the creators of MLP FiM. They can do whatever they want!
2665295 Pretty sick hat! But when did he become cannon?

Enjoy the blowing of your mind.

Well the comics aren't undeniably canon as the show completely ignored the whole "Twilight's mom writes Daring Doo" thing.

Excuse me for a moment....

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~! My favorite villain is coming back!!!! Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

I look forward to his meeting with the rest of the mane six, particularly Pinkie(I need to know if my OTP will have its fifteen minutes of fame!)

2665316 CONSIDER MIND BLOWN!!!!!

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!!!

2665322 Thats true
2665325 My sentiments exactly (Hope you do, you deserve it! Love your story!)

Thank you!!! Also, the world needs this pairing! Just simple conversation shall quench my thirst!

2665272 It will be very interseting to see what they do with him. Sombra was anything but generic, heck he very nearly won, and all while taking his sweet time.

2665322 There was never anything in that comic that outright stated Twilight's mom wrote the Daring Do series. She just had a Daring Do award. Which indictes she's probably a highly praised writer, but not necessarily the author of Daring Do. I think she's the publisher and co-author, seeing as she has Canterot contacts.

I would like Sombra so much more if I wasn't blinded by my own headcanon so much.

This pleases me greatly.:moustache:

Okay I've been hearing about this comic for a while....where can I find all of it?

Your chosen avatar pleases me.

2665272 YES! ALL HAIL KING SOMBRA!

The Emperor Protects?..

Alle Hagel König Sombra!! (All hail king Sombra in German)

2665272 *GASP!*

Is that the Mirror Portal!?!

HO-SHET! Is Sombra in the Human world? If so...

There will be grave consequences to Twilight and the gang....

Yes! Finally a chance for our great lord to show his true power!

All hail Sombra, King of Kings!

2665272 God damn it... well, not quite.

I have over ten thousand words of notes for a massive grand fantasy epic of him coming back from the dead as pretty much a Witcher/Spawn/Dante hybrid, so this could seriously buck up that story, big time.

Or I could write it anyways and damn canon, but I'm too anal like that.

This will fit nicely in my fic. :trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright:

Can't wait to read that comic.

2665272 SOMEBODY FIND THIS COMIC ONLINE AND GIVE ME A LINK! NOW!!!:flutterrage:

3137935 Believe me man. Ive tried.

3137958 Then it appears I will have to buy the comic in real life.
2941600 So this is the cover of the comic book.

I must say, I'm already impressed by how the cover looks. Also, isn't that the same mirror from Equestria Girls?

3137962 The left half is issue 18 and the right is issue 19
Only issue 17 is out currently. Ive read a preview of 17 and yes it appears the mirror is the same one from the movie.

3138076 Can you give me a link to this preview of the comic?

2668395 I have a feeling that unforeseen consequences will emerge.

Evil Rarity looks like the murderess in a film noir.

3139980 Yep. Cadence is now the princess of emo. I can imagine she'd say "You broke my heart, so I'll break your face."

3140009 What's a film noir? Also, what do you think of the evil versions of Celestia and Luna?

Subgenre of detective fiction characterized by cynical and corrupt characters, especially among the suspects.

3140530 Oh. Ok. Also, what do you think about the other alternate versions of the characters?

One general theme I've noticed is that the Evil versions in many cases are wearing a lot more eyeshadow.

Evil Twilight and Evil Applejack look like the leaders of a criminal gang. Evil Rainbow Dash looks is if she's contemplating killing somepony. Evil Fluttershy is about to attack Alternate Angel (who, note, doesn't look evil). Alternate Pinkie Pie looks depressed rather than evil (but this may be a sly "Cupcakes" reference, in which case she's one of the most dangerous of the lot). Evil Rarity, as I've mentioned, looks decadent and treacherous (from an artistic point of view, the interesting thing about her is that both Good and Evil Rarities wear a lot of eyeshadow, the difference being that Good Rarity has a friendly and warm expression while Evil Rarity is scowling). Spike looks identical in both versions.

Evil Cadance looks as if she's made Evil Shining her love slave. Which given Cadance's powers, is perfectly possible; I'd suppose that she still at least lusts after him, and an Evil Cadance would enthrall him as a matter of course.

Evil Celestia looks incredibly cynical and jaded, as if centuries ruling over a land of Evil Little Ponies have left her with a very sour view of Ponykind. Evil Luna's armor has a blood-red tinge to it, and I could easily see her doing things like bathing in the blood of newborn foals. They actually drew her looking nastier than Nightmare Moon.

Interestingly, Good Chrysalis (the alternate one) is drawn as an Alicorn Flutterpony. Which shows that I'm not the only one who has had that thought about the Changelings.

3140551 Wow. And you'd think that Luna couldn't look more evil than when she was Nightmare Moon. Also, is it bad that I like this evil version universe better than the mainstream mlp universe? Also, I bet we can use this song for when Good Celestia and Good Luna fight their evil counterparts.

Also, have this art of evil Celestia and evil Luna.

Also, did you notice that the cutie marks of Evil Celestia and Evil Luna are meant to represent a Solar Eclipse and a Lunar Eclipse?

3140568 Where did you find this art? They haven't appeared yet and there is already fan art for them. By the way I got issue 17 today.

3141310 I found this art on derpibooru. Also, I'm going to try and see if I can find the comics at Hot Topic sometime.

Okay, now that I've had time to read the first half, I'm still interested in what's going to happen but I'm more interested in seeing some validity to thoughts on Sombra. I'm actually compelled to think about how evil he is based on the grounds that we got a hint of him being pure evil and then nothing for the safety of the real target audience of the show. I have a few scenarios as to what his motivation is and, more importantly, how he actually is supposed to act. So many questions and not the right thread for any of them...

3141380 Maybe you can start a new thread to ask some of those questions. Also, have these pics of evil Luna and evil Celestia, as well as the covers for some of the new MLP comics.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 75